Another Ring

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                I twirled the ring in my palm over and over again, studying its beauty. I still have two days before they totally discharge me from the hospital and I can’t wait. Yesterday there were a bunch of gifts that arrived from my fans and I’m really touched by their concern.

 

                I couldn’t stay still though and there’s this nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach and I couldn’t quite understand why.

 

                “Is that for me?” Sungmin asked jokingly.

 

                I stared at the ring again. “Definitely not.”

 

                “You’re rude.” Sungmin pouted and laughed.

 

                “When will I see that little thing in Tae Hee’s finger?” he asked bluntly.

 

                “Mou?” I asked.

 

                “Mou?” he mimicked me. “There must be a reason why you keep looking at it.”

 

                Sometimes Minnie is just too perceptive.

 

                “I don’t know if she’ll wear it the second time.” I sighed.

 

                “Oh she will.” Sungmin said confidently.

 

                “What will you do threaten her to wear it?” I asked suspiciously.

 

                Sungmin shrugged. “If I have to.”

 

                “You’re hopeless.” I said but smiled despite of myself.

 

                I checked the ring while Sungmin flip the channel uninterestedly. “You need to be discharged soon so that we can play Star Craft. I miss beating you.”

 

                “In you dreams!” I smirked.

 

                He punched me lightly in the arm and resumed his hopeless flipping of channels.

 

                “I’m afraid she’ll run away from me if I ask her to marry me.” I frowned worriedly.

 

                “I’m sure she’ll freak out a little.” Sungmin said.

 

                “Get out!” I grumbled and he laughed.

 

                “Well, what do you want me to say?” he demanded.

 

                “Yeah, you’re right.” I agreed. “That’s why I’m afraid.”

 

                “Just do it.” he whispered and motioned at the door.

 

                I glanced up and saw Tae Hee. She hesitated at the door but I gave her a smile as I inconspicuously hide the ring again.

 

                “Hi.” I beamed.

 

                “Hi.” she smiled back at me.

 

                “Sungmin will be leaving now.” I declared.

 

                He shot me a look. “Gee thanks I’m so touched.”

 

                I held out my hand as Tae Hee sat on the chair beside my bed. “How are you?”

 

                “Fine.” she smiled but I noticed the weariness in her face.

 

                “Everything okay?” I asked again.

 

                She nodded and then mumbled. “I broke up with Taemin.”

                Silence passed and I searched for the right word to say. I won’t deny that I’m happy but looking at Tae Hee’s expression I know she’s sad and it didn’t end well.

 

                “I’m sorry.” I said lamely.

 

                “I’m sorry too.” she sighed before smiling at me.

 

                We talked for a few minutes and then she insisted that I take some sleep so that I’ll be fully healthy when I get out of the hospital. I agreed and pretended to sleep while she watches over me.

 

                After a few minutes she fell asleep too.

 

                I look at her beautiful place as she sleeps, her head resting on my bed. She held my hand and she murmured my name in her sleep.

 

                I smiled and her hand.

 

                I took out the ring again and thought for a very long time. My gaze drifted back to Tae Hee and slowly I slipped the ring on her finger.