Reckless Taemin

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

                        It’s only a few days since I came back to Korea together with my hyungs but I can immediately tell that something has changed and when I say change, I’m talking about Kyuhyun hyung and Tae Hee noona’s relationship. I’ve been observing Tae Hee noona since I get back. I’m happy because she’s genuinely happy that I’m back. She always spends time with me just like before but I know something have shifted.

 

                        I noticed that she seems more comfortable with Kyuhyun hyung now and she doesn’t seem to be bothered by him anymore. They even talk to each other with an ease. I don’t know what happened in the days I was gone but it didn’t make me feel better. I tried asking her about it but she seems a little evasive.

 

                        “I’m just glad we’re not fighting anymore.” Tae Hee noona shrugged when I asked her. “I’m tired of fighting.”

 

                        I’m glad that she’s more relaxed but somehow the idea of her getting comfortable with Kyuhyun hyung again makes me feel agitated. What if Kyuhyun hyung just want to take her away from me again by acting nice?

 

                        I need to do something about it.

 

                        I wandered around the SME building feeling restless and worried at the same time. I couldn’t even do my work properly. I’m really scared about my relationship with Tae Hee noona, I feel like she’s slipping away from me. I don’t know how she feels about me; I know she cares for me but caring is something she always felt about me.

 

                        I want to know if she loves me, not as a boy but a man that’s capable for a relationship.

 

                        I decided to go at the rooftop to clear my mind before meeting up with noona tonight. I opened the door loudly and I saw someone sitting on the single bench the rooftop provides.

 

                        It was Kyuhyun hyung; drinking something when I took a closer look I saw that he’s been drinking Soju. Beside him were a few un-empty bottles of Soju.

 

                        We looked at each other for a few seconds and the next thing I know, we’re both holding a bottle of Soju and we’re facing each other. I took a fourth sip of Soju in my bottle since Kyuhyun hyung didn’t bring any shot glasses. The Soju burned in my throat. This is not the first time I get to taste this but this is the first time I actually allowed myself to drink and not just take a little sip.

 

                        “Tae Hee noona seems to be comfortable with you now.” I said breaking the silence.

 

                        Kyuhyun’s eyebrow shot up. “Yeah, so?”

 

                        I clenched my fist. He really likes to provoke me. “You’re a good actor, hyung.”

 

                        “Why do you bother calling me ‘hyung’ when you don’t even like saying it?” he smirked.

 

                        I shrugged. “Stop avoiding my question.”

 

                        Kyuhyun hyung take another sip of Soju and fixed me with a look. “What happens between Tae Hee and I are our business. I don’t think you have anything to do with it.”

 

                        “I’m her namja chingu.” I glared at him.

 

                        “If you’re really bothered about my presence then tell it to Tae Hee.” he said.

 

                        My head is starting to feel numb but I’m not going to back down to him. The Soju keeps giving me confidence.

 

                        “I don’t trust you even back then.” I said bluntly. “I know from the start that you’re going to break her heart.”

 

                        “Stop provoking me, kid.” Kyuhyun hyung said rudely. “I might take you up for it this time.”

 

                        “I won’t back down from you.” I spat. “I don’t care if you’re older.”

 

                        I stood up and threw my Soju at the floor, already drunk. Kyuhyun hyung did the same and I raised my fist getting ready.

 

                        Two figures appeared behind us before we can even take a swing at each other. I felt arms gripped me from behind.

 

                        “Yah, let go!” I shouted, my voice slurred.

 

                        “I’m going to bring him at the dorm.” a voice, which I distantly recognized as Leeteuk hyung’s, spoke to my ear.

 

                        “Don’t. He’ll get into a lot more trouble.” another voice said. “Bring him to Tae Hee.”

 

                        “Arasso.”

 

                        I felt Leeteuk hyung drag me with his arms because I keep struggling. Ten minutes later I am strapped in the passenger side of Leeteuk hyung’s car.

 

                        “Pull over.” I mumbled weakly.

 

                        “Shut up.” Leeteuk hyung said irritated. “You should know better than to drink and get wasted.”

 

                        “I’m fine.” I snapped.

 

                        Leeteuk hyung didn’t respond, he probably knows that talking with a drunken boy would get him nowhere. The car stopped eventually and Leeteuk hyung dragged me again.

 

                        “Tae Hee.” Leeteuk hyung knocked on the front door.

 

                        The door opened and I saw Tae Hee noona looked at me and then at Leeteuk hyung.

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

                        “What happened?” I asked confusedly as I open the door for them.

 

                        Leeteuk oppa dropped Taemin at the coach and I followed them. Taemin looked awful and he’s so red in the face.

 

                        “He almost got into a fight with Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk explained. “They’re both drunk.”

 

                        “Mou?” I asked. Taemin never drinks.

 

                        “Sungmin and I found them.” Leeteuk said shaking his head. “We don’t know what to do with them anymore. They’re always having a go at each other.”

 

                        I nodded dazedly. “I’ll take care of him. Gumawo for bringing him here.”

 

                        “I don’t have choice.” Leeteuk said disapprovingly. “He’ll get in a lot more trouble if I brought him to their dorm.”

 

                        I went to the kitchen and brewed coffee once Leeteuk was gone. I prepared a damp cloth and started wiping it at Taemin’s face. He was smiling at me dazedly and I can smell the stench of Soju on him.

 

                        “Noona.” Taemin slurred. “Why are you so beautiful?”

 

                        I pursed my lips. “Why are you doing this?”

 

                        “I just had a little drink.” he said defensively continuing to smile.

 

                        I sighed and face him. “Taemin you should stop doing this kind of things. It’s not like you. Do you unders—“

 

                        My words were stopped when Taemin suddenly cupped my face and kissed me directly at my lips. My eyes widened and I pushed him away automatically.

 

                        “Wae?” he whined.

 

                        I stood and backed away from him. “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

                        “I’m your namja chingu.” Taemin said unfazed. “Why are you surprised?”

 

                        I couldn’t believe that this is happening. I know he’s drunk and he’s not on his right mind but I still can’t get over the fact that he did it on a whim. He has never kissed me before in the lips and this is just wrong.

 

                        “I’m so disappointed on you.” I said shaking my head.

 

                        “When are you going to start seeing me as man?” he asked angrily. “I’m not a kid anymore.”

 

                        I sighed and left him at the living room. There’s no point reasoning with him when he’s so drunk so I tried to let it pass. When I went back to Taemin, he’s already lying in the couch asleep. I put the cup of coffee on the table beside him and went upstairs.

 

                        I put a hand on the place where he kissed me and sighed. This is just crazy.