Birthday Memories

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Taemin’s POV:

 

 

                 Today is an important day because it’s Tae Hee noona’s birthday. I have already asked her a hundred times what she wanted to do for her birthday but she doesn’t want me to make a big deal out of it since she’s just going to turn a year older but I refuse to believe her that she doesn’t like to celebrate. So today, I decided that I will give her a surprise and for that my first stop will be Onew hyung.

 

                        I knocked on his room and gave him by best smile when he opened the door. He frowned at me and waited for me to speak.

 

                        “Annyeong~” I said cheerfully.

 

                        “Why are you grinning like an idiot?” Onew hyung asked.

 

                        I laughed. “Can ask you a favor hyung?”

 

                        “What is it?” he asked.

 

                        “Can I go out today?” I asked.

 

                        Onew hyung frowned at me. “Wae? Where are you going?”

 

                        “Just outside.” I answered.

 

                        “You CAN’T!!” Key hyung said emerging from his room.

 

                        I pouted. “Wae??”

 

                        “We’re going to clean the dorm today.” Key hyung said flicking me in the ear. “You’re always with your girlfriend and you don’t hang out with us anymore.”

                        “But I really need to go out today.” I whined. “It’s important.”

 

                        “Why are you so noisy?” Jonghyun grumbled.

 

                        Oops, not good. I woke up Dino hyung. “Mianhe but Onew and Key hyung won’t let me go out.”

 

                        Jonghyun hyung glared at me. “You want to go out again?”

 

                        I gave them my best pleading face but nothing worked. I have to play my last card then.

 

                        “I’ll buy you chicken, Onew hyung.” I said finally.

 

                        “Oh, jinjja?” he smiled.

 

                        “Yah!” Key hyung smacked Onew hyung in the head.

 

                        “Wae?!” he demanded.

 

                        “Don’t get fooled by the chicken!” Jonghyun hyung said.

 

                        Onew hyung pouted. “B-but…it’s chicken.”

 

                        “Why don’t you just tell us why you want to desperately go outside?” asked Minho hyung who’s sitting on the couch.

 

                        “It’s noona’s birthday today.” I sighed. “I wanted to surprise her.”

 

                        “Oh~” they all said.

 

                        “Fine you may go.” Key hyung said.

 

                        I looked up, surprised. “Oh, jinjja?”

 

                        “Neh, before we change our minds.” he smirked.

 

                        “Ah~ kamsahamnida hyung!!” I bowed and went straight for the door.

 

                        “Yah~ don’t forget my chicken!” Onew hyung shouted after me.

 

                        I laughed. “Arasso!!”

 

                        I went to the mall and bought Tae Hee noona a dress. I made sure it is wrapped beautifully and I wrote a note for her telling her to wear the dress and meet me at the train station tonight at 7pm. That’s when the magic will start.

 

 

 

Tae Hee’s POV:

 

                       

                        I’m busy doing some sketches when I received a package from Taemin. I tore open the package carefully and found a beautiful pink dress and a note. I laughed when I read what he has written. I tried to call him but his phone was off, maybe to keep me from asking too many questions.

 

                        I wore the dress and went to the train station. I’m feeling a little out of place with my dress and I still can’t find Taemin. I was about to go when a hand touched me.

 

                        “Don’t turn around.” I recognized Taemin’s voice.

 

                        He put a blindfold over my eyes and guided me towards the somewhere.

 

                        “Yah, Taemin.” I smiled. “Where are we going?”

 

                        “Just wait a little longer.” he whispered.

 

                        We ride a car and it was silent throughout the drive. When we finally arrived, Taemin helped me on my feet again.

 

                        “You can take it off now.” Taemin said and I yanked the blindfold off.

 

                        I gasp when my eyes focused on the place. We were standing in front of my old school where I went in high school when Taemin is in elementary.

 

                        “Kaja.” he said and I took his hand.

 

                        Taemin readied a romantic dinner beside my favorite tree where we used to eat our lunch and for a moment I have forgotten all my worries. It was such a great night and Taemin kept amusing me with his stories of us in the past.

                        I feel so light hearted when I arrived at my house. This is not a bad day after all.  When I was a few feet from my doorstep, I saw another package waiting for me.

 

                        “Aigoo~” I smiled as I approached the box. “That kid.”

 

                        I was about to open the box when it suddenly move and there were little noises coming from the inside.

 

                        “Oh!” I said backing away.

 

                        The box opened and a cute puppy poked his head out. He started barking happily at me and I brightened.

 

                        “Annyeong~” I waved at him and he started my hand. “What’s your name?”

 

                        I looked at his collar and saw his name.

 

                        “Annyeong Momo~” I smiled. “Tae Hee imnida~”

 

                        He barked happily at me and I scooped him up to put him on the floor. I opened the door and he bounced inside without waiting for me.

 

                           “Yah, changkamanyo.” I laughed.

 

                             I was about to throw away the box when I noticed the letter inside.

 

Dear Tae Hee,

 

                        Saengil chukkahamnida~ Take care of Momo. He needs a new family~ I’m sure he’ll be happy to have you. Sorry if it took me this long to give this to you.

 

                        I don’t mean any harm but if you don’t want him, please give him to someone who will care.

 

-Kyuhyun

 

                        I looked up and turned towards the street. It might be my imagination but I think I saw Kyuhyun from the other side of the street. I walked inside the house and saw the dog trying to climb up the stairs but he was too little.

 

                        “Yah~ Momo!” I said. “He brought you here personally, right? Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

                        He barked at me happily as if to answer me: “Yes he did!” I glanced at the letter again. I don’t mean any harm but if you don’t want him, please give him to someone who will care.

 

                        It was a gift that I really wanted. I remember whining at him over and over about how I wanted a dog. Kyuhyun will always say that I am not ready yet to care for a dog because I’m busy and then he admitted that he doesn’t want to share my attention to a dog.

 

                        And now he’s here, Momo.

 

                        “You’re three years late you know.” I said sitting at the stairs.

 

                        Momo looked at me and turned his head to the side.

 

                        “Don’t give me that look!” I scolded him. “Why does he have to give you to me when it’s too late?”

 

                        Momo whined and then rolled over and over.

 

                        “Oh, great!” I scowled. “Did he tell you to do that?”

 

                        I sighed and throw my hands up. “Ah~ I’m going crazy!”

 

                        I went up stairs and changed my clothes. I took my time and when I couldn’t take it anymore I went downstairs. I saw Momo sitting in front of the door, his back turned against me like he wanted to go out.

 

                        “Momo?” I called.

 

                        The dog turned around and gave me puppy eyes, then looked at the door again. It was like he was saying that if I don’t want him then I better let him outside so that he won’t bother me anymore.

 

                        “Aish~” I said. “Fine, I’ll keep you!”

 

                        I scooped him up and tapped a finger to his nose. “You better be good unlike Kyuhyun!”

 

                        He barked at me and my fingers. He ended up sleeping beside me.