My Angel is Back

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                        I drifted in and out of sleep my chest hurting. I remember collapsing on the stage of our concert and waking up in the emergency room. I felt heavy and I feel like being in a dream I don’t even know if I’m thinking clearly.

 

                        I opened my eyes and it blurred a little before finally focusing on someone’s face, the face of my mother.

 

                        “Umma.” I croaked my lips dry.

 

                        “Kyuhyun-ah.” my mom smiled. “How do you feel?”

 

                        I winced as I move my hands. “Sore, I hate these wires.”

 

                        My mom laughed once and I was glad to see her happy face. “You have to endure it.”

 

                        “Yah, pabo!” Ahra said to my right. “How dare you make us worried again, huh?”

 

                        “Ahra, don’t give your brother stress.” my mom chastised her.

 

                        I looked at Ahra and I saw her biting her lips, trying not to cry. “Mianhe, it won’t happen again.”

 

                        “You better do that.” she smiled and kissed my forehead.

 

                        I looked up at my father and he smiled down at me. He nodded once to let me know that he’s glad I’m okay. They stayed for a few minutes before stepping out to allow my friends to see me.

 

                        “So the evil maknae is finally awake.” Heechul hyung beamed.

 

                        I felt a rush of gratitude as I see all of them. We’re really tight; they’ve always been here for me through thick and thin.

 

                        “You look awful.” Sungmin greeted me.

 

                        “Thanks.” I smiled sarcastically. “Gumawo for being here, all of you.”

 

                        “We can’t stay long though.” Donghae hyung said. “You’re not actually allowed to have many visitors all at the same time.”

 

                        “We overruled the doctor.” Siwon hyung winked.

 

                        “And the nurses.” Eunhyuk hyung laughed.

 

                        We chatted for a few minutes and they left one by one until Minnie is the only one left at my side.

 

                        “What happened back there?” Sungmin asked.

 

                        “I was under a lot of stress.” I replied.

 

                        Sungmin’s face flashed with anger and worry. “You could’ve seen a doctor earlier and avoided this.”

 

                        “Mianhe.” I mumbled.

 

                        Sungmin is upset no doubt. He’s always been my best man and he always look after me even though we sometimes annoy the hell out of each other.

 

                        “I’ll be more careful next time.” I promised and he nodded.

 

                        “Do you want to see her?” Sungmin asked.

 

                        My eyes widened and my heart lifted. “She’s here?”

 

                        “You scared the hell out of her.” Sungmin nodded. “She cried for hours in the hospital’s chapel.”

 

                        “I want to see her.” I pleaded.

 

                        Sungmin nodded once and went out of the room. I held my breath as the door opened again revealing the girl I love. Her eyes were puffy and she’s wearing a simple jeans and a blouse. I’ve never seen her so heartbreakingly beautiful.

 

                        “Tae Hee-ah.” I smiled reaching for her.

 

                        She silently took my hand and wiped the tears from her eyes. “Annyeong.”

 

                        “I know my sight is not that good with all the wires attached to me but I hope you can forgive me for that.” I joked.

 

                        Tae Hee cracked a grin and squeezed my hand. “You almost died and you still want to joke.”

 

                        “I want to see you smile.” I countered.

 

                        “Why didn’t you tell me you’ve been in an accident?” she asked a little accusingly.

                       

                        “Oh, they told you.” I mumbled.

 

                        “Wae?” she asked again.

 

                        “There’s so much going on and I don’t want you to think about it.” I explained.

 

                        She inched closer to my face and I’m tempted to kiss her. “I almost lost you!”

 

                        “I’m glad you’re here.” I said instead. “I feel like this is a dream.”

 

                        “I’m here.” she squeezed my hand again. “I’m real.”

 

                        “I wanted to come after you.” I blurted out. “But I didn’t know where you are. When I learned that you’re leaving Korea I panicked but still I’m helpless, they won’t tell me where you’re going.”

 

                        “You would’ve made things right if you know where I’m going?” she asked quietly.

                        “Neh, yes I would.” I nodded fervently wanting her to know how much I mean it.

 

                        She sighed. “I’m glad you didn’t know where I am.”

 

                        My heart sank. “Wae?”

 

                        She kissed my hand tenderly and smiled at me. “Because you never would have lived your dream.”

 

                        A tear escaped my eye. She understands.

 

                        “I’m not mad anymore.” she smiled. “I can’t hate you for that even if you have hurt me. You’re just human.”

 

                        “You believe that I love you?” I asked.

 

                        “Without a doubt.” Tae Hee nodded.

 

                        And that’s more than enough to lift my spirits. My angel is back and she’s here with me, holding my hand…loving me.