The Dance Machine

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

 

                After a lot of persuading, Tae Hee noona agreed to watch our live performance today in one of the biggest broadcasting company in South Korea. So here I am working myself with a lot of energy, I wanted her to see my every move and notice no one but me.

 

                “Yah, Taemin.” Onew hyung shouted across the dance floor, calling my attention. “What’s with all the energy?”

 

                I stopped in the middle of our song and turned to face him. “I just wanted to perfect my moves, hyung.”

 

                “It’s already perfect.” he frowned.

 

                “I know.” I agreed, plopping down on the hard floor, my sweat dripping.

 

                “He’s giving his all because Tae Hee will be there tomorrow for our performance.” Minho hyung announced.

 

                Onew hyung’s face brightened at the information. “Arasso.”

 

                “Show off.” Jonghyun hyung teased.

 

                “Wae? Aren’t you going to impress the girl you love if you’re in my position?” I protested.

 

                “Of course we would.” Key hyung said.

 

                “Then why are you grilling me?” I pouted.

 

                “You have to save your energy or there wouldn’t be anymore left for our performance tomorrow.” Key hyung started lecturing me.

                “I won’t run out of energy because I’ll do it for the fans and of course Tae Hee noona.” I argued, smiling.

 

                “I thought you’d say that.” Jonghyun hyung said slapping me in the back.

 

                “Every person in love does.” Minho hyung said shaking his head.

 

                I ignored them, they’re just teasing me and besides Tae Hee noona is really one of my inspirations. Tomorrow, I’ll show her that I’m not a kid anymore and I can impress her just like I did three years ago.

 

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

               

                The excitement in SHINee’s private room is electric. I stood in the corner while Key and Minho were getting their make-up and hair done. I am currently waiting for Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew to finished dressing up. Their excitement is understandable since there were many fans that came to watch them live. I’m excited too because this will be the first time I will see Taemin dance as a member of a group.

 

                Taemin loves to dance, I remember his parents buying him his own music player so he can practice and he’ll show me his moves every time I get back from school. It was his happiness next to banana milk.

 

                “Noona…” I heard a voice said behind me.

 

                I turned around and gave Taemin a smile. “Do the clothes fit?”

 

                “Neh.” he nodded and I stepped towards him to fix the jacket. “How do I look?”

 

                “You look great.” I beamed at him and he looks satisfied.

 

                “I’m going to give it my best.” he announced. “You’ll watch me, right?”

 

                I think I heard a little nervousness in his voice but I smiled. “Of course. That’s why I’m here.”

                “Arasso.” Taemin smiled.

 

                I let him go so he can have his hair fixed and I turned to Jonghyun who’s busy with his pants.

 

                “Do you feel comfortable?” I asked. “Or are the pants to tight?”

 

                He looked up. “Aniyo…it feels okay.”

 

                “He always fidgets with his pants.” Minho told me and I nodded.

 

                “Here let me help you.” I told Onew and I helped him zipper his jacket.

 

                One of the PD assistants peeked inside of the room and told them that they will be performing in ten minutes. I gave way as they made final preparations and after giving Taemin an encouraging smile, I stepped put to take my place outside.

 

                They performed Lucifer and Hello and even though I don’t dance, I was completely amaze at how synchronize and sharp their moves was. Key has a great voice and Taemin…well Taemin, he stunned me. I can see that he gave his everything and I’m blown away by his ability to dance. He’s worth calling The Dance Machine because he looks graceful as he moves around the dance floor.

 

                I’m so proud of him.

 

                They retreated back to their dorm when the performance was over and I followed them inside.

 

                “The fans were great.” I heard Minho said.

 

                “Yeah, the fan chant blew me away.” Jonghyun agreed.

 

                “Noona!” Taemin beamed when he saw me.

 

                “Chukkahae!” I laughed. “You’ve done so well.”

 

                “Jinjja?” he asked excitedly. “Did you like it?”

 

                I shook my head. “I loved it.”

 

                I saw him stand up a little straighter and I know that my answer pleased him. He’s so easy to please and that’s one of the reasons why he’s special.

 

                “I’ll treat you today because you did well.” I told him.

 

                “What will be my reward?” he asked.

 

                I thought for a minute. “How about lots of Banana milk?”

 

                “Deal.” he agreed quickly.

 

                We walked around the park sitting our banana milk and it’s such a great day. I am in the mood and I have completely forgotten about the incidents in the past few days. I’m trying to learn to have a peaceful time whenever I’m with Taemin.

 

                “Am I forgiven now?” he asks quietly.

 

                I looked up at him. “Hmmm?”

 

                “For stepping out of the line last time.” Taemin replied. “I shouldn’t have reacted that way.”

 

                “I’ve forgotten about that.” I answered carefully. “But I hope next time you won’t disrespect your hyungs just because of me. They think good things about you, so don’t forget that.”

 

                “I know.” he nodded. “I’m sorry.”

 

                “It’s fine.” I smiled. “I’m not that mad.”

 

                “But your disappointed.” he pointed out.

 

                I shrugged not trying to lie and deny that I’m not. “It’s alright now.”

 

                “Gumawo.” he mumbled.

 

                “Wae?” I asked.

 

                “Because you didn’t run off.” he answered.

 

                I ruffled his hair as best as I could. “I’m not going away without telling you.”

 

                Taemin looked up and eyed me warily. “Jeongmal?”

 

                “I promise.” I smiled.

 

                It’s the least I can do for all the things you’ve done for me, I thought.