Protect Me-Suho

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘Boys, listen up! I want you all to pay attention to what I have to say because this is extremely important!’ The manager said to EXO as he entered the practice room. They were all tired and sweaty from their dance practice, groaning as they stood up but listened attentively to what he had to say. They’ve never seen him this serious before and judging by the looks of it, they assumed it was another important event they have to attend.

He looked towards the door and motioned for someone outside there to enter the room, which was you. ‘This is (F/N) (L/N), she will be your bodyguard from now on and you are to go nowhere without her.’ He introduced you and you bowed, silent as a grave.

‘Not to be offensive, but how is a girl going to protect us? We’re taller and stronger than her!’ One of the members said though you could not identify who asked the question. Upon hearing this, the manager only smirked as he continued. ‘Laugh all you want, she might be a bit shorter than you but she’s capable of putting you flat on your back and make you sleep permanently in a second. Like it or not, the chairman has assigned her to your group specifically so you have no say in this. If I’ve made myself clear, do you have any questions before I leave?’

‘Where is she from?’ Before you could say anything, the manager had already spoken up in your stead. ‘Born and raised here, went to military school and graduated with certificates. Won military awards and medals for her service and also the youngest sniper in the history of Korea. Became a Lieutenant for three years before posted out.’

The boys looked at you cold, stoic face in awe, a girl like you who could pack more than just a straight punch to the guts was way out of their league. ‘She’s going to live in the same dorm as you so if you try to escape without permission, consequences will be dealt.’ The manager said a bunch of other stuff before leaving you with them, almost all of them eyed you hungrily like a piece of fresh and tender meat hanging right before their eyes, making them drool.

‘So it’s true then? That you could make a person sleep in three seconds?’ You heard Luhan ask. ‘Would you care for a demonstration? I’d need a volunteer.’ You spoke to them for the first time, the shocked look on their faces made you concluded that they must be not used to hearing your voice, very unusually deep for a girl.

Chanyeol boldly stepped forward, a grin on his face and to you, it seemed like he was taunting you but it doesn’t matter since the manager had told you he was one to get himself into all sorts of trouble. ‘Why don’t we do this back at your dorms, hmm? Wouldn’t want you to sleep for at least half an hour here in your practice room, do we?’ You smirked, this was going to tons of fun.

Once back at their dorms, they led you to a wider space where they cheered on for Chanyeol to win. ‘No complaints.’ You said to him and he boasted that he would beat you down in a second before you could lay a finger on his hair. ‘You know, arrogance and over-confidence will get you killed on the battlefield.’ ‘Yeah, yeah… We’re idols, not soldiers so cut the crap and get this started already.’ He rolled his eyes. If there was a soldier like him back in camp, you would’ve tortured the living daylights out of him for talking down on a superior.

When he dashed towards you, his first mistake was not aware where you would strike first and aimed straight for the face. When he was close enough and raised his fist, you merely ducked and swept his feet from under him, making the tall giant stumble backwards and fall on his posterior.

‘I told you so.’ You said flatly. After proving your point, the boys didn’t dare to cause any trouble for you and were disciplined like how you trained soldiers. Their stamina and health improved a lot and their weight were in a healthy category. It wasn’t really that bad working with them, you just had to protect them from their crazy fans and antis from doing inappropriate stuff, other than that, you were fine.

Today, when their schedule finished earlier than expected, they insisted on going back to the dorms and spend some time together. They worked together to prepare dinner, even though the kitchen was a mess and Xiumin nagged at them for countless times, you appreciated their efforts. This was the first time you’re having dinner with them and it felt really awkward when you’re the only girl among twelve hot idols.

‘Tell me, what’s life like in the army? Manager-hyung said you went to a military school.’ Baekhyun asked with his mouth full of food. ‘Well, it’s strict and you have to be disciplined and alert at all times. It’s not easy to graduate and there are less girls compared to boys and I was the only girl in my whole company, but you do learn some useful stuff that you can apply in real life.’ You took another bite of fried chicken which Kai had piled up just for you.

‘What medals did you win?’ Sehun asked curiously, staring at you all the while like a child. ‘I won the Gold Scope Medal or GSM for short at 13, for the youngest sniper in the history of Korea, a medal for my services during the attack on the embassy by terrorists, I’ve lost count because there were a lot of them but I remembered GSM the most because it was my favourite. I’m proficient with all weapons but sniper rifles were my favourite, I’m a weapon specialist and a martial arts practitioner but they also taught how to dismantle a bomb as extra lesson.’ You explained.

‘Why did you suddenly get posted out? Was it because something you did?’ Chen asked, not realizing the bits of rice sticking everywhere around his mouth. ‘Nah, my dad’s the general and he said that I should get a normal life as a girl. When I entered the army, it was my choice to serve the nation and show my father that I too, can protect my family and my beloved country with my own strength. But when I was posted out, I didn’t know what to do because all I’ve known was army life and I wasn’t exposed to what any normal girls would do.’

‘I’ve been to other countries, the front

Please log in to read the full chapter