Roses and Strawberries

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

          “Aigoo~” I smiled as I opened the blinds of my room. I took a look outside as the sun shines on my face. “What a beautiful day.”

 

          I dressed quickly and came down to my studio. This will be a great opportunity to draft the summer clothes for my clothing line, since I am such in a good mood. I have already completed the portfolio for my winter clothes and I have to start looking for a good way to endorse the first batch of clothes I made.

 

          Suffering on lack of inspiration, I took my music player and played it on full volume. I listen to mostly Japanese songs since I stayed there for a very long time. I seriously need to get in touch with the latest music of Korea but I’m afraid that I will fail with that.

 

          After finishing three drafts of clothes, I took a break and cooked some ramyun for lunch. I the television and I had fun watching the performances in Inkigayo. I got some inspirations for the performance clothes as I watch different groups.

 

          It was past one o’clock when the doorbell rang.

 

          I hurried to the front door and answered it. There are so many red things blocking my way when I opened the front door. The fragrance of roses hit me and I smiled, in front of me were a bunch of red roses. I couldn’t see the delivery boy though.

 

          I cleared my throat. “Er…annyeong, ahjussi.”

 

          I heard a pleasant laugh and it didn’t sound like an ahjussi at all. I took the red roses to see who’s behind and I found Taemin laughing his head off.

 

          I slapped him in the arm. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?”

 

          “Noona.” Taemin said wiping the tears from his eyes, he’s laughing so hard. “I’m not an ahjussi.”

 

          “How would I know?” I pouted. “The roses are blocking you.”

 

          “Ahjussi.” he laughed as he imitated me.

 

          “Stop it!” I laughed and let him inside.

 

          “Whoa!” he stopped as he saw my studio. “Noona! Is this where you make our clothes?”

 

          “This is where I design them.” I answered as I put the roses in a clear vase.

 

          “This is so cool.” Taemin smiled as he rifled through my sketchpad. I saw him blush and closed the sketchpad.

 

          I laughed. “Why are you blushing like that?”

 

          “Nothing.” he said evasively.

 

          I looked at the sketchpad and laughed. He saw the part where I am sketching the girl undergarments.

 

          “Taeminnie.” I said patting his cheek. “You shouldn’t have seen that!”

 

          He blushed and pouted. “It’s not my fault.”

 

          “Why are you here anyway?” I asked keeping my things. “Don’t you have a schedule today?”

 

          He shook his head. “There’s nothing to do today. I decided to visit you so I can see your house.”

 

          “What’s the verdict?” I teased.

 

          “It’s cute.” he replied. “Small, like you.”

 

          I glared at him. “Yah! Just because you’re taller than me means I’m small.”

 

          Taemin laughed. “I was just saying, noona.”

 

          “Gumawo.” I said offering him banana milk. “For the flowers, I mean.”

 

          “Banana milk!!” he said, eyes going round.

 

          “You’re so crazy about banana milk.” I said rolling my eyes.

 

          “This is my best friend.” he said solemnly and I pretend to get hurt.

 

          “I thought I was you’re best friend?” I asked.

 

          He hesitated for a moment like he wants to say something but then he said. “Well, maybe you’re something else to me.”

 

          That gives me a double take. “Mou?”

 

          “I should go!” Taemin said suddenly. “Pai pai, noona.”

 

          I followed him to the door. “But you just got here.”

 

          “I forgot, Key hyung needs me at the dorm.” He said.

 

          I watched him walk away and I sighed. “That kid…he’s hiding something.”

 

 

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

          I walked away from noona’s house as quickly as possible before she asks me so many questions. I almost slipped and told her I like her. That was a little stupid at my part. It wasn’t time yet. She shouldn’t know. I’m not yet ready. I’m afraid she’ll just bolt away from me and that will be…sad.

 

          I should be more careful around her.

 

          I sipped my banana milk and walked absentmindedly. There weren’t many people outside and I guess they were all inside their house resting comfortably or busy at the mall.

 

          “It’s just me and my banana milk…” I sing under my breath.

 

          I stopped when I passed a music store. “Oh!”

 

          There was a big banner of SHINee outside and I looked at the window to see if there are people inside. There is couple of people inside but I think I can risk getting seen.

 

          I walked towards the door and I saw a little girl looking at me. I waves at her and she runs to her mother saying. “I saw Taemin of SHINee, umma!”

 

          Her mother walked her away saying. “Of course, you do.”

 

          I pouted. I don’t think her mother believes her.

