Happy Taeminnie

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

               I met Taemin in the SM Entertainment building early in the morning before the start of their rehearsal. He was just dressed casually and I couldn’t help but smile. He’s so youthful and cute in so many ways.

 

                “Noona!” he smiled and gave me a hug.

 

                “Annyeong.” I greeted him. “Did you eat already?”

 

                He nodded. “Neh, noona.”

 

                “That’s great.” I smiled.

 

                I was actually stalling for time but I know I have to do this. If Taemin’s career were put in the line I would really hate myself.

 

                “Taemin, we have to talk.” I began.

 

                “I know.” he smiled. “But let me talk first.”

 

                “Arasso.” I nodded.

 

                “I don’t want to end it, noona.” Taemin said clearly.

 

                I blinked. “M-mou?”

 

                “I want to be your namja chingu.” Taemin said taking my hand.

 

                That shocked my brain.

 

                “Noona.” Taemin said. “Noona, are you okay?”

 

                I squeezed his hand. “Taemin, listen to me. I only said those things to make Kyuhyun go away. It’s wrong, I know. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry Taeminnie.”

He looked at me steadily in my eyes. “I know noona and I can help you make him stop bothering you. I will act as your namja chingu.”

 

                “I couldn’t ask that from you.” I said shaking my head. “I wouldn’t do that to you—.”

 

                “Saranghae, noona!” he said to me.

 

                “Mou?” I said stunned.

 

                “You heard me, noona. I love you.” Taemin repeated and I can see truth in his eyes.

 

                “I can’t give it back Taemin…I...” I said looking away. “Mianhe…”

 

                “I hate him you know.” Taemin said quietly. “I hate Kyuhyun hyung that he left you, because I know you’re really hurt. I know noona that you’re still afraid to love again but I promise you I’m not anything like him. I’ll take care of you.”

 

                “Taemin…” I tried to protest.

 

                “I love you even back then.” he continued. “I didn’t say anything because I know you’re happy with him. I kept my mouth shut because I know you’ll turn away from me.”

 

                “It doesn’t change the fact that I’m lying to him now Taemin.” I explained softly. “I’m lying to make him go away but I can’t use you.”

 

                Taemin grabbed my hand. “Please, noona. Give me a chance.”

 

                I stared at him. He looks so innocent and he looks serious at the same time. I’ve known him since like forever, even before I met Kyuhyun. He’s always been there for me, he might be younger than me but he’s the one who held me up before I went to Japan.

               

                I cried. This makes me more confused. I don’t want to hurt Taemin’s feelings.

 

                “You don’t need to love me back now noona.” Taemin said softly, wiping the tears away from my face. “I can wait…”

                “Taemin-ah.” I cried.

 

                He smiled at me. “I’ll act as your namja chingu besides I know you can’t just take it back. Once you do that…Kyuhyun hyung will just suspect you more.”

 

                He hugged me and I cried to him.

 

                It’s just so frustrating that I don’t know what to do. I should be the rational one. I should say no but I know Taemin long enough that he’ll be really hurt if I say no.

 

                “It’s going to be alright.” He whispered to me. “I’ll be here.”

 

                I nodded.

 

                What else can I do?

 

                “I’ll help you love again.” Taemin said finally.

 

                “I’ll try.” I whispered back.

 

                He patted me in the head like as if he was the one older than me. He was smiling so happily at me and I could make myself wipe those smile away. So I bit my lip and agreed to him.

 

                We can try, right?

 

 

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

 

                I’m aware that I’m grinning like an idiot.

 

                I’m at the dance rehearsal together with my hyungs and I’m so energetic. Today, I’m officially Tae Hee noona’s boyfriend.

 

                I felt so free that I have finally told her feelings after all these years. I’m happy, unbelievably happy. It seems surreal to me. I know that she’s still hesitating but I meant all the things that I have said to her. I will help her love again and get over with the pain.

                I’m so scared to the bones when I was telling her how I feel but I couldn’t miss the opportunity she’s given me. Even if we were just going to act at first, I’m positive that I can turn things around.

 

                It doesn’t have to be fake, we will make it real.

 

                “Yah, Lee Taemin!” Minho hyung called after me.

 

                I turned to look at him. “Eh?”

 

                “You look like and idiot.” he told me.

 

                “Wae?” I pouted.

 

                “The song just ended and you keep dancing.” Jonghyun hyung said.

 

                “Oh.” I smiled.

 

                “What’s wrong with you?” Onew hyung asked.

 

                I beamed at them.

 

                “Geez! You’re creeping me out.” Jonghyun hyung complained.

 

                “I’m just happy.” I shrugged.

 

                Key hyung hugged me. “Wae? Wae? Wae?”

 

                “I have a yeoja chingu.” I smiled.

 

                “MOU?!” They all shouted at me.

 

                Jonghyun hyung shook me. “Who is it?”

 

                “Guess.” I .

 

                Key hyung complained. “Tell us already, ppali!”

 

                “Tae Hee, noona!” I announced.

 

                Onew hyung pinched my cheeks. “Yeah, don’t lie.”

                “Aniyo!” I said indignantly. “I’m not lying.”

 

                “Jeonmal?” Jonghyun hyung asked wide-eyed.

 

                I laughed at their reaction. They were all shocked.

 

                “She told us, you’re just friends.” Key hyung said.

 

                I shook my head. “We don’t want to tell you in the first place.”

 

                “Wae?” Minho hyung asked.

 

                “Because we know you’ll probably react like this.” I lied.

 

                “B-but you’re four years younger than her.” Key hyung protested.

 

                I smirked. “So?”

 

                “Aish~” Minho hyung said. “You lucky pabo.”

 

                Onew hyung sat down in a chair looking thoughtful. “Tae Hee? Kim Tae Hee?”

 

                “Aigoo~” Jonghyun hyung said as he lies face down on the floor. “We’re doomed.”

 

                “I need to find my yeoja chingu too.” Minho hyung said.

 

                “How come our maknae has a girl friend?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

 

                “It’s so unfair.” Key hyung said shooting a glare at me.

 

                I laughed loudly. No one can deflate my high spirits today. I will ask noona out as soon as my schedules got cleared. I will make her the happiest girl in the world. I don’t care if I’m younger. It doesn’t matter, I lover her.

 

         That’s enough, right?