Hybrid-Lay

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘An abomination of the nature.’ that was what they called you. You were something that wasn’t supposed to be born, an outcast, a freak. True, you resemble a human but you possessed inhuman qualities. Normal humans don’t run as fast as a moving sport car, they can’t lift heavy objects with one hand, they don’t see well in the darkness and they certainly aren’t able to shapeshift into an animal.

You grew up in a lab, that place was all you’ve ever known when you woke up. You never knew your parents or had any memory of them, you’ve never stepped outside its confines, you’ve never felt the warmth of sunlight but you were incredibly intelligent, having force fed with knowledge at such a young age made you far more lethal and dangerous when combined with your skills.

‘Why can’t I go outside?’ You’d always ask the attendants in white. ‘Because the outside world is dangerous, Subject 1. You must remain inside at all times.’ You nodded obediently and did as you were told. You scolded yourself for listening too much to them, the more you spend your time in the labs, the more you found yourself having even more rebellious thoughts. Who wouldn’t after being locked up inside for such a long time?

You decided to escape from the scientists’ clutches, they’ve been using you for their experiments for far too long. The transformations were painful and jarring but what they injected inside you was even more painful each time it took effect, it was to suppress your beast form and they gave you huge doses because they feared that you would go out of control.

I’m going to get out of control and leave chaos behind me. You thought and smiled at the idea, you had everything all planned out. You knew the guards’ routines to such an extent that you knew how much steps they would take and could accurately calculate the time they used to shift posts. Now that it was around midnight, they would serve supper and that meant they would have to put their hands through the small hole to set the tray down.

You crept up quietly and pulled that pair of hands, screams could be heard outside as you wasted no time and bit on the right hand, your sharp canines tearing through the fabric of the white glove, punctured the skin, muscles and made a satisfying ‘crack’ in the bones. This poor man will never be able to use his hand anymore.

Instantly, the door slammed open according to your plans. The guards had their batons raised in an attempt to subdue you but obviously, you overpowered them with your superhuman reflexes and they were all flat on their backs in seconds. You didn’t mean to kill them but you were stronger than them, your powers got slightly out of hand but you forged on nonetheless. Freedom will be within your grasp, just a little bit more.

You passed by another room, there was a guy who was about the same age as you sealed upside down inside the cryogenic chamber just as you had once experienced before as a child and even way before that. It was a long time, seven hundred years encased in ice and another ten years in the cryogenic chamber to be exact but despite the freezing cryogenic gas that should’ve stopped your growth spurt, you still grew nonetheless. With your immense strength you broke the borosilicate glass containing the guy inside, he came tumbling out with his eyes still closed and unaware of what was happening.

The guards’ deaths had alerted the scientists or ‘Whites’ as you called them, they ordered the other guards on the same floor to surround you. They hid behind the safety of the guns as they spoke. Cowards.

‘Subject 1, you are to set Subject 4 down and stand down immediately! Go back to your room, this is an order and you will obey it as you did for the past few years!’ One of the Whites barked at you. ‘I. Will. Not. You’ve kept me captive here long enough, you stupid human.’ You spat at him, refusing to listen. ‘Stun her but do not harm her, we still need her and that boy for our research. If I see so much as a drop of blood trickling down her skin, I will have your heads!’ The leader of the Whites ordered harshly and left you to deal with them on your own.

Not that you weren’t capable of doing so.

You set the guy down, leaning him against the wall. When you were sure that he wouldn’t fall over, you proceeded to take them all out. By the time you were done quenching your thirst for blood, you already left a horrifying and ghastly trail of blood, corpses and what remains of their entrails behind. Your white uniform was stained with splashes and blotches of red here and there, adding colour to the bleak white that you’ve already grown bored of.

With the help of your heightened senses, more incoming enemies are headed your way. It was only a matter of time before the entire special force have you surrounded and the only viable option and nearest escape was jumping out of a window from the eighth level. To hell with it. You thought and jumped out while propping the guy with your right arm.

You landed with a few injuries on your arms and legs, the impact would’ve killed a human but you were now outside the lab. You were free and you wanted to escape somewhere far where the Whites wouldn’t catch you again. Even sustaining wounds from the fall, you ran and looked at your new surroundings while trying to find shelter.

You found shelter at an abandoned construction site, it was enough for you instead of waiting in the rain. You were so tired, who knew escaping from a highly fortified and secured lab would take up so much of your energy? The guy beside you fluttered his eyes open just in time, ‘We escaped…’ You said to him and your eyes closed due to fatigue.

When you woke up, the guy was still beside you and he was staring intently at you. You stretched yourself but your muscles felt sore and it hurts in a few places, only then you remembered you had escaped from a maximum security facility. To be honest, you had expected him to take off when he woke up but instead, he looked after you and even draped a large cloth over your body.