 

          I went inside the store and looked at the album releases. I just went inside when I saw a familiar car pass the store.

 

          “Kyuhyun…hyung?” I said peering outside.

 

          I have a bad feeling about this.

 

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

          I was busy trying on the clothes I designed for myself when my doorbell rang again. I hurried down the stairs and opened the door.

 

          “Taemin…I.” I stopped when I saw who’s outside. “Kyuhyun…?”

 

          He smiled at me and that made me lose my balance. He caught me by the arm and steadied me without effort.

 

          “Annyeong.” he waved at me.

 

          “Kyuhyun oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked.

 

          Kyuhyun waved a finger at me. “Aren’t you going to let me inside first?”

 

          “Eh?” I stared.

 

          Kyuhyun shrugged at let himself inside. “Wow. So this is where you work.”

 

          “Yah oppa.” I said impatiently. “What are you doing here?”

 

          He ignored me completely and started looking around. I followed him and he was about to walk upstairs when I blocked his way my arms outstretched.

 

          “Cho Kyuhyun.” I said. “What are you doing in my house?!”

 

          He smiled at me like as if he just saw me. “Tae Hee-ah, why are you shouting?”

 

          Kyuhyun pinched my cheeks and smiled at me. I glared at him for being so cool. What is wrong with him?

 

          “Oh, I forgot.” Kyuhyu said and handed me the paper bag he was holding. “This is for you.”

 

          I accepted it and looked inside gingerly. I recognized the smell instantly, it was strawberries.

 

          “What’s this for?” I asked, looking at him.

 

          He looked so lost, as he tries to find a chair to sit. “Why is there no sofa in your house?”

 

          I waved my hand in front of his face to get his precious attention.

 

          “Aish~ what are you doing?” he asked.

 

          I waved the bag of strawberries in front of him. “Why did you bring me these?”

 

          “It’s your favorite.” he replied like as if it’s obvious.

 

          He remembers.

 

          “How did you know?” I said keeping up my act of not knowing him.

 

          He smirked at me not buying my act.

 

          I tapped my foot impatiently. “Why are you here?”

 

          “You should learn to treat your guests with more hospitality.” he scolded me and it’s my turn to smirk.

 

          “I treat my guests with hospitality, oppa.” I smile deadly sweet. “But only those who are welcome in my house.”

 

          He shrugged and walked towards me.

          I backed away. “What do you want?”

 

          “You wanted to know why I’m here, right?” he asked smiling sweetly.

 

          “Neh.”

 

          “I’m here to inform you that you won.” he said.

 

          “M-mou?” I asked. He lost me there.

 

          Kyuhyun put his hands up as if surrendering. “You won. Whatever game you’re playing with me, your i-don’t-know-Kyuhyun game, I accept it.  I can’t force you to acknowledge me. So I’ll just play along but that doesn’t mean I’ll behave.”

 

          I stared at him in disbelief. “Yah!”

 

          “Neh?” he smiled.

 

          I know I have decided to act civil with him but this man is just pushing me to my limits. He’s stubborn as always and he never fails to annoy me.

 

          “How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t know what you’re talking about?” I asked indignantly.

 

          He raised his eyebrow at me. “Suit yourself.”

 

          “Fine!” I said trying to stay cool. “I’ll tell you why I’m avoiding you.”

 

          That caught Kyuhyun’s attention and he looked at me quickly. “Wae?”

 

          “You’re acting so close to me like as if I know you.” I began and he smirked at me. I didn’t let that faze me. “I’m not used to it and besides I don’t want my namja chingu to get jealous.”

 

          “N-namja…chingu?” Kyuhyun asked like as if he misheard me.

 

          I smiled. “Neh. So please, stop bothering me oppa.”

 

          “Namja chingu.” he repeated. “Are you kidding me?”

 

          I shook my head. “Aniyo oppa. Why would I kid you?”

          Kyuhyun looked at me disbelievingly before asking what I wish he wouldn’t ask.

 

          “Arasso.” he said. “Who’s your namja chingu, then?”

 

          “I…my namja chingu is…” I stammered.

 

          “Neh, who is it?” Kyuhyun asked smirking again.

 

          And that’s when my savior came. The door opened and Taemin went inside.

 

          “Noona…” he stopped short as he looked at me and then to Kyuhyun.

 

          I looked at Taemin and before I can stop myself I said. “My namja chingu is Lee Taemin.”

 

          What I didn’t know is that I made another complicated situation for myself.