A Lie I Cannot Take Back

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

                “Lee Taemin…?” Kyuhyun asked dumbfounded.

 

                He was staring at me looking for signs that I am lying but I made myself look into his eyes.

 

                “Neh.” I answered.

 

                “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Kyuhyun said.

 

                Taemin appeared on my side then and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “What do you mean by that, hyung?”

 

                Kyuhyun looked at Taemin, clearly surprised that he’s here. “What are you doing here?”

 

                I shot Taemin a grateful look that he gets easily why I am doing this.

 

                “I think I have every right to be here hyung.” Taemin said. “Since it’s my girlfriend’s house.”

 

                Kyuhyun ignored him and looked directly at me. “What’s with the lies?”

 

                “I’m not lying.” I said trying to sound hurt.

 

                “I think you should go hyung.” Taemin said with a hint of impatience. “Does Yoona noona knows you’re here?”

 

                I froze when Taemin said those words.

 

                Kyuhyun glared at him and I know he’s losing his patience. Even back when Kyuhyun and I are together, I know that Kyuhyun and Taemin are just being polite with each other because of me. They hate each other for some reason.

 

                “Oppa.” I tried to smile at Kyuhyun. “I think you should go back to your dorm.”

 

                He didn’t respond but instead he just gave me a last searching look and then walked away. He pulled out of my driveway and by the speed of his car; I know he’s really furious.

 

                Why would he be? Is he the only one entitled to have a relationship?

 

                I sighed.

 

                Taemin touched my arm and I almost jumped in surprise. I forgot that he’s still here.

 

                “I thought you have to help Key?” I asked.

 

                “Er…I saw his car and I went back.” he said a little embarrassed. “Is he giving you a hard time, noona?”

 

                I couldn’t think properly right now let alone talk about it, so instead of answering his question, I shook my head.

 

                “Can we just talk about this later, Taeminnie?” I asked. “I need to be…alone.”

 

                “But…noona.” he protested.

 

                “Jebal?” I pleaded.

 

                “Arasso.” he conceded. “But promise me we’ll talk about this?”

 

                I nodded. “Neh.”

 

                “I’ll go then.” he said walking towards the door.

 

                I watched him go and dropped myself in a nearby chair.

 

                What did I just do?

 

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                I drove furiously into the road. I was gripping the stirring wheel so tightly that I can see my knuckles go white.

 

                Taemin? Lee Taemin?? Seriuosly?!

 

                I scowled at the road.

 

                How could it be Tae Hee and Taemin? As far as I know, Taemin is just a little brother to Tae Hee. It’s always been like that, even back when Tae Hee and I am a couple. She loves him as a brother and now she’s telling me that Lee Taemin is her boyfriend.

 

                It’s got to be a lie.

 

                My phoned beeped and I received a message from Sungmin.

 

                Meet me at Seoul Café. –Minnie

 

                I threw my phone at the back of my car. I don’t have time for coffee right now. I continued to drive ahead. I thought about Sungmin, he’s going to be pissed off if I ditched him.

 

                But I’m pissed off right now. That will make the two of us.

 

                I sighed. Turned my car around and head for Seoul Café.

 

                I entered the café and was greeted by the crew. The café was owned by Sungmin’s best friend back in high school. We hangout here often, that all the staffs were familiar to me. This is where we hide ourselves to play starcraft without being interrupted.

 

                I went at the back of the coffee shop where only the staffs were allowed. I let myself inside the little office and found Sungmin drinking coffee.

 

                “What is it?” I asked as soon as Sungmin see me.

 

                Sungmin frowned. “What’s up with you?”

 

                “Nothing.” I lied. “Why did you want me here?”

                “I just want to hang out.” Sungmin smiled.

 

                I rolled my eyes and went to the door. “I’m leaving.”

 

                Something soft hit me at the back of my head. “YAH!!”

 

                I turned around and glared at Sungmin. “Yah, what was that for?”

 

                “Why are you acting like a crazy person?” Sungmin asked.

