I Break Another Heart

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                        I was unpacking my bag on my room when my hyungs arrived. They looked like they just went in a happy vacation too even though it’s just for a day and a half. We cherished these rare privileges since we work so much and almost doesn’t have time for our family.

 

                        Ryeowook hyung poked his head into my room. “Kyuhyun there’s food in the kitchen.”

 

                        “I’ll be out in a minute, hyung.” I mumbled.

 

                        I changed my clothes distractedly. I can’t keep the thoughts of Tae Hee from my mind. I’ve been thinking of her since last night when we finally retired on our separate suite for the night.

 

                        She still loves me.

 

                        It’s shocking to know. All this time I thought that she just plain hates me and maybe she does but she loves me too. She’s been keeping herself from me because she’s afraid that I’ll just hurt her again. The thought pains me. I don’t want her to see me like that. I don’t want her to be scared of loving me.

 

                        “Kyuhyun, how’s your trip?” Sungmin asked once I sat down on my chair.

 

                        I took my time on getting food before answering. “It’s…fine.”

 

                        “Eh?” Ryeowook frowned. “You don’t seem happy about it.”

 

                        How can I be happy when I’m loving someone I can’t have anymore and in the process I’m hurting someone whom I don’t want to hurt at all?

 

                        “I’m just a little tired.” I said evasively.

                        “Who are you with?” Yesung hyung asked.

 

                        “Oh she’s with Yoona.” Sungmin answered for me as I looked up at Yesung hyung.

 

                        “I saw Yoona on SME yesterday.” Yesung hyung said.

 

                        “Didn’t you go anywhere yesterday, hyung?” I asked.

 

                        Yesung hyung shook his head. “I need to do a recording yesterday. So who are you with if Yoona is here?”

 

                        I felt the pressure of their eyes at me.

 

                        I sighed. “I’m with Tae Hee.”

 

                        “Mou?” they asked.

 

                        “Yah~ are you really crazy?” Siwon hyung asked. “Going at with Tae Hee when Yoona is your girlfriend?”

 

                        I put down my spoon. I know they’ll get it the wrong way so I started explaining how I ended up going with Tae Hee.

 

                        “Oh~” they mumbled.

 

                        “That’s weird.” Yesung hyung said.

 

                        I stoop up and went to the door.

 

                        “Yah! Where are you going?” Eunhyuk hyung asked.

 

                        “I need to talk to Yoona.” I said and left.

 

 

Yoona’s POV:

 

                        I hang up the phone after talking with Tae Hee unnie.

 

                        Mianhe. She apologized at me and even though she said that it’s because I couldn’t come I know that she wants to say more. She probably wants to say sorry for not telling me the truth but it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t bother me anymore.

 

                        It was my fault why they ended up together in Jeju Island and I’m glad that my plan worked. It was tricky to convince Tae Hee unnie to come with Kyuhyun oppa to replace me but I did. I hope they have talked on their stay in Jeju.

 

                        I hope they didn’t waste the opportunity I gave them.

 

                        I saw Kyuhyun oppa outside the dance studio waiting for me and I excused myself from the girls.

 

                        “Can we talk for a moment, Yoona?” Kyuhyun oppa asked his face serious.

 

                        “Neh.” I nodded.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                        I led her to the parking lot where there’s no one who will bother us. I’m gathering my thoughts and trying to think of the right words to say, deciding how to begin telling her the truth when she speaks.

 

                        “I’m breaking up with you.” Yoona said looking directly at me.

 

                        I blinked stupidly. “M-mou?”

 

                        “Oppa, I’m breaking up with you.” Yoona said loud and clear.

 

                        “W-wae?” I asked.

 

                        Yoona smiled at me sadly. “I just want to be the one to do it before you even have the chance.”

 

                        “What are you talking about?” I asked my head spinning.

 

                        “You don’t have to tell me everything.” Yoona said still smiling that sad smile. “I know the truth already. I know about you and Tae Hee unnie.”

 

                        The world seems to fall on all the wrong places. “How? Who told you?”

 

                        “You accidentally told me when you were drunk.” Yoona replied.

 

                        Sungmin’s question flashed back to me instantly. Are you and Yoona okay? Did you say something to her last night?

 

                        I stared at her, horrified on the way she knows the truth.

 

                        I took a step towards her. “Yoona, I’m sorry. I…”

 

                        She nodded like as if she understands. “I know. You didn’t mean to harm me, right?”

 

                        “Of course I don’t want to hurt you but…” I said in a rush.

 

                        Yoona held up a hand. “That’s why you don’t have to worry anymore. I just wished you told me earlier. You could’ve save yourself from this hurt. You could’ve saved me.”

 

                        I stood there numbly. I don’t get it how she can understand the unfairness of it all for her. Yoona is kind but I never have thought that she’ll accept it like this. She’s hurt there’s no doubt about that and I will not make any excuse for what I have done.

 

                        “Did you and Tae Hee unnie talked already?” she asked.

 

                        “Talk?” I asked.

 

                        “I didn’t plan that trip to Jeju for nothing, oppa!” she exclaimed.

 

                        Another shock for my poor brain. “You planned that?”

 

                        “My last gift for you.” Yoona said.

 

                        I am overwhelmed by the things she’s telling me. I went here to tell the truth but it seems like she’s the one waiting for me to tell all of this.

 

                        “Why are you being so kind to me?” I asked helplessly.

 

                        “Because I love you.” Yoona answered simply. “And I love Tae Hee unnie too.”

 

                        “She cares for you.” I said instantly.

 

                        Yoona nodded. “Neh like a sister. I can see it. None of you wants to hurt me intentionally.”

 

                        I nodded.

 

                        “I just want you to give me your word that this time you won’t screw up.” Yoona said.

 

                        I shook my head. “She won’t take me back. She’s with Taemin, she wouldn’t hurt him.”

 

                        “Are you really going to be stopped by that?” she asked imploringly.

 

                        “I…no I won’t.” I said realizing that even though this didn’t happen I’ll continue to run after Tae Hee.

 

                        “Don’t let her go twice.” Yoona said. “Don’t let my sacrifice be in vain.”

 

                        “I won’t.” I promised.

 

                        Yoona nodded and I engulfed her in a hug murmuring over and over how sorry I am. She’s quietly crying in my arms listening to my useless rambling.

 

                        “Mianhe for hurting you, now I know I’m truly evil.” I mumbled.

 

                        “You’re not evil.” Yoona said through her tears. “You’re just in love.”

 

                        “I don’t know how to thank you.” I mumbled.

 

                        Yoona pulled away from me. “Do you need help? I can talk to Tae Hee unnie.”

 

                        “I brought this to myself and I should be able to face it.” I said. You don’t need to sacrifice yourself anymore.

 

                        Yoona nodded thoughtfully and then looked up with an unreadable expression. “Can you give me one last gift?”

 

                        “Anything.” I answered fervently.

 

                        Yoona tiptoed towards me and gave me a kiss on the lips. I kissed her back, our last kiss and I tried to convey all the things I didn’t have the chance to tell her.

 

                        “Saranghae oppa.” she said when she pulled away. “I hope we can still be friends.”

 

                        Yoona then walked away without a backward glance. I know she’s sad and I know she’s crying and hurting but I restrained myself on running after her. She doesn’t want me to see her that way.