I Give it Back

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

                       Exhausted, I climb in my bed early that night. Kyuhyun insisted that I get some sleep and I agreed because I know he needs some space. I need sometime to think too and to recover from stress.

 

                        I hugged Momo while I sleep, allowing him to sleep on my bed even though he likes gnawing my pillows. Tonight he behaved; maybe he can feel that I needed comfort.

 

                        Tomorrow morning I started my day with a bowl of cereals seeking a sign of normality in my life. I tried to relax and read a book but my mind kept drifting off with my last conversation with Kyuhyun. He’s been sad and he refuses to talk about the subject.

 

                        If only life wasn’t this complicated, I’ll be luckiest girl on earth.

 

                        There was a doorbell and I frowned. I’m not expecting anyone today.

 

                        “Annyeong.” I greeted Yoona as she stood on my porch.

 

                        She smiled. “Unnie, may I come in?”

 

                        “Sure.” I smiled. “I’m having cereals for breakfast, want some?”

 

                        “Absolutely!” she beamed.

 

                        I poured her a bowl as she pet Momo. “Don’t have any schedule today?”

 

                        “I came from the hospital.” she said biting her lips. “To visit Kyuhyun oppa.”

 

                        “Jinjja?” I smiled. “He’s been looking for you.”

 

                        Yoona looked at me thoughtfully. “I missed him and I was worried.”

 

                        “He missed you too.” I confirmed and I was puzzled by the look she gave me. “Wae?”

 

                        “I just thought…” she trailed off. “Nevermind.”

 

                        “It’s a nice morning; do you want to go out?” I asked.

 

                        “Aren’t you going back to the hospital?” she asked.

 

                        I shook my head. “I don’t think he wants to see me right now.”

 

                        “Huh?” she frowned. “Wae? Did you have a fight?”

 

                        “Aniyo.” I smiled. “He just…needs some space I guess.”

 

                        “Oh.” she mumbled.

 

                        The doorbell rang again and I groaned. I have so many visitors today. I opened the front door and saw Taemin.

 

                        “Taemin?” I asked surprised. He was holding a bunch of flowers.

 

                        “Annyeong noona.” he smiled and kissed my cheek. “I miss you.”

 

                        I let him enter and he saw Yoona in the kitchen.

 

                        “Oh, annyeong noona.” Taemin waved completely surprised.

 

                        “Hi.” Yoona smiled and then turned to me awkwardly. “I better go.”

 

                        I walked her to the front door and when I cam back I saw Taemin in the living room messing with my DVD player.

 

                        “Noona.” he shouted over his shoulder. “I figure we could watch some movie today.”

 

                        “Oh.” I said blankly.

 

                        He pulled me beside him as the movie started to play. “I like this movie.”

 

                        Taemin put and arm around me and I consciously remove it. “I’ll make you some popcorn.”

 

                        Taemin gripped my hand. “No it’s alright I’m not hungry.”

 

                        He was smiling but there’s seriousness in his eyes and his grip really hurts. I nodded and he let go of me. He’s definitely acting weird. He’s laughing overly and he would sometimes hold my hand and won’t let go.

 

                        “Taemin…” I said interrupting him.

 

                        “This is the fun part noona.” Taemin said ignoring me completely.

 

                        I tugged at his arm. “Taemin we need to talk.”

 

                        He pointed at the screen. “I think that wedding gown will look good on you noona. Maybe you can wear that someday when we get married.”

 

                        “I can’t marry you.” I blurted out suddenly.

 

                        A moment passed before Taemin finally looked at me. “M-mou?”

 

                        He was looking at me with anger dangerously flashing in his eyes. I’ve never been scared of Taemin before but I do now.

 

                        “Wae?!” he demanded.

 

                        I just shook my head and looked at him.

 

                        “Is it because of Cho Kyuhyun?” he shouted again.

 

                        “Taemin calm down!” I said alarmed.

 

                        “Wae?” Taemin said standing up. “Am I so little to you that you don’t notice my love or is your love so fixed to him that you wouldn’t even consider mine?”

 

                        “Taemin it’s not like that.” I said taking a step towards him but he backed away.

 

                        “Then what?” he snapped.

                        “I love you but I can’t love you more than just a friend.” I mumbled on the verge of tears.

 

                        I took off his promise ring and gave it to him. He clenched it on his fist and glared at me angrily.

 

                        “I lied for you. I changed for you. I cried for you. I hurt for you.” he said pointing at me. “But in the end you still think that he’s the one for you.”

 

                        “Taemin please don’t be like this.” I pleaded.

 

                        “I hate you!” he shouted and slammed the front door shut.