A Little Twist

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 

                        I woke up with a splitting headache and the world was spinning. I opened my eyes and Sungmin was staring at me with an amused expression, Leeteuk hyung was beside him.

 

                        I got up and scratched my head. “I feel like crap.”

 

                        “You should be.” Leeteuk hyung said.

 

                        “You’re in so much trouble.” Sungmin said.

 

                        “What happened?” I asked them.

 

                        Leeteuk hyung gave a shrug. “You almost had a fight with Taemin.”

 

                        “Where is he?” I asked remembering some of my conversations with him.

 

                        “Wae?” Sungmin asked suspiciously.

 

                        “Nothing.” I replied.

 

                        Leeteuk hyung went to the door. “I brought her to Tae Hee’s house.”

 

                        “Mou?!” I asked totally surprised.

 

                        “Stop worrying about these things and stop getting into trouble!” Leeteuk hyung said glaring at me.

 

                        I’m still upset about that piece of information as I got up and showered. I ate breakfast noting that there’s no one in the dorm except for me and Sungmin.

 

                        “Where are the others?” I asked.

 

                        “Out and having fun.” he shrugged.

 

                        I frowned. “Jinjja?”

 

                        “Neh.” he nodded. “We don’t have a schedule today.”

 

                        “Oh~” I said thoughtfully.

 

                        A few minutes later I saw Sungmin getting ready. “You’re leaving too?”

 

                        “Neh, I’m going to see my mom.” he said.

 

                        “Arasso.” I nodded trying to decide what to do.

 

                        “You’re not thinking of getting into trouble, right?” Sungmin asked.

                       

                        I punched him lightly in the arm. “Give me some credit.”

 

                        Sungmin rolled his eyes. “I swear you need a baby sitter.”

 

                        “Shut up!” I laughed.

 

                        “What are you going to do?” he asked.

 

                        “Yoona and I were going to Jeju Island today.” I said.

 

                        Sungmin frowned a little. “Are you and Yoona okay? Did you say something to her last night?”

 

                        It was my turn to get surprised. “She’s here last night?”

 

                        “She insisted on taking care of you.” Sungmin explained. “In fact she’s here in the dorm waiting for you.”

 

                        I racked my brain if there’s something I have said last night but I really can’t remember anything. When Sungmin left, I prepared for my things to bring on Jeju Island.

 

                        I found Yoona waiting for me in the lobby and she’s talking with someone. I approached closer and I saw that she’s talking with Tae Hee. I tried to act casually and they didn’t even see me walking to them.

                         Yoona seemed to be persuading Tae Hee about something and it occurs to me that Yoona wasn’t holding anything while Tae Hee has a bag as big as mine.

 

                        “Annyeong.” I greeted them.

 

                        Tae Hee met my eyes and frowned.

 

                        “Oppa!” Yoona smiled. “I’m glad you’re here.”

 

                        “What’s happening?” I asked turning to her. “Are you ready to go?”

 

                        “I can’t go today.” she pouted. “I have a schedule for a photo shoot today. It’s important and I need to be there.”

 

                        I thought about it for a moment. “It’s okay. I’m sure we can go any other time.”

 

                        “Aniyo!” she said hastily.

 

                        “Mou?” I asked.

 

                        “Tae Hee unnie will come with you!” she declared.

                       

                        “Changkaman.” Tae Hee said. “You said you want me to come with you.”

 

                        “Neh.” Yoona smiled. “I wanted you to come with us but then I have an urgent schedule today. I’m sure you and Kyuhyun oppa can still go.”

 

                        “But…” she protested.

 

                        “Right, oppa?” Yoona smiled at me.

 

                        “Uh…” I mumbled. I tried to assess the situation but I don’t know what to do.

 

                        Yoona turned to Tae Hee and gave her pleading eyes. “Unnie, won’t you do it for me? I don’t want to waste my preparation. Do you know how I fought to book a hotel room for this trip? I don’t want it to get wasted just because of me.”

 

                        “Aigoo~ why are you suddenly doing this?” Tae Hee asked as Yoona gave her a pleading look.

 

                        “Won’t you do it for me?” she whined and then turned to me. “Oppa, convince her!”

 

            I looked at Tae Hee and shrug. “I’m just an innocent civilian.”

 

                        “Unnie!” Yoona continued to whine.

 

                        “Arasso!” Tae Hee said defeatedly. “But only if Kyuhyun agrees.”

 

                        I think Tae Hee is hoping that I will say no but then Yoona glares at me. I’ve always given Yoona what she wants and I’m sure she’ll be really upset with me if I don’t agree but something feels wrong here and Sungmin’s questions lingered on the back of my mind.

 

                        “Oppa!” Yoona said tugging at my sleeve.

 

                        “Fine.” I agreed and she clapped happily.

 

“Gumawo!”

 

                        Tae Hee sighed again as I load our bags on the trunk of my car. I revved up the engine as Tae Hee took a seat on the passenger side.

 

                        “Now don’t forget to bring me a present, arasso?” Yoona smiled. “And drive carefully oppa.”

 

                        “Neh.” I nodded.

 

                        “Are you sure you can’t come after your schedule?” Tae Hee asked.

 

                        “I’ll call when I can.” she smiled at us. “Bye!”