I Am Offered A Job

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

          I had so much fun yesterday with Taemin even though he has to leave early because of his other commitments. I roamed around Seoul and I completely forgot about going back the clothing store Kpopper. I admit that it feels good to be back here and no matter how much I want to avoid this place there will always be the feeling of home. There were just too many places I want to go to again but I just don’t have the time.

 

          I was busy drinking my coffee and watching the news when I remembered that I have to continue drafting the summer clothes for my clothing line. I went down to my studio and sat in front of my drafting table already littered by sketches and other papers. I looked out of the window to look for inspiration but nothing came up, I can feel myself wanting to have another day for a break.

 

          My phone rang and I frowned at the unfamiliar tune. I remember Taemin changing my ring tone with one of his group’s own song entitled Lucifer, so that I’ll remember him. I checked the caller ID and I saw that it was Maria who was calling.

 

          “Yoboseyeo?” I answered.

 

          “Hi, Tae Hee.” said Maria’s voice. “How are you?”

 

          “I’m fine.” I replied. “I’m trying to start drafting the summer clothes for my clothing line.”

 

               “That’s great but I have something to tell you.” she said happily.

 

                “What is it?” I asked.

 

                   “I have found you a job!” she squealed.

 

                    “Mourago?” I asked surprised. “A job?”

 

                      “Neh, you said you’ll work while you’re there right?” she asked.

 

                      “Neh, but that was just a temporary decision.” I answered.

 

                   I heard Jiwon’s voice on the background as Maria answered. “Oh c’mon this will be fun, I promise.”

 

                  “Shouldn’t you be busy with your honeymoon rather than finding jobs for me?” I laughed.

 

                      “I want you to be occupied while you’re there.” she answered and I sighed.

 

                       “Okay what job is it?” I asked.

 

                      I heard a shuffling of paper. “You will know later. Get dressed for the interview.”

 

                        “Interview?!” I demanded.

 

                        “Neh, that will be at ten am today.” she said.

 

                       “Mou?” I asked. “I just woke up.”

 

                “So get ready now.” she laughed. “Get a pen and paper I’ll tell you the address.”

         

                    I grabbed for a pen and paper as Maria dictated the address. I sighed when I put down the phone. “Aigoo~ why do I always do what she says?”

 

                   I checked my watch, it is already nine am. I went upstairs and get ready, making a mental note of scolding Maria for doing this to me. By nine thirty I am already on my way to the address Maria have given me. I drive carefully and parked the car in front of a magnificent building. I got out of the car and looked upwards.

 

              ‘SM Entertainment’, it says. It must be twenty four storeys tall and I went inside before I get noticed for loitering outside. I approached the lady in a blue dress who must be the building receptionist.

 

                  “Annyeong.” I greeted her.

 

                  “Annyeong, how may I help you ma’am?” the lady asked.

 

           “I am looking for the president of the building.” I answered. “I have an appointment with him.”

 

                  The lady checked the computer. “Kim Tae Hee? Here for a job interview?”

 

                   “Neh, that’s me.” I nodded.

 

                   “He’s up to the top floor ma’am.” she smiled.

 

                   “Kamsahamnida.” I said and went for the elevator.

 

                 The elevator has a weird sound system because of the music that was coming out. I have a feeling that the music being played was the songs of the groups the entertainment is holding. I arrived at the top floor and I saw another girl in a blue dress who must have been the president’s secretary.

 

                 “This way ma’am.” the lady said ushering me towards a big conference room with a large oval table in the middle with so many chairs around it. “The president will be with you shortly.”

 

                    I sat on a chair and thanked her. I felt anxious, I don’t like the feeling of not knowing what to expect. I don’t even know what position I am applying for, Maria didn’t tell me. After a few minutes of waiting the huge door opened and a man who must be on his early thirties went inside.

 

                    “Annyeong.” he greeted me.

 

                   “Annyeong.” I smiled bowing a little.

 

                 “Please sit down Miss Kim.” he gestured towards the chair before sitting down himself.

 

                 “Call me Tae Hee, sir.” I smiled sitting down.

 

                 “So you’re here to apply as a fashion consultant?” he began.

 

                 I racked my brain. “Er, yes sir.”

 

                “They call me president here.” he laughed kindly. “I don’t know why they don’t call me by my name.”

 

                  I smiled. “I’ll call you president then.”

