Double Date

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

                  News travels fast. That’s all I can say.

 

                After two days of having an agreement with Taemin, the whole SME knows now. It makes me anxious and I feel like I am being put under pressure. They were all happy for us, well all of them except for one person I know, but still it feels weird. I hoped that it will be just the two of us who knows.

 

                Taemin assured me and told me not to worry. He’s still happy and as always I don’t want to burst his bubble. The only good thing about this is that at least no one knows about our relationship aside from the whole SME. We agreed not to make it public because this will surely stir unnecessary rumors.

 

                Kyuhyun is also not happy about this. Trust me, I know. He never once talked to me after that confrontation at my house. He remained silent whenever people tease Taemin and me. I felt relief because he’s finally giving some distance between us but it didn’t help our working relationship.

 

                I feel so tense whenever he’s around. I try to work on a civil way with him but to be honest he’s just avoiding me.

 

                It was a Saturday afternoon and I’m at the SNSD dorm. Yoona invited me to come over because apparently her friends were either out for shopping or visiting their hometown.

 

                “Why aren’t you with them?” I asked rifling through her magazines.

 

                She pouted. “I’m not in the mood for shopping.”

 

                “Arasso, but you don’t have to hole yourself up here.” I said.

 

                “You’re right.” she nodded. “Should we go out?”

 

                “Where will we go?” I asked.

 

                “Mollaso.” she shrugged. “Maybe we can walk around, eat ice cream.”

 

                I laughed. She’s so simple and I liked it. “It’s a date then.”

 

                “YAY!” she beamed and dashed to her room. “I’ll go change.”

 

                Fifteen minutes later, we were both sitting at a swing in a playground eating chocolate chipped ice cream.

 

                “This is so great.” Yoona smiled at me. “I love eating ice cream.”

 

                “Me too.” I agreed.

 

                “Noona!!” Yoona squealed. “Chukkahae!”

 

                “Eh?” I blinked. “Wae?”

 

                “Aigoo~” she smiled. “You and Taemin are a couple, neh?”

 

                I smiled tentatively. “Ah, neh. We are.”

 

                “Do you know each other that long?” Yoona asked curiously.

 

                “Neh.” I nodded.

 

                She sighed suddenly and I looked at her. “Wae? What’s wrong?”

 

                “Nothing…I just miss doing things you know.” she smiled.

 

                “You mean things before you’re an idol?” I asked and she nodded. “You can still do that, you know.”

 

                “I can’t.” she smiled a little sad. “We can’t just go out and do things.”

 

                “Aigoo.” I patted her head. “You can do it with the girls though even if it’s not outside.”

 

                She nodded. “Neh, you’re right unnie!”

 

                “Noona!” someone called me.

 

                I looked around and saw Taemin coming our way. He was waving and he has a cotton candy on his two hands.

 

                “Taemin?” I asked. “What are you doing here?”

 

                “I saw you two going out.” he smiled sheepishly.

 

                “Taemin, are you stalking us?” Yoona asked teasingly.

 

                He scratched his head. “Aniyo, Yoona noona.”

 

                He handed out the cotton candy to me and to Yoona. I know he’s really trying hard for me. I should give him credit for that.

 

                I smiled. “Gumawo.”

 

                “Cheonmaneyo.” he smiled, pinching my cheek.

 

                “Aigoo~” Yoona said. “I’m so jealous unnie!”

 

                I laughed. “Mianhe.”

 

                Yoona whipped her phone out and dialed a number. “I have an idea!”

 

                I asked her who she’s calling and it’s too late when I realized what she’s up to. A few minutes later and I saw Kyuhyun walking towards us.

 

                Yoona beamed at me and held my hand. “I invited Kyuhyun oppa.”

 

                “Wae?” I asked.

 

                “Let’s go on a double date.” Yoona announced.

 

                Kyuhyun was looking at me and I looked at Taemin for help. I can see that Taemin is assessing the situation.

 

                Yoona tugged at my arm. “Kaja.”

 

                “But…” I said tentatively. I don’t really want to do this.

 

                “It’s going to be fun, right oppa?” Yoona asked, smiling to Kyuhyun with so much admiration.

 

                I looked away.

 

                “Neh, it will be fun.” Kyuhyun said and he smiled his infuriating smile.

 

                “Let’s go.” Taemin said finally.

 

                I looked at him, feeling betrayed. “Taemin?”

 

                Yoona and Kyuhyun were all ready holding hands towards Kyuhyun’s car. Taemin held my hand and walked after them.

 

                “We have to prove it to Kyuhyun hyung.” he whispered to me. “Don’t worry noona.”

 

                Somehow I’m not really assured by that.

 

 

                The ride in Kyuhyun’s car is full of tension. Well I felt it except for Yoona who’s chatting merrily. She’s so oblivious to what was happening. My thoughts were jumbled. I’m not really positive about this kind of things that I wanted to back out and fake some illness.

 

                Too late, we’re already here.

 

                It was a fancy restaurant and it looks private also. There’s no point in worrying if we’re going to be seen because all of the people here doesn’t seem to mind us.

 

                “Isn’t this a little fancy, oppa?” Yoona asked, voicing my concern.

 

                Kyuhyun smiled at her. “It’s fine. The tab is on me.”

 

                “Arasso.” Yoona . “I’m going to eat a lot so be ready.”

 

                Kyuhyun smiled as Yoona walked forward to look for seats. He turned around and winked at me which I return with a scowl.

 

                He’s playing another game at me. I thought angrily.

We were given a table on the far corner of the place and we ordered. Taemin and Yoona tried to make conversation. I joined them when the conversation was drifting dangerously about me and my relationship with Taemin. I asked Yoona about how she became an idol and she willingly shared her story.

 

                When our food arrived, our conversation ended. Taemin started cutting his food and I tried to focus on cutting mine. I was surprised when Taemin took my plate and replaced it with his, the steak cut into reasonable pieces.

 

                He smiled at me really sweet. “Eat well, noona.”

 

                I caught Kyuhyun staring at me and I smiled at Taemin sweetly. “Gumawo Taeminnie.”

 

                Kyuhyun glared at me but I gave him an innocent smile. I went back to my food and tried to enjoy it at least.

 

                “Oppa.” Yoona smiled at Kyuhyun. She’s holding out her fork at him asking him to open his mouth and eat.

 

                Kyuhyun smiled hugely and took the food. “Gumawo.”

 

                Yoona giggled and I gripped my fork tightly.

               

                I scowled at my plate. Stay cool, Tae Hee.

 

                Why are we even doing this show? I don’t care. I have Taemin. Act cool, I have to act cool.

 

                “How did you start dating, Yoona noona?” Taemin asked after a while.

 

                My head snapped towards him. What is he doing?

 

                Yoona blushed. “Well, Kyuhyun oppa and I are friends before we dated each other.”

 

                “Jinjja?” Taemin said interestedly and I don’t know if he’s faking it.

 

                I looked at Taemin trying to catch his eyes but I have no luck. Why is he asking these kinds of things?

                I sneak a glance at Kyuhyun and his face turned into a poker face. His face went completely blank. Yoona started telling their love story.

 

                Their love story, in front of me and Taemin is listening to all of this.

 

                What the heck?