Hyung Back Off!

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

Taemin’s POV:

 

 

                I can easily tell that noona is upset, the way she doesn’t seem to hear and pay attention to half of what I am saying and by the fact that she was just staring at passing cars without really talking. We were at the balcony of her house, looking at the street down below while eating a late snack. Well, at least I am eating.

 

                I surprised her today by coming by after practice but I know that something is wrong the moment she opened the door for me. I can sense that she wanted to be alone but still she didn’t ask me to go home but let me in with a smile. I am grateful for that.

 

                Her family was like my own family and in the years that I grew up with her I have learned to love her. She doesn’t know a single thing about it up until a month ago. I am proud to say that next to her family I am one of those who know lots about her. That’s why I know something have upset her today.

 

                I nudge her softy. “Noona… did you hear what I just said?”

 

                She looked at me with an absentminded expression and I know I am right, she’s not paying attention. “Yeah, you’re talking about your performance yesterday.”

 

                I sighed. “Ani… I am talking about the time Onew hyung was angry at him for eating his chicken.”

 

                “Oh.” she mumbled blinking.

 

                “You’re in neverland again.” I pointed out lightly.

 

                She gave me an apologetic smile. “Mianheyo Taeminnie~ Noona was just thinking about something.”

 

                “You’re upset.” I stated.

 

                “I’m fine.” she countered.

 

                She’s lying and I wouldn’t let the topic go until she tells me. I asked and asked until she finally mumbled something about accidentally meeting Kyuhyun hyung in a restaurant today.

 

                I scowled at nowhere. I know this is about him again.

 

                “Is he still bothering you noona?” I asked her after a while.

               

                “Aniyo…it’s fine.” she said shaking her head. “I just bumped into him today that’s all.”

 

                There’s more to it than what she just told me. I know there is or she wouldn’t be upset like this. I would have to do something about it. I won’t tolerate Kyuhyun hyung just because he’s a few years older than me.

 

                When Tae Hee noona yawned I decided to say goodbye.

 

                She walked me to the door and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as I say my goodbye.

 

                “Mianheyo, I’ve been boring all night.” she said.

 

                I gave her my dazzling smile. “It’s fine. You have a lot on your mind.”

 

                “I’ll see you tomorrow at work okay?” she said ruffling my hair.

 

                “Arasso.” I laughed. “But you have to pay attention tomorrow.”

 

                “Neh.” she agreed. “Don’t stay up too late.”

 

                I walked down the road and checked my watch, it’s nearly nine pm. I walked myself to the street and hailed a taxi that will bring me back to the dorm.

 

                I can still catch him at this hour. I thought.

                My first destination when I arrived at the SME building was the dance studio where SM artist practice their dances. I know that the Super Junior hyungs will be using it today and that’s where I am headed.

 

                I can just barely hear the music coming from the dance room and I sat on the floor outside the room waiting for one particular person. When the music stopped, I know that the practice is over. I stood up, brush my pants for any sign of dirt and leaned on the wall.

 

                “Taemin!” Shindong hyung greeted me as he went out.

 

                “Annyeong.” I smiled at him. I always find Shindong hyung funny.

 

                Leeteuk hyung came out next with Heechul hyung and he patted me in the back. “What are you doing here? It’s late.”

 

                “Are you here to practice alone?” Donghae hyung asked curiously.

 

                “Aish~ you’ll be able to beat Eunhyuk in a show down if you persist like this.” Siwon hyung joked.

 

                I scratched my head. “Aniyo hyung, that’s not what I am here for.”

 

                “Why are you here then?” Leeteuk hyung asked again.

 

                I stood up straighter. “I’m here to talk with Kyuhyun hyung.”

 

                They looked at me a little puzzled but then Shindong hyung called the man I was looking for and Kyuhyun hyung emerged from the dance studio with Sungmin hyung in tow.

 

                “Yah maknae, Taemin said he wants to talk to you.” Shindong hyung said.

 

                “Waeyo?” Kyuhyun hyung asked uninterestedly.

 

                I gritted my teeth. He doesn’t take me seriously even back when he was together with Tae Hee noona. “Hyung, can we talk?”

 

                He just stared at me.

 

                “Is there something going on?” Heechul hyung asked.

 

                Neither of us answered until Sungmin hyung spoke.

 

                “I guess Taemin will accept Kyuhyun’s offer now.” Sungmin hyung said and even I was puzzled by his answer. I think he realized this so he continued. “The Star Craft tutorial I mean.”

 

                Siwon hyung laughed. “Oh right, we should leave you at it.”

 

                “Make it short Taemin.” Leeteuk hyung said. “Kyuhyun is tired too.”

 

                “Neh, hyung.” I nodded.

 

                I waited for them to disappear and then turned to Kyuhyun hyung. I frowned realizing that Sungmin hyung is still here.

 

                “What do you want to talk about?” Kyuhyun hyung asked.

 

                I looked at Sungmin hyung once and he flashed me a smile. “Whatever you want to say Taemin is fine. I won’t breathe a word about it.”

 

                Translation, Sungmin hyung already knows about the whole situation we are in that’s why it’s okay for him to be here. Great, I thought sullenly.

 

                I sighed and turn to Kyuhyun hyung. I want to get this over with. “Stay away from Tae Hee noona.”

 

                Sungmin hyung raised an eyebrow like as if he was surprised by my boldness but I ignored him. Instead I looked at Kyuhyun hyung straight in the eyes.

 

                “Mou?” he smirked.

 

                “Back off hyung.” I repeated. “Stay away from Tae Hee noona. You have nothing to do with her anymore.”

 

                “Do you really think I will take an order from you?” he challenged.

 

                “You and she are over.” I said bluntly and he gave me an evil glare.

 

                Sungmin hyung might have felt the tension because he piped up. “You two are being ridiculous. You shouldn’t fight.”

 

                “Maybe you should stay out of this Sungmin hyung.” I said gently but he gave me a look that plainly says he doesn’t appreciate my attitude.

 

                “Don’t forget who you’re talking to.” Kyuhyun hyung said coldly. “You should check you manners.”

 

                “I don’t know what happened today at the restaurant but I know Tae Hee noona is upset.” I told him unfazed. “I don’t want her upset like that again and don’t even try to deny it.”

 

                A look crossed over his face and I know that he knows what I am talking about. He didn’t show enough feelings as I expected, he just continued to look bored.

 

                “The thing that happened in the restaurant was between me and Tae Hee.” Kyuhyun said brushing past me. “You have nothing to do with it.”

 

                “She’s my girlfriend.” I snapped.

 

                “You’re her dongsaeng.” he said giving me a look.

 

                “You’re just bitter.” I shot back.

 

                Sungmin hyung put a hand on my chest. “Give it a rest Taemin. Kyuhyun is tired; you can talk about this tomorrow.”

 

                I ignored him and directed my next words to Kyuhyun hyung.

 

                “You had your chance and you left her.” I said angrily. “Now you want to be selfish and take her away from me again.”

 

                “I am not being selfish.” he said. “I can’t take her from you. She’s not yours.”

 

                I clenched my fist on his last words. She’s not yours.

 

                I stood there, burning with anger as Kyuhyun and Sungmin hyung retreat back to their dorm. I know Tae Hee noona is not mine, people can’t be owned but his words gave a different implication. It was clear that he meant the he doesn’t acknowledge my relationship with her.

 

                “You’ll see.” I murmured to myself. “She’ll love me too.”

 

                I went back to my dorm avoiding my hyungs as much as possible so that they won’t question me. For the first time I wanted to drink soju instead of banana milk to make myself feel better.