 

                “I heard you were a great fashion designer in Japan.” he said approvingly. I blushed but didn’t say anything.

 

                  “I am sure you will be a great help for us.” he continued. “We really need a fashion consultant and maybe you can even design the clothes for my artists.”

 

                    “That will be great sir.” I replied.

 

                “Don’t worry you can still work with whatever project you want.” he explained. “The job wouldn’t require all your time. I learned that you are working on a clothing line?”

 

                “Neh, I’m already starting it.” I smiled.

 

                “Well without further ado you’re hired.” he laughed. “That is if you accept.”

                                                                                                                  

               I took a deep breath. “I accept sir.”

         

             He handed me a paper and pen. I looked down and read the contract carefully and I found that I am in great advantage like the president said. I signed the paper and shook his hand.

 

              “Now, you will be working mostly on three groups.” the president explained. “That will be SNSD…”

                  “They’re the girl group with nine members, right?” I asked remembering.

 

                  “Neh.” the president smiled. “And SHINee.”

 

                  I gasped. “Jeongmal?”

 

                  “Neh, why?” the president frowned.   

 

                   “It’s just that one of the members is my friend.” I laughed.

 

                    “Really? Who?” the president asked curiously.

 

                    “Lee Taemin.” I answered.

 

                    “Oh the dance machine.” he laughed.

 

                     “Dance machine?” I asked.

 

                       “Neh, that boy really dance so good.” the president nodded.

 

                    I laughed, Taemin really likes dancing even back when he was in high school. I smiled as I remember him. I know he will be happy to know that we will be working with each other. This wasn’t so bad after all. I thought.

 

              “Oh, there’s another group you will be working with.” the president said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Super Junior.”

 

                      I frowned. “Super Junior?”

 

                 “Neh, they were my most successful boy group so far.” the president explained.

 

                   “Oh right.” I answered, trying to remember where I heard that name.

 

                 “I actually have a meeting with them right now.” the president said. “Would you like to me them now?”

 

                   I smiled but I can feel myself getting nervous. “Sure, why not?”

 

                   “I will call my secretary.” he excused himself.

 

                  I am still trying to remember where I heard their name before but I couldn’t put a finger on it. My heart kept thumping very fast and I thought that it’s just because I don’t know them. The door opened again and the president came back inside.

 

                 “They’re on their way.” the president smiled.

 

                   “How many are they?” I asked.

 

                  “Thirteen.” the president replied and the image of the Kpopper store flashed into my mind.

 

                    Could they be the group I failed to look at that store? I thought.

 

                  The door opened and one by one the handsome boys of Super Junior went inside. They were looking curiously at me as I stand up to greet them.

 

                   “This is Kim Tae Hee and she will be working with you as well as with SNSD and SHINee.” the president said.

 

                    “Annyeong.” I greeted them.

 

                     “Annyeong.” they greeted in chorus.

 

                    “She’s the fashion consultant the president is saying.” I heard the boy on my left whisper.

 

                      “Shut up Yesung, she can hear you.” the other boy said.

 

                      “This is Park Jung-soo, the group leader.” the president introduced him.

 

                      “Call me Leeteuk.” the man smiled after shaking my hand.

         

                  I was busy looking at them all and counting them. There were still two missing. I was wondering where they are when the president speak again.

 

                       “Where are Sungmin and Kyuhyun?” the president demanded.

         

                      My right hand slipped from the table when I heard that name. “Kyu…hyun?”

 

                    “Neh.” Leeteuk answered. “He’s our maknae.”

 

                     “Evil maknae.” Yesung corrected.

 

                      “Here they are.” Leeteuk announced.

 

                    The two boys went inside. The first boy is handsome but he wasn’t the one I am looking at. It was this boy wearing a black shirt with a familiar smirk that I am looking at.

 

                     “Mianhe.” Kyuhyun bowed a little. “We didn’t mean to be late.”

 

                     “Aish~ Kyuhyun what were you doing?” Yesung asked.

 

                       “Nothing hyung.” Kyuhuhn replied.

 

                     I was busy staring at him, stunned. I can feel my heart pumping fast like it’s ready to burst and I don’t know what to do.

 

                     “I want you to meet Tae Hee, she will be working with us from now on.” the president said. “Show her respect.”

 

                       “Annyeong.” Sungmin said but I just stared.

 

                     That’s when Kyuhyun finally looked at me, his eyes widened with surprise too. “Ann…yeong.”