I Don't Know Him

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

          I was in my apartment and I am currently eating my dinner. My laptop is opened and I am currently reading an article about SNSD too. I just finished reading the one for SHINee. I need to be well informed if I am working with them from now on. The president requested that I submit a portfolio for my concepts and I have a deadline of three days. It was a rush considering that I just came here but I understand the president for his competitiveness and time is really an issue to him.

 

          “A nine girl group…” I mumbled as I scan the page. “All beautiful…”

 

          The SNSD have graceful figures too, they were not built to run the runway though, but I am confident that they will carry the clothes I have for them with grace. As for SHINee, I made a concept that will make them even more fierce yet handsome than they already are. SNSD and SHINee…there’s only one group left.

 

          I typed the name on my search engine: Super Junior. They were a big group with thirteen members and everyone has a distinct personality that has to be emphasized without blocking the individual members. That will be an extreme challenge. It’s a good thing that I love challenges. I scanned every members profile and I was soon reading the one that I shouldn’t.

 

          Cho Kyuhyun.

 

          I scowled at my laptop and refused to read more about him. I cannot believe that I will have to meet him again this way. I mean with all the luck that I have, do I really have to work with him? Hopefully I will be busier with the other group because I don’t think I can stand being with him, even for three minutes. It was just too much.

 

          When I saw him back on SME building it was like nothing has changed. He was still the Cho Kyuhyun I first met. He looks mischievous with his ever knowing smirk. The worst thing is he talked to me like nothing happened and I cannot help but be angry. How could he even dare talk to me? Did he really think I have forgotten? And yes, I did pretend to not know him. I don’t have a choice. I am not yet ready for this.

 

          It hurts too much.

 

          Having no more appetite to eat, I put the dishes in the sink and washed it absentmindedly. I cannot turn my back on the job even though what I wanted to do is go back to Japan and hole myself there for the rest of my life.

 

          You’re such a weakling. I chastised myself.

 

          I admit I am not good in confronting situations and I tend to hide but I know that this time I cannot do anything like that and for the next three months. So if fate is being cruel to me well, bring it on, I will play with fate. This is where I made up my mind that no matter what happens. I, Kim Tae Hee, don’t know Cho Kyuhyun.

 

          Not now, not in my past life.

 

          Yeah, right.

 

          My other problem is that I tend to forget, especially when I am really in a bad mood so I don’t know if I can really sustain my front act of not knowing him. You just don’t ignore Cho Kyuhyun. I mean not with that looks and attitude, especially if he has been a big part of your life. Ignoring him would be like impossible but I have to try.

 

          Evil maknae. Just the right description

 

          “Aigoo~ what did I get myself into?” I said to myself as I went upstairs.

 

          My phone rang and I lazily answered it. “Yeoboseyeo?”

 

          “Noona, it’s me.” I heard Taemin’s voice.

 

          “Taemin.” I smiled at nowhere. “What’s up?”

 

          “Nothing much.” he replied. “Are you okay?”

 

          “Neh, wae?” I frowned.

 

          “I just thought you wouldn’t—“ he started to say but then he changed it. “I’m glad you are.”

 

          I let that go. “Are you still at work?”

 

          “Neh, I am with Onew hyung right now.” Taemin chuckled.

 

          “What’s so funny?” I asked.

 

          “They were all talking about you.” Taemin replied in between laughter.

 

          “I will bet that they were talking about if I am competitive enough, right?” I said playing with a pen.

 

          Taemin laughed. “You didn’t quite make an impression today, especially with Key and Onew hyung, dragging me away from them like that.”

 

          I frowned trying to remember who are Key and Onew. “Key is Kibum right, the diva one?”

 

          Taemin laughed lauder. “Neh.”

 

          I smiled. “And Onew is the guy who keeps bullying me.”

 

          “I am not a bully.” I heard Onew’s voice.      

 

          “How come Taemin know such a beautiful girl like you, noona?” I heard another voice.

 

          “Who’s that?” I asked.

 

          “That will be Minho hyung.” Taemin replied.

 

          I laugh. “I’ll explain another time. Okay Minho?”

 

          I heard them laugh over the other line and then Minho answered. “Arasso.”

 

          “Can I see you again tomorrow, noona?” Taemin asked.

 

          “I don’t know, Taeminnie.” I said thoughtfully.

 

          “Why not?” he whined.

 

          I heard my phone beep three times meaning that it was almost out of battery. I looked for a charger but there wasn’t any.

 

          “I’ll call you tomorrow, Taeminnie.” I said in a hurry. “My phone’s about to shut off. Bye.”

 

          “But—.” he protested but I already hang up.

 

          I looked around my room. “What now?”

 

          I decided to sleep it off tonight and start over tomorrow. My brain is currently full of Kyuhyun right now and our little talk earlier that I need to restart my brain. Oh yeah, I need to restart my feelings again because right now all I can feel is: anger, disappointment, sadness and exhaustion. It wasn’t a good combination so I need to get a cold shower.

 

          I grabbed a pair of pajamas in my wardrobe and I was about to get inside the bathroom when my phone rang again. The number is not on my phonebook so I cannot identify the caller. I picked it up just to be sure; it might be the president though I don’t think he will call me this late at night.

 

          “Yeoboseyeo?” I said answering the phone.

         

          There wasn’t a reply so I checked my phone if it’s still on.

         

          “Yeoboseyeo?” I repeated.

 

          “Tae Hee…” said a soft voice.

 

          “Mou?” I asked. “I can’t hear properly.”

 

          Beep, beep, beep. My phone shuts down.

 

          “Aish~ where’s that freaking charger?” I said looking everywhere. I found it in my drawer.

 

          I my phone again and waited for it to ring again but it didn’t. I shrugged and put the phone on my bed.

 

          “Who could that be?” I wonder.