Back To Zero

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

 

                        Sungmin and I were in Seoul Café playing a game of Star Craft for the past six hours but my heart wasn’t in it. I only agreed to play because I needed some time off. The last few days were like a crazy dream and I can’t seem to sleep peacefully at night.

 

                        “Yah, Cho Kyuhyun!” Sungmin said after I lost another game. “Have you gone crazy? You’re losing every game.”

 

                        “I think you should be happy that I am not beating you in the game.” I countered.

 

                        Sungmin rolled his eyes at me. “You’re no fun.”

 

                        “Oh, sorry.” I said sarcastically. “Am I boring now?

 

                        “You’re impossible.” he sighed.

 

                        I shut my laptop and scowled. I know I shouldn’t take my stress to Sungmin and I should be grateful that he’s keeping me company but I really couldn’t get hold of my temper these past few days. I’m already in trouble with my hyungs because I often answer them irritably.

 

                        “Going through an annoying phase.” Yesung hyung mumbled once.

 

                        “If you can’t stand not seeing her then you should go and look for her.” Sungmin said.

 

                        “She doesn’t want to see me.” I sighed. “She’s been avoiding me.”

 

                        It has been a week since I last saw Tae Hee. She doesn’t go to SME building to do her work personally and for a moment I was afraid that she left for good. I remember going out with Yoona and I asked her off-handedly if Tae Hee has quit her job.

 

                        “Aniyo, oppa.” she answered. “She’s sad and upset that’s why she doesn’t go to work.”

 

                        I remember wondering how much Yoona knows about Tae Hee for her to say that. I don’t have a single clue of what’s right anymore. It’s so mentally draining and tiring at the same time.

 

                        “When do you plan to talk to Yoona?” Sungmin asked.

 

                        And then there’s that.

 

                        Two days ago I have talked to Minnie about this and asked for his opinion. He said that it’s up to me when I wanted to tell Yoona. I decided that I couldn’t keep her in the dark anymore even if it means that she’ll hate me.

 

                        “As soon as both our schedule clears.” I replied.

 

                        “Don’t think about it too much.” he suggested.

 

                        “I find that really impossible.” I sighed.

 

                        “Oh~!” Sungmin said suddenly. “Teukkie hyung wants us to go back now.”

 

                        I frowned. “Wae?”

 

                        “Mollaso.” he shrugged.

 

                        I let Sungmin drive on the way back to SME; I’m distracted to pay much attention in the road. They were in the clothes room when we arrived and that’s when I caught sight of Tae Hee again.

 

                        She didn’t glance my way and by her actions I know that she’s going to start avoiding me again. We’re back to zero just like the first time we saw each other again, she doesn’t want anything to do with me. I frowned when I saw that she’s lose some weight and I tried to convince myself that it’s just from her line of work. I feel guilty when I thought of how I may be the reason of her stress.

 

                        My father called me last night when I was just getting ready for bed. I was surprised when he told me that he saw Tae Hee at the grocery store. He didn’t elaborate on the matter though, he doesn’t want to upset me and when I was about to hang up my phone, my sister, Cho Ahra took the phone from my dad and started scolding me.

 

                        I sighed as I put on a jacket. She’s so attached to Tae Hee that we fought for weeks when she left. It drives me crazy.

 

                        “Yah!” Heechul hyung shouted. “Is that how you properly wear your jacket?”

 

                        It took me a few seconds to realize that he was talking to me. “Eh??”

 

                        “Kyuhyunnie, you’re not paying attention.” Donghae said impatiently.

 

                        I checked my jacket and saw that I am wearing it backwards. I sighed and pulled it off again. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw that Tae Hee is looking at me, probably wondering why I am distracted.

 

                        After a while, the members of SHINee came inside and I saw Tae Hee’s face lit up when she saw Taemin. I clenched my fist; I hate it that Taemin makes her happy while I can’t even make her smile. And I hate it that I care when I don’t have a right to feel this way.

 

                        So I put my jacket away, turned and left without a backward glance.