Truth Before My Eyes

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Sungmin’s POV:

 

                        I watched as Leeteuk hyung drag Taemin outside. I struggle to keep Kyuhyun form going after him, he was so drunk. I sighed as I looked at the bottles of Soju they managed to empty.

 

                        “Let me go, Minnie.” Kyuhyun said trying to shake off my grip at him.

 

                        “Do you promise not to go after them?” I asked cautiously

 

                        “Neh, neh.” he said impatiently and I let him go.

 

                        “We better get back to the dorm so you can drink something to make you feel better.” I said and tugged at his arm.

 

                        Kyuhyun waved me off as he stumbled. “Don’t be so pushy Minnie!”

 

                        I sighed as I followed him closely. He stumbled while walking and I catch him every time he was about to fall.

 

                        “Aish~ this babo.” I sighed.

 

                        Kyuhyun slumped at the elevator and I have to help him get to his feet when we reached our floor. I opened the door for him and I stopped when I saw Yoona sitting on the couch.

 

                        Uh-oh.

 

                        Yoona turned around and gasped when she saw Kyuhyun. Even my hyungs were surprised.

 

                        “What happened?” Yoona asked.

 

 

Yoona’s POV:

 

                        I saw Sungmin buckle a little from Kyuhyun’s weight and I look at Kyuhyun’s awful state, looking at him I know he’s drunk. I can smell him too.

 

                        “What happened?” I asked again.

 

                        Sungmin shrugged. “Jinjja, mollaso.”

 

                        I approached them and touched Kyuhyun’s face. “Oppa.”

 

                        Kyuhyun oppa groaned a little, his eyes half closed. Sungmin took Kyuhyun oppa at their room with the help of Ryeowook and I followed them.

 

                        “You shouldn’t see this.” Sungmin said.

 

                        “I’ll take care of him.” I smiled.

 

                        Sungmin frowned a little. “Maybe that’s not a good idea.”

 

                        “Wae?” I asked confused. “Please oppa.”

 

                        “Arasso.” Sungmin conceded. “Call us when you need something.”

 

                        “Neh.” I agreed.

 

                        I took off Kyuhyun’s jacket with a little difficultly before getting a damp towel and began wiping his face. I placed a pillow behind him so that he’ll be a little elevated. Kyuhyun oppa sighed a little and I wonder why he will get drunk like this. If he has a problem he never mentions anything to me.

 

                        I continued to wipe his face when he opened his eyes sleepily.

 

                        “Oppa?” I said waving a hand in front of him.

 

                        He squinted at me like he couldn’t see me properly before smiling. “Tae Hee-ah.”

 

                        I froze. Tae Hee?

 

                        “Tae Hee-ah!” he mumbled again and then he hugged me.

                        “Oppa…I’m not Tae Hee.” I mumbled my voice already constricting.

 

                        “Why are you being so nice and taking care of me after all the things I have done?” he asked.

 

                        He pulled away at me and cupped my face. He doesn’t recognize me as he keeps staring at me.

 

                        “Mainhe, I’m really sorry Tae Hee.” Kyuhyun said his voice so slurred. “I regret it. I regret all of it. I never should have left you like that.”

 

                        Kyuhyun was about to kiss me when he passed out suddenly.

 

                        I stared at him the first sign of tears forming in my eyes. I looked at his sleeping face and I came to understand, all of my conversations with Tae Hee unnie and Kyuhyun oppa’s revelation tonight.

 

                        He’s the reason why Tae Hee unnie hates wedding.

 

                        They were supposed to be wed three years ago.

 

                        I put a blanket over him before going out of the room. I went outside their dorm without saying goodbye to any of them. In the elevator I couldn’t stop the flow of tears running down my cheeks.

 

                        It hurts but then I felt like I am really not that surprised. Somehow in my mind and in my heart I know that something will happen. I flashed back again on my conversations with Tae Hee unnie, the look of hurt in her face and the sadness in her voice when she talked about it. I remember the day I saw her crying; now I know it’s all because of him.

 

                        I know that I should feel betrayed but I feel nothing close to that. I enjoyed being with Tae Hee unnie and all the times I have spent with her were happy moments. She treats me like a sister I can’t help wondering how she might have felt whenever I open up about Kyuhyun oppa.

 

                        Right now I don’t know what to think and what to feel. This is the kind of situation that I never imagined getting into.