My Little Taemin

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

 

             I am driving my car with average speed. I don’t know what time is it; all I know is that I am so exhausted and I just want to get home. I frowned as I drove around Seoul, the roads unfamiliar due to my three year absence. After what seems like ages I found my way home and parked my black BMW.

 

          I yanked my five inches high heeled shoes on my way to the front door of my temporary house while I am here in Korea. It is a two story house that is also built for business purposes. Maria specifically booked this one before convincing me to stay for three good months, so I’m practically cornered. The first floor will be my studio where my drafting tools and other fashion designing stuffs were arranged as well as the clothes I already made.

 

          I staggered to get on the second floor which serves as the house proper with one bedroom and two bathrooms, one for my personal use and one down the hall. There’s also a mini kitchen where I grabbed a glass of water to drain all the remaining remnants of champagne in my system. I wrenched open my bedroom door and dropped myself like a rag doll on the bed.

 

          “Aish~ I’m really tired.” I groaned my face buried in one of my pillows. I am so tired both from the party and the thought of finally being here again, to the place I have avoided for three solid years.

 

          I left everything: my family, which I already called and met before I went to the wedding, and my close friends.

 

           Close friends?

 

          I sat bolt upright when I thought about that. I am so dead because I promised one person that I will call once I got back in Korea and he waited for three whole years.

 

           Taemin.

 

          I grabbed my phone and dialed his number, silently praying that he hadn’t changed it for the past years. It rang continuously, which is a good sign, and I tapped the bed impatiently. At last someone answered.

 

          “Yobosayeo?” answered a cute voice and I smiled.

 

          “Taemin, it’s me.” I answered.

 

           I can hear music and talking in the background so I guessed Taemin is in a club or something. “Who?”

 

          “Aish~ you’ve forgotten my voice.” I said over thephone. “Kim Tae Hee imnida.”

 

          There was a short pause and then loudly, “Noona?!”

 

          I laughed. “Neh. I’m glad you still know my name. I thought you’ve forgotten already.”

 

          “Aniyo!” Taemin answered indignantly. “I will never forget you noona. I just didn’t recognize your voice at once.”

 

          “I’m glad I reached you through this number.” I answered as I undo my hair.

 

          “Neh.” Taemin laughed and I can still hear voices. “Where are you noona?”

 

          “Guess it.” I laughed.

 

          “You’re not in Korea, are you?” he asked slowly.

 

          I laughed yet again. “I guess, I am.”

 

          “Jeongmal?!” he asked a little loudly and I was forced to move the phone away from my ear

.

          “Neh.” I answered.

 

          “Yah noona! Why didn’t you tell me you’re going back?” Taemin asked with a little accusation and I am willing to bet that he’s pouting.

 

          “It’s sort of an unexpected comeback.” I explained.

 

          “When will I see you?” he whined over the phone.

 

          “Tomorrow?” I asked.

 

          “Tomorrow, then.” he agreed.

 

          “Yah! Lee Taemin, are you just going to talk over there?” a voice shouted.

 

          I frowned. “Who is that with the diva voice?”

 

          “That’s Key.” Taemin whispered before he shouted back. “I’m coming, hyung.”

 

          “What’s happening?” I asked.

 

          “I’ll see you tomorrow, noona.” Taemin said hurriedly. “I need to go now. Bye.”

 

          I heard the click before I can even say my goodbye. That’s weird; Taemin was never busy for anything before. I guess he’s a busy man now, now that he’s older. I changed my clothes and went to bed. Tomorrow I will have to meet Korea for the second time.

 

 

          The next morning I woke a little early than necessary. It is a beautiful day outside to I decided to went out and explore the place. I showered, gather my things and went out. I didn’t bring my car and I walked with my ipod, a song blasting in my ears and an umbrella in my hand to protect me from the sun.

 

          So many things have changed. I thought as I looked around.

 

          I went to different clothing stores to gather ideas of the new Korean fashion. There is one store that caught my eyes. ‘Kpopper’ it says on the sign and I went inside. The clothes were unique and well a little wacky if I may add, maybe because I am used to the Lolita dresses in Japan and their custom meaning for ‘wacky clothes’ were the anime inspired ones, that I am a little surprised with the clothes here.

 

          “Annyeong.” the saleslady greeted me.

 

          “Annyeong.” I smiled as I looked around.

 

          The lady followed me through the store, ready to assist me anytime. “What group are you looking for ma’am? The girl’s clothes are over here.”

 

          She pointed at her left and I followed her. “What do you mean group?”

 

          “The kpop group you like ma’am.” she smiled. “We have almost every copy of their clothes.”

 

          “Copy?” I asked suspiciously, being a fashion designer the authenticity of the clothes were always the issue.

 

          The saleslady laughed. “Don’t worry ma’am they were copied legally. We are the first store to sell replicas of the performance clothes of various kpop groups.”

 

          “Oh, that’s nice.” I smiled. “So what groups do you have?”

 

          The lady frowned. “Aren’t you from Korea ma’am?”

 

          “I have been gone for three years so I don’t know of the latest happening here.” I admitted.

 

          “That’s okay ma’am.” she smiled kindly. “Here we have the group 2ne1, Kara, T-ara, SNSD…”

 

          She rattled all the girl groups and I looked from racks to racks of clothes. They were fun to look at but when the sales lady asked me to try one I declined with laughter.

