Best Friends

My Groom Who Left ME in the Altar

 

              It was such a weird night and I kept tossing in bed unable to sleep. When I manage to sleep I had a weird dream about Taemin and Kyuhyun. It doesn’t make sense to me and I tried to ignore the stabbing pain in my head when I woke up.

 

                The phone rings and I answered it sleeply.

 

                “Unnie?” I heard the voice on the other end.

 

                “Yeoboseyo?” I answered.

 

                I heard a laugh and then. “It’s me Yoona.”

 

                “Oh hi.” I said cheerfully, I haven’t heard about her for a week.

 

                “We just got back from Thailand.” she announced.

 

                “Jeongmal?” I asked. “You must be so tired.”

 

                “Aniyo. I’m fine.” she said. “Do you want to go out today? I have a present for you.”

 

                “Sure.” I replied. “I’ll meet you at the café outside SME.”

 

                “Neh.” Yoona said. “See you.”

 

 

                I dressed quickly and I realized that I am excited to see her. Yoona is easy to be with and it sometimes strike me that I like her so much. I guess that’s because I never had a sister that I can bond with, my older brother is too busy with work to bond with me even when we’re little.

 

                Being with Yoona is a relief because I don’t have a close girl friend here in Korea and it’s not like I can call Maria, I know she’s busy with her new life with Jiwon.

 

                I arrived at the coffee shop just in time and Yoona gave me a hug and rambles about missing me.

 

                “You look radiant.” I commented once I settled on my seat.

 

                She beamed at me. “It was fun being in Thailand. The fans were great.”

 

                “I’m sure you had a good time.” I laughed.

 

                She passed a huge paper bag in my direction and smiled. “It’s my present for you.”

 

                I checked the box inside and found a new pair of shoes.

 

                I gasp. “It’s wonderful!”

 

                “I saw it at the mall in Thailand and it’s such a catch, so I bought it for you.” she smiled, pleased that I liked it.

 

                “It’s beautiful.” I smiled at her. “Gumawo.”

 

                “I’m glad you like it.” she smiled shyly.

 

                “Of course I do.” I replied. “But I’m sure it will fit better to you.”

 

                Yoona shook her head. “Nah, it’s not my color.”

 

                I laughed and asked about her day. “Are you sure you’re not tired?”

 

                “I’m fine, Unnie.” she assured me. “I had a lot of sleep earlier.”

 

                “Arasso.”

 

                “You’ll wear it, right?” she asked, motioning at the box.

 

                “I will.” I said and she brightened. “In fact I’ll wear it tonight.”

 

                “Eh?” Yoona asked puzzled. “Do you have a date tonight?”

 

                “There’s a fashion show I have to attend tonight.” I admitted. “Do you want to come?”

 

                Her eyes shine with excitement. “Can I?”

 

                “Of course.” I nodded.

 

                “Yay!” she clapped.

 

                Yoona is so enthusiastic about the plan and offered to do my hair tonight and I agreed. We bought some clothes at the mall and then headed for my house. I couldn’t tear her off the studio where I do my work and she kept gushing about her dream of designing her own clothes too. I told her I’ll give her a hand.

 

                “Aren’t we going to ask the other girls out?” I asked as she do my hair.

 

                “I forget to mention that some of them were still in Thailand.” she said.

 

                I frowned. “Wae?”

 

                “They were given permission to stay for two days.” she replied.

 

                “What about you?” I asked.

 

                “Taeyeon unnie, Seohyun and I have a photo shoot tomorrow for a clothing line so we need to head back.” Yoona explained.

 

                “Aigoo~ so busy with your schedule.” I teased. “I should probably ask for you to pose for my clothing line right now.”

 

                Yoona laughed. “Don’t worry unnie, I’ll make sure to always squeeze you in my schedule no matter how busy I am.”

 

                “Jinjja?” I asked.

 

                “Neh.” she nodded.

 

                I drive us both to the venue of the fashion show and there must be more than a dozen of cameras that flash once we got out of the car. I’m quiet sure this will make its way to the news tomorrow.

 

                “This is so great.” Yoona whispered excitedly.

 

                “Some of my creations will be featured tonight.” I mumbled.

 

                Yoona grabbed my hand. “Jinjja? Aigoo~ why didn’t you tell me unnie? Oh, this will be so great.”

 

                I led her to our seat and left her for a while to talk to the coordinators before going back to our seat. I can see that she’s a little nervous so I tried to cheer her up by telling her my first experience on a fashion show. I think she got better afterwards.

 

                I stood up and bowed when my named got acknowledge and then the real show began. Yoona and I both appreciated the clothes and the graceful way the model presented them and then the coordinators were calling me to grace the stage too.

 

                I gave a slight shake in the head, laughing a little.

 

                “Do you want Ms. Kim Tae Hee to grace the stage?” the MC asked the crowd and the all said yes.

 

                “You can do it unnie.” Yoona encouraged me.

 

                I’m not nervous about going on stage and presenting myself, I’ve done it a hundred times. They just caught me off guard and I like my clothes to stand out, not me.

 

                Yoona is giving me an expectant look so I nodded and went up the stage.

 

                They cheered for me and I bowed when I have made my round on the stage. Yoona is specifically entertained.

 

                “I didn’t know you were that graceful, Unnie.” Yoona said. “You outshine them all.”

 

                I laughed. “Aniyo.”

                I am glad on her enthusiasm and was glad that I made some girl bonding tonight.

 

                “Let’s go and eat dinner.” I said as we drive home.

 

                She smiled a little guilty at me.

 

                “What’s wrong?” I smiled. “Do you have other plans?”

 

                “Kyuhyun oppa said he’ll take me to dinner tonight.” she blushed.

 

                “Oh, right.” I said, my smile slipping off a little.

 

                “Is that okay?” she asked worriedly.

 

                I tried to smile. “Of course. We’ll eat next time.”

 

 

                I dropped her off on SME building and headed on my way home. It’s sometimes easy to forget that she’s Kyuhyun’s girlfriend because we clicked so much. I don’t know what to make of it but sometimes when I am conscious that she’s Kyuhyun’s yeoja chingu I feel uncomfortable. But I’m not mad at her or anything close to that. I like her with or without Kyuhyun but sometimes it’s easier that I don’t know anything about their relationship.