‘What are you? You smell like one of us but you’re not exactly one of us either.’ He sniffed. You guessed that he must be a Lycan judging by the way he sniffed to identify your smell, you’ve read and learned that Lycans have incredible olfactory senses which allows them to distinguish themselves from their own kind.

‘I don’t really know it myself… I’ve never met my parents and I know I’m not human.’ You replied weakly, even after resting you still felt like your legs were going to give up on you. ‘I know a place where we can be safe, my people will know what to do and I doubt that they’ll stay put even if we lay low like this. Let’s go.’ He gave you his hand and you grasped it, pulling you to your feet. ‘Wait…! Before that, what’s your name, Lycan?’ You asked.

‘It’s Yixing.’ Came the reply and he gave you a dimpled smile.

Yixing hijacked a metallic-grey Lamborghini Diablo that was oh-so-conveniently placed among all the other cars at a parking lot near the abandoned construction site, you guessed that he had a thing for speed. He carried you and made sure you were comfortable in the seat before speeding down the empty highway.

After what seemed like a few hours journey, he woke you up and carried you to his den which was located in a secret entrance behind the huge waterfall. Navigating his way through the confusing labyrinth which only the pack members knew, he arrived and set you down on the crystal table.

‘Get me some meat from the fridge, Chanyeol. And get Tao here, I need his help.’ He ordered, the other wolf obeyed and did as told. ‘Xing! I told you not to bring anyone to our den but you refused to listen! Do you know what monstrosity you’ve brought in?!’ The Lycan with slicked back, dark brown hair growled at the sight of you.

‘But we have to help her! She’s starting to bleed badly and her wounds aren’t closing up!’ Yixing defended. ‘I will not allow you to do so, bring her back where she rightfully belongs! I care not if she bleeds to death and rots!’ He yelled as he pointed at you. ‘How could you turn your back on our people?!’ Yixing exploded as he retaliated.

‘She is NOT one of us! She is tainted with the blood of vrykolakas! A half vampire!’ He roared as his eyes turned silver, the other pack members who were present gasped at this piece of information. ‘I don’t care what you want to say, Minseok-hyung. I will do what it takes to heal her, I owe her a life debt. I wouldn’t have been able to escape there and I sure as hell wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for her.’ Yixing said flatly and snatched the raw meat from Chanyeol.

‘Where is this place exactly that you speak of, brother?’ The shorter Lycan asked him. ‘Sierra-Voltiere Labs.’ Another series of gasps and whisperings could be heard among them, looks of shocks crossed their faces. ‘That’s a very dangerous place! They did countless experiments on our kind… This is utterly unforgivable… How did you even get out of there?’ The tallest among them was intrigued, you could tell by the way he widens his eyes and ask.

‘As I’ve told you earlier, she was the one who broke me out. That’s why I owe her.’ He replied and worked on the cuts you’ve sustained. ‘Hmm… You’re not healing, what did they give you during your stay there?’ ‘Only human food…’ You replied weakly. ‘So that’s why she’s weak, she hasn’t been given proper food that suits her diet.’ The short Lycan made his conclusion as he looked at you.

‘But she’s half vampire, should we give her meat or blood?’ The one with blond hair asked. ‘We should give her both, see which one she responds to.’ Chanyeol said. ‘Right. Cut it up into small pieces so she can chew better.’ Yixing ordered and the tall one got to work. He came back a few minutes later with small, neatly cut cubes of meat and fed you one.

The tall Lycan fed you patiently, waiting for you to finish before giving you the next one. Your stomach still growled even though you had finished all the meat. ‘She’s still hungry, I think blood suits her diet, it could fill her up and replenish her energy. Any volunteers?’ Yixing asked. ‘I’ll give her my blood, I went hunting earlier.’ The one with high cheekbones said.

‘Once she’s done, put her in my room. She needs rest.’ Yixing said once he was done treating your wounds. He had to stitch you up to allow your wounds to close up because it kept worsening and grew larger. ‘You will not! You will send her away once she’s done!’ Minseok protested, you wondered why he was so against you.

 

Was it because you were half vampire?

 

Was it because you were half Lycan?

 

No. It was both.

 

You came to a conclusion that Minseok hated you because you were half vampire and you tainted the pure Lycan’s bloodline. You didn’t ask to be a half vampire and half Lycan, his words stung so much that you felt like crying. You were so angry, you wished that you’ve never broken out of Sierra-Voltiere at all.

With rage sparking within you, you mustered up all the energy you have after eating the raw meat and your wounds healed, swallowing the stitches that Yixing had made. Your eyes changed colour, from (F/C) to glowing violet and sky-blue surrounded by a red rim as your sclera turned black. Your skin turned greyish with black accents in colour and you bared your sharp canines at them, growling as large bat wings that was twice your arm span unfurled behind you.

I am very aware that my presence is very unsettling among your people, Minseok. But know this, I did not become this of my own accord. Without me, your clan will have never existed and so

Please log in to read the full chapter