 

          “So there are only girl groups?” I asked.

 

          “Aniyo. The boy groups were a lot more famous.” the lady smiled. “Actually the girls buy those most because they want to have the clothes their bias wore.”

 

          She led me to the racks of clothes for the boys. Every rack was plastered by the group’s members. There’s Bigbang, DBSK, Infinite and SHINee. I stopped in front of the last one.

 

          I frowned and looked closely. I turned to the saleslady and pointed at the middle. “Who…is this boy?”

 

          The saleslady blushed. “Oh that’s Lee Taemin the maknae of SHINee.”

 

          “Oh.” I said as I looked at Taemin. Taemin is in a boy group?

 

          “Over there is the largest rack of clothes for the boys…” the saleslady said pointing at the end of the store.

 

              I looked at the poster plastered on top and I saw that there were thirteen boys in the picture. I was about to walk towards it when my phone rang.

 

             Noona, let’s meet on our usual coffee shop.  Be Safe.

 

             -Taeminnie ♥

 

            I walked out of the store reluctantly and thanked the saleslady promising her that I will go back and buy clothes. Even when I was outside I couldn’t help but be curious of the group with thirteen members.

 

               I left my umbrella on the rack outside before I went inside the coffee shop. I put on my white cap and then my shades. I don’t want to be seen just yet because the coffee shop is crowded. A few minutes later a boy, a handsome boy walked right to my place.

 

               “Noona!” he smiled.

 

               I stood up. “Taeminnie! You’ve grown so much.”

 

              He laughed and fidgeted with his hair. “You’re more beautiful than ever, noona.”

 

             “Aish~ you always say that and I am starting to feel that it’s recorded.” I .

 

                “Aniyo, noona.” he laughed.

 

              We sat down and ordered the same menu we always order. I am aware of the people looking at us and I have a fair understanding why. I am currently with a hot boy. I smiled inwardly at the thought of that because Taemin has always been my little boy.

 

               “What are you smiling at, noona?” Taemon asked as the waiter put our order on the table.

 

                “Yah! I learned something about you today.” I said mysteriously.

 

                “What is it noona?” Taemin frowned.

 

             I leaned forward and whispered. “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re now a famous member of a boy group?”

 

                   Taemin blushed. “Aniyo. I am not that famous.”

 

                “Aish~ not famous, eh?” I teased. “Why are these girls snapping pictures of you endlessly then?”

 

                  Taemin looked around and blushed even more. I cover my mouth trying not to laugh; he’s so cute when he blushes. “You’re making fun of me, noona.”

 

                  “Aniyo.” I said shaking my head. “I am so proud of you, Taeminnie.”

 

              He blushed even more and then he ambushes me with one question I know he’s dying to ask. “Are you staying here for good, noona?”

 

                I thought about it for a moment. “Aniyo.”

 

                “Wae?” he asked quietly and I know that he’s sad.

 

                “You know I can’t stay.” I answered quietly. “Mianheyeo.”

 

                “How long?” he asked.

 

                 “Three months.” I answered.

 

                 “And then you’ll leave again?” Taemin asked.

 

                “Neh.”

 

                He looked at me with puppy eyes. “Stay please.”

 

                “We’ll see about that.” is all I answered because I can’t give him false hopes.

 

                I struggle to make the conversation happy again and I am glad that he didn’t stay sad.  I asked him about his group and he answered me happily. I know that he’s enjoying whatever he’s doing.

 

                 “So you’re not in the club last night?” I asked.

 

                  “Aniyo.” he answered shaking his head. “I am at the dance studio.”

 

                  I smiled. “I want to see you perform.”

 

                 “I’ll invite you to our show one day.” Taemin said eagerly. “I will introduce you to my hyungs too.”

 

                 “Arasso.” I smiled.

 

                  “What will you do while you’re here?” he asked.

 

               “Mostly researching for my new clothing line.” I explained. “I don’t have a label name yet. And maybe I’ll find a temporary job.”

 

                “Wow.” Taemin said with his eyes shining.

 

                 I laughed. “You’re like a little boy.”

 

                “I am your little Taemin, right?” he laughed.

 

                 “Neh.”

 

           Our conversations were interrupted by the fans who want to ask for his autograph and picture. Taemin obliged while I look at him proudly. Finally a fan noticed me and asked bravely.

 

                  “Are you his girlfriend?” a woman who must’ve been my age asked.

 

                  I shook my head. “Aniyo. I am his noona.”

 

                  The girl smiled. “You look familiar.”

 

              I covered my cheeks consciously because it is the only part of my face not covered. “Jeongmal?”

 

                “Neh. I may have seen you on a fashion magazine.” she said thoughtfully.

 

                “Ah, aniyo. It must’ve been someone else.” I laughed awkwardly.

 

              “Maybe.” she answered reluctantly and I am glad when Taemin said that we have to go.

 

              “Why didn’t you admit that you’re a fashion designer?” Taemin asked once we were outside.

 

                 “I do that a lot even in Japan.” I laughed. “I don’t want to draw attention.”

 

              Taemin laughed and looked at me. “Noona, you will never be unnoticed. I promise you that.”

 

             He winked at me and walked forward. I followed him and a sudden nervous feeling hit me. It was like his words bear a thousand meaning and I was sure that it was going to happen. What could that be?