In the Church

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

             The preparations for the wedding started the moment Kyuhyun was discharged from the hospital. Our first stop was to tell the SME president, he congratulated us and gave us his blessings. I also called and told Yoona. I have been worried about telling her because I know that deep down she still have some feelings for Kyuhyun and I don’t want to hurt her out of my own happiness.

 

             “It’s about time!” she laughed over the phone.

 

             “You’re not…mad?” I asked tentatively.

 

             “What are you talking about unnie?” Yoona asked. “I’m only going to be mad at you if I will not offer me to be your bride’s maid!”

 

             I smiled then and the nervousness I have was lifted. “You better come here so you can choose your gown!”

 

             “And unnie?” she asked quietly.

 

             “Neh?” I asked.

 

             “I’m genuinely happy for you.” she finished.

 

             “Thank you.” I murmured gratefully.

 

 

             Two days later Kyuhyun and I were on his car driving towards my parent’s house. We were going to announce the big news. My parents greeted us in the front door wearing a serious expression and I was afraid they wouldn’t agree with the wedding.

 

             Kyuhyun surprised me by bowing ninety degrees in front of them and said. “Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Kim, Mr. Kim.”

 

             “Come inside.” my father said gruffly.

             When we were in the living room my father refused to let me sit on Kyuhyun’s side and we didn’t argue. Kyuhyun is now sitting beside my big brother.

 

             “Tae Hee and I are planning to get married.” Kyuhyun announced.

 

             My father looked him up and down. “I will not give my daughter’s hand to you again.”

 

             I bit my lip. I knew this is not going to turn out well.

 

             Kyuhyun nodded. “I know how you felt towards me sir and I respect that you’re angry with me but I’m afraid that I can’t stay away from your daughter. I will have to marry her with or without your permission.”

 

             I gasp. That was a bold thing to say, my father could have smacked him right then and there but my father just laughed.

 

             “You have some nerve boy.” my father laughed again and my brother patted Kyuhyun in the back.

 

             “Umma, stop them.” I whispered to my mom.

 

             “Don’t worry.” she winked at me.

 

             “If you ever hurt my little girl again I will hunt you down and bury you to the ground.” my father said pleasantly.

 

             Kyuhyun nodded solemnly and then my father extended his hands to him. They shook ands like none of this ever happens.

 

             Back in the car I am still frowning at the thought of how we managed to handle that easily. Kyuhyun is holding my hand as he focused on the road.

 

             “I can’t believe appa threatened you like that.” I pouted.

 

             “It’s normal.” Kyuhyun smiled. “But it’s okay now.”

 

             “We’re really getting married aren’t we?” I asked slowly.

 

             Kyuhyun looked at me. “Yes, no matter what they say.”

             I nodded completely satisfied.

 

             We went to the house of Kyuhyun’s parents and they greeted us warmly. Ahra is really excited when she saw the ring on my finger.

 

             “Kya~!!” she squealed. “It’s good to know that my brother’s brain is still working.”

 

             Kyuhyun winced but let it go.

 

             I smiled at her. “I’m glad too.”

 

             “Oh, my beautiful daughter-in-law.” Cho umma smiled cupping my face. “I know you’re the one for my son.”

 

             I blushed and thanked her.

 

 

             “Where are we going?” I asked when we were back to Kyuhyun’s car.

 

             Kyuhyun patted my hand. “There’s still one place we should visit.”

 

             I racked my brain and think where he might take but come up with none so I decided to play along. It turns out we were going to a church.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                I saw her start to hyperventilate when we entered the church. This is the same church we were suppose to be wed. I watch her look around and take her surroundings. The church is dark and illuminated only by the candles lit open.

 

                I held her shaking hand as we walked down the aisle. Looking at her I truly saw that she’s afraid and she’s still reliving the past but I will change that now.

 

                “Do you know why we’re here?” I asked.

 

                She shook her head silently.

 

                “We’re here because I want to promise you something.” I murmured as we reached the altar.

 

                I knelt down in front of her. “I, Cho Kyuhyun, promise not to run away again. I promise not to feel scared again. I promise to meet you in the altar.”

 

                Her tears fell and she pulled me up. Tae Hee hugged me really tight.

 

                “I promise to be the most beautiful bride for you.” she laughed through her tears.

 

                “There’s no need to promise that.” I smiled. “I already know that you will be.”