Action

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

 

                I never knew that I will be able to come to a place like this again. I mean, for the last three years I pretty much avoided it because the place bear too many memories, it makes me remember a broken promise.

 

                Still I’m here, sitting in one of the chapel’s pews reflecting on my own. There are many people in white and if an outsider was to look, he or she will definitely think that this is a real wedding, but it’s not. All around me were different sets of cameras and there were at least a dozen assistants doing their jobs.

 

                Today is the shooting of an OST’s music video and I am the main character. The role they have given me is mockingly painful in my part because I will play ‘groom’.

 

                I’m not yet in my suit. They told me a while ago that they were having some issues about whether I should wear a white or black tuxedo, like it matters to me. All I want is for this to end.

 

                “Wow, you look like an awful groom.” said a voice from behind.

 

                I turned around from my seat and give Sungmin a scowl. “Haha, you’re very funny.”

 

                “Oh c’mon, drop the sarcasm. You do look awful.” he pointed. “Don’t think too much about it. It’s not a real wedding.”

 

                “I don’t think I can be comforted with that fact.” I said grumpily.

 

                Sungmin rolled his eyes. “It could be a lot worse you know.”

 

                I asked Sungmin to join me here today for moral support but he’s not helping right now. I just wanted to go back to our dorm and forget the music video.

 

                “It seems like they’re having problems out there.” Sungmin commented. “They’re having trouble locating your supposed to be ‘bride’.”

 

                “Maybe she ran away.” I snapped.

 

                “Woah~” Sungmin said holding up his hands. “I’m just saying.”

 

                I sighed. I really need to check my temper right now. I mumbled a quick apology to Sungmin before excusing myself to go outside. I was about to get some fresh air when the PD blocked my way.

 

                “Mainhe, Kyuhyun-ssi.” he began. “You’re supposed to be bride cancelled on us due to emergency.”

 

                I nodded. “It’s fine. Are we going to reschedule?”

 

                “Aniyo.” he answered. “We won’t reschedule if we can avoid it. They’re looking for a substitute now.”

 

                “Oh.” I mumbled a little disappointed. “Arasso.”

 

                “Why don’t you get dressed while we wait for the substitute.” he suggested and I agreed.

 

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

 

                I was driving along the highway when I got a call from Seo Hyo, the girl who helped me manage the clothes from SME. I can hear panic in her voice as she tells me the reason why she called. She informed me that one of the Super Junior members is at an MV shoot right now and they were having trouble with the clothes. The president asked for her to call me if I could drop by in the location to help since it’s an important MV.

 

                So after dictating the address to me, I revved up my car to the other direction. I’m not familiar with the address but I located with no difficulty. I parked, got out of the car and wonder where the main location is.

 

                I glanced around. In my left is a small chapel and across the street there were four white vans. I approached one of the girls who was in the van and asked if she knows where the MV will be shooting and she directed me towards the chapel.

 

                At first I thought that the chapel was just a landmark for me to identify the place near the shooting location, it turns out that the chapel is the place where the MV will take place.

 

                I braced myself for the impact of the surroundings just like when I went to Maria’s wedding. Fate is really cruel to me. Do I really have to go through this again? I stepped inside and they led me where the clothes are. They asked for my opinion about the bride’s gown and the groom’s suit. I replied robotically, or should I say numbly, remembering my conversation with Yoona the other day.

 

                “Okay, I’ll give this to the groom.” one of the assistants told me.

 

                I nodded, realizing too late that I forgot to ask if I can go now. Having no choice but to stay I stand in the far corner avoiding anyone’s gaze.

 

                “Tae Hee?” someone tapped me in the shoulder.

 

                I jumped a little and then I saw Sungmin’s puzzled expression. “What are you doing here?”

 

                “I was asked to help choose the clothes.” I replied. So, Sungmin is the groom.

 

                “Do you want to go outside?” he asked suddenly. “I’ll go with you.”

 

                “Huh?” I blinked a little confused. “Shouldn’t you be preparing for the shoot?”

 

                Sungmin looked uncomfortable now and he was blocking my sight of the altar. “I’m not the groom.”

 

                “You’re not?” I frowned and then a pushed him a little to get a view of the altar.

 

                I gasp.

 

                “Look Tae Hee, let’s go outside.” Sungmin was tugging at my arm now, trying to prevent me to see who’s down the aisle but it’s too late.

 

                I’ve already seen him.

 

                Kyuhyun was dressed in a dashing white suit, the one I just choose earlier. I stared at him completely at a lost for words. My heart skipped a beat when he turned to look my way. His lips parted and his face was a mask of horror, it seems like he didn’t expect me to be here.

 

                “Oh there you are!” the PD exclaimed, momentarily distracting me. “Ms. Kim, you’ll be our saving grace.”

 

                “Mou?” I asked turning my attention to him.

 

                “We’re having a huge problem.” the director told me. “We need a bride substitute and I’m begging you to take the role.”

 

                I stared at him, dumbfounded. “Wait. What? No!”

 

                “Please, we don’t have much time.” the director pleaded. “The MV needs to be finished right now.”

 

                “No…no.” I said backing away. “I can’t…I’m sorry.”

 

                They continued to plead with me and I’m not really in my right mind. I was too dizzy to realize what’s going on. I didn’t verbally agree with this but somehow they’re expectant gaze gave me no choice. They led me to the dressing area and slipped me on my gown; make me hold the bouquet of flowers and started briefing me about the scene.

 

                I didn’t fully understand because I’m in a daze, all I remember is that it’s a sad story and I need to cry. It wouldn’t be so hard because even as they were making me wear the gown I was already in the verge of crying.

 

                I walked down the aisle the song for the MV in the background and the tears started falling as the PD said the word action. But it wasn’t because I need to act, the tears came falling because this is so painful. Kyuhyun was waiting for me down the aisle and I couldn’t read his expression, maybe it’s because of the tears blurring my vision.

 

                Why am I being subjected to this? It’s like rubbing salt in my already wounded feelings. Finally, I reached Kyuhyun. He took my already shaking hand.

 

                “Tae Hee…” he murmured, agony in his voice.

 

                “CUT!!” the PD shouted. “That’s a wonderful take. It’s a wrap everyone!”

 

                I wriggle out of Kyuhyun’s grasp as they remove the veil I was wearing. The concerned questions started when they noticed that my tears haven’t subsided yet.

 

                “Gwenchanna?” they asked me.

 

                I nodded and lied. “I’m fine.”

 

                “What’s wrong?” the PD asked me.

 

                I backed away trying to mask my tears with a laugh. “I’m just being silly. I mean the song is emotional and the story is just sad. I’ll go change.”

 

                “Tae Hee!” Kyuhyun said running after me.

 

                I locked myself in the first room I found, tossed the bouquet away and cried.