 

                “I’m not in the mood Sungmin.” I replied.

 

                He knows that I’m really not in the mood by the way I used his name and not Minnie, like I always do.

 

                “Who ruined your mood?” he asked, unfazed by my reaction.

 

                “No one.” I shrugged.

 

                “Lies, lies, lies.” he sings.

 

                In the end Sungmin won me over and I stayed. I’d rather be pissed off in front of him rather than risk being seen by my fans in a bad mood.

 

                “What happened?” Sungmin asked for the tenth time.

 

                “Nothing.” I lied.

 

                “Is it because of the beautiful lady?” he asked.

 

                I raised my eyebrow and sipped my coffee. I didn’t have a clue of what he’s talking about.

 

                “You know…that Tae Hee girl.” he said casually.

 

                I choked on my coffee. “M-mou?”

 

                How did Sungmin know?

 

                Sungmin slapped the table once and pointed at me. “I knew it!!”

 

                I looked away. “What are you talking about? I don’t even know her.”

 

                He kicked me under the table. “Liar.”

 

                “Yah!” I glared at him. “You’re so violent.”

 

                “So, what’s with you and Tae Hee?” Sungmin wanted to know.

 

                “Nothing. I just met the girl.” Now I’m the one who’s lying.

 

                Sungmin wiggled a finger at me. “Kyuhyun you, of all people, should know that you can’t lie to me.”

 

                I sighed. That’s true Sungmin is one of my longest friends right after Tae Hee and I broke up. We’re like brothers and he’s always able to tell when I’m lying. Should I tell him the truth?

 

                “Minnie…” I began and he smiled waiting for me to talk. “Can I have more sugar?”

 

                He threw a sugar cube towards me. “Yah!”

 

                I sighed defeated. “Tae Hee told me that Taemin is her boyfriend.”

 

                “So?” Sungmin asked.

 

                I glared at him. “Tae Hee loves her as a brother. I’m not stupid to believe that what she’s saying is true.”

 

                “How would you know?” he asked. “I thought you just met her.”

 

                “I should know.” I answered looking away. “Tae Hee’s my ex-fiancée.”

 

                It was his turn to choke on his coffee. “Mou?!”

 

                “You wanted to know the truth, right?” I smirked.

 

                “You’re engaged before?” he asked wide eyed.

 

                “Neh, wae?” I asked.

 

                “When?” he asked.

 

                “Before I became an idol.” I answered.

 

                He sighed with relief. “Arasso, I would kill you if you’re engaged and never told me.”

 

                “It was three years ago.” I said.

 

                “So you know Taemin that long too?” he asked and I nodded.

 

                “Why are you so angry now?” he asked, a smile playing on his lips.

 

                “Aren’t you listening?” I asked exasperatedly. “Tae Hee and Taemin were just like siblings. And now she’s telling me that they’re together, she’s been avoiding me ever since.”

 

                Sungmin smiled hugely. “What’s that got to do with you?”

 

                “Mou?” I asked.

 

                “She’s your ex and you have a girlfriend.” Sungmin pointed out. “Why are you so angry about it? Are you jealous Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

                I stared at him my mind going blank.

 

                Me? Jealous?

 

                He smiled at me. He definitely hit a nerve.

 

                I looked away. “You’re crazy.”

 

                “No Kyuhyun.” he said shaking his head. “I’m stating a fact.”

 

                And then he left me there.

 

                Why am I angry? Wae?

 

 

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

                Aaaaaagghhhh! What did I just do?

 

                I made a huge lie and now I’m going to be stuck. How will I tell amend the things I have said?

 

                “Aigoo~” I sighed. I should apologize to Taemin for getting him in to this mess.

 

                How can I take it back? Kyuhyun will definitely be suspicious he if he knows that I just lied, besides I don’t think he believes me.

 

                I decided that I shouldn’t make things more complicated. I’ll talk to Taemin and apologize. I need to end the lie before it spreads.

 

                I called Taemin and told him that we should talk tomorrow.

 

                I had my plan but I don’t think I could take it back that easily.