Engagement?

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

The last of my pencil finally finished my draft for today. I promised Momo to have a date with him when I finished my drafts on time. He’s lucky because I am feeling empowered today because of the call I received last night from Paris for a two day runway show. I need all the attention I can get for my new clothing line because it will mark a great opportunity for it to release on the market.

 

                        I need to tell this to Taemin though. I know he’ll be worried that I will be finally leaving Korea again so I need to carefully explain it to him.

 

                        “Momo!” I called. “Are you ready for a walk?”

 

                        Momo gave me a happy bark as I put his leash on him. Momo surprisingly love long walks in the park even though his legs are short and his feet are little. He’s also not that whiny just as long as you I buy him a vanilla ice cream later.

 

                        A few people waved at us as we walked to the park, completely happy to see Momo. I laughed as Momo proudly parades himself. He’s wearing the t-shirt I made for him with a hood.

 

                        “Show off.” I and he barked at me.

 

                        I sat in the swing as Momo explores his surrounding where his leash will allow it. Having a peaceful day like this makes me remember of childhood. I’m not a person who likes to go out with other kids and play. I am happy sitting by myself and drawing some random things in my handy notebook.

 

                        When Momo started to tug on his leash I know that it’s time for me to buy him his favorite vanilla ice cream in a nearby vendor. I fell in line together with the kids and ordered two cones.

 

                        I sat on the grass this time as I held the other cone to Momo. I looked around my ice cream when I saw a familiar figure walking down the street.

 

                        Kyuhyun?

 

                        He was walking away from the street where my house is located and I couldn’t help but wonder if he went there. Who else he knows lives here?

 

                        Kyuhyun, I missed him so much and the distance I am putting between him and me were painful but it’s for the best. I want him and Yoona to spend time together and for him to completely forget about me. Soon I’ll be leaving for Japan again, maybe after I went to Paris and I’ll settle there for good.

 

                        I’ll do what it takes to make Taemin agree without drawing a huge argument. I watched as he goes away. I can’t help seeing the sadness in his posture but I told myself to stop. I don’t have the right to care.

 

                        “Noona!” Taemin called after me.

 

                        I looked up from where I was sitting. “Taemin-ah, what are you doing here?”

 

                        “Looking for you.” he smiled.

 

                        “You don’t have a schedule for today?” I smiled as he sits beside me.

 

                        “I finished early.” he said rummaging at the plastic bag he was holding.

 

                        I craned my neck to look. “What’s that?”

 

                        “Food.” Taemin said putting the pack of chips on the freshly mowed grass. “I bought some chips on the convenience store and banana milk.”

 

                        Taemin handed me one as he started sipping his banana milk.

 

                        “Oh~ Momo-ah!” Taemin smiled looking at my dog. “Do you want banana milk? I swear it’s the best!”

 

                        Momo barked at him and scooted away.

 

                        Taemin pouted. “He still doesn’t like me.”

 

                        For some reason Momo is really aloof to Taemin. He wasn’t hostile at him or anything but Momo never allows Taemin to pet him. Weird.

 

                        I shrugged. “Maybe he’s not used to you.”

 

                        I opened up the chips and handed it to Taemin. It’s one of those big chips where you get free toys or something. Taemin really likes it every since he’s in elementary which I find cute and funny.

 

                        “Oh!” Taemin said putting down his banana milk.

 

                        I raised an eyebrow at him. As a general rule, Taemin never put down his banana milk unless it’s completely empty.

 

                        “Oh look what I found!” Taemin said waving the toy he got from the chips.

 

                        I frowned. “Why is it so small?”

 

                        “It’s a ring!” Taemin said excitedly.

 

                        I looked at it closely and laughed. It’s a plastic ring in the shape of a heart. I never know they make this kind of things even after all these years.

 

                        “Kyeopta!” I smiled.

 

                        Taemin took my left hand and put it on my finger where it will fit. “Noona will you take this ring as sign of my love?”

 

                        My heart pounded. I know Taemin must be joking but his serious expression makes my heart thump. In my eyes he wasn’t a boy anymore he’s grown up into something close to a man and even though the ring is merely a toy…it seems real to me.

 

                        “N-neh?” I replied.

 

                        Taemin smiled at me. “Saranghae.”

 

                       

                        The next day I wore the plastic ring just to humor Taemin. Today is another day for them to choose clothes I made and as usual I’m with SHINee and Super Junior. The SUJU boys were quiet and chatting to themselves, which I find weird, while SHINee was loud and having fun.

 

                        “Oh noona!” Minho said tapping me by the shoulder. “What’s that on your finger?”

 

                        I looked up at him a little confused and then I looked at my hand. “Oh, Taemin gave it to me.”

 

                        “It’s a promise ring!” Taemin smiled cheerfully.

 

                        “It’s a plastic ring.” Onew said and I smiled.

 

                        Jonghyun put a hand on his chest and sighed with relief. “Aigoo~ I thought it was an engagement ring.”

                       

                        Key laughed at his expression. “It’s too soon to get married.”

 

                        “I’m still saving for the real ring, hyung.” Taemin laughed.

 

                        I smiled at their silliness but my smile disappeared when I realized that we’re not alone in the room. I looked to my left and met Kyuhyun’s eyes. His posture is cold but I can see pain in his eyes. The other boys were looking at me too and I couldn’t read their expressions.

 

                        I saw Sungmin pat Kyuhyun in the back as he walked out of the room.

 

                        The plastic ring felt heavier in my hand ever since.