My Boss and I-Suho

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

For: ilovechangkyunim

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A sharp black suit matched with a burgundy tie, sleek and greased leather shoes echoed down the polished hallway with each confident stride. Yes, the man who walked down the hall with such elegance as others who were following him, drawn to his charisma was none other than your boss, the director of (Company Name) International—Kim Joonmyeon.

‘Good morning, Mr Kim.’ You’d greet him as always whenever you see him. You’re his chief assistant after all and everything and everyone has to go through you before meeting him, kinda like a final boss in games. He’s an influential person and bodyguards are always with him, that goes without saying as you were the one who personally screened through the resumes of the guards to ensure his safety wasn’t in jeopardy.

‘Brief me on my schedule, Ms (L/N).’ he said curtly. ‘Yes, sir.’ As you walked with him, you told him about the meetings and appointments he has for today. You couldn’t help but wonder if he gets tired of your voice every day from droning on and on about boring things like this. It wasn’t a secret to your subordinate aka your friend that you liked him.

Well, what’s not to admire? Aside from the fact regarding his uncountable wealth and the corporate heir of a well-known company, he’s very considerate towards the employees despite his cold demeanour, he has a professional attitude and is very reserved most of the time. His looks are also a bonus but he seems to be hiding something under his cold façade, you knew there was something but you didn’t want to overstep your boundaries as an employee and decided to keep it at that.

‘Would you like me to get you anything, sir?’ you asked as you concluded your briefing. ‘You know what I want.’ The intense gaze in his eyes were focused on you for a while before he slipped into his office and the door was shut behind him. How you manage to go through that every day without melting into a puddle was beyond you.

Many women were interested in him, most of them was because of his fame and wealth but you liked him for he really was, not like those women with hidden agendas. You’ve witnessed so many times that he charmed them with his smile but it was fake of course, you saw through it and as soon as the deal was sealed, he returned to being the cold city guy he is. Not even sparing them a glance.

As you entered his office, he was standing in front of the window, granting him access to the view of Seoul in it’s morning glory from high up. ‘Sir, is there anything else you need?’ you overlapped your hands as you asked him. ‘Nothing else. Before you leave, I’d like to ask you a question.’ This time, he turned around so that he was facing you.

‘What kind of a man do you think I am?’ The question struck you deep. Never in your wildest dreams have you imagined him asking you this question, usually it was only work-related but this was completely different that had you tongue-tied. The aura he gave off was intimidating and screamed masculine, you didn’t even realize that he was right in front of your face as you were lost in your thoughts until he raised your chin so that you were looking directly into his eyes.

Of course, you were flustered at his actions but tried your best to tone it down a level so that it wasn’t obvious that you were about to flail your arms out like a dying octopus. His usual stolid attitude that was well-matched with his stoic expression and authoritative voice turned into a mischievous one as a smirk graced his thin lips.

‘I can see that I’m making you fluster, Ms (L/N). You’re quite intriguing…’ He trailed off before going back to his desk to sign some documents and contracts. You brisk walked out of the door and it turned into a sprint back to your desk, you sat there in your seat, trying to register what just happened was merely an illusion or reality. He was emotionless for a second and then he gave a devilish smile the next, plunging you into a world of confusion.

Was there more to your boss that you didn’t know? Well, you only met him during work hours and sometimes paid visit to his home whenever he works there to attend to his working needs but this was a first, it felt like he was scheming something and you couldn’t quite put your finger on it. Deciding to focus on work, you hoped that it would distract you from the incident earlier.

Days went by, he went back to normal but not for long as you jinxed your own luck and you currently found yourself trapped between him and the wall. ‘You smell different today… Did you change your shampoo?’ you widened your eyes at him and managed a weak nod. You knew your boss was a detailed and meticulous person but this was a whole new level of detail.

‘I love this smell on you, don’t ever change it.’ Okay, by this time you were sure you were about to explode from his actions as he nuzzled into your hair as if he was trying to remember this specific scent exclusively made for his tastes. ‘Sir, you’re too close to me and this is very inappropriate especially during work hours where other employees might walk in and misunderstand the current situation.’ You gulped, trying your best to explain in a rational voice.

‘I don’t care. I want you and that’s final.’ You could detect the possessiveness in his voice and pictured a dragon coveting and hoarding gold in it’s lair like he’s doing to you right now. ‘Do you have any idea how you have me hanging by the last thread of sanity and took me every ounce of willpower not to covet you for myself for the last three years?’ he whispered in your ear, holding you in a steel embrace and refusing to let you go. The sirens are blaring in your head, signalling that if you let this went on, it would be dangerous to escape.

 

But then again, this is Kim Joonmyeon, how could you possibly hope to escape from a man like him?

 

In the three years you’ve worked under him, Joonmyeon developed an intense crush for you the moment you walked through those double doors. And knowing the fact that you were just situated outside his office meant that he gets to see you every time he goes in and out of his office, it was only a brief moment but he fell in love with the way you sorted out his paperwork with those hands of yours and wished you would touch him the same way you’d hold those papers or even talking to him with that voice when you take calls from clients.

Of course, it felt foreign to him seeing as he’s never received love throughout his entire life, not even from his parents who were busy with work. He was only taught mannerisms, politeness and other stuff a rich corporate heir should learn in order to inherit the company in the future and that made him shut down his feelings completely because he deemed it useless and would only obstruct his work. Another reason was that he had no one to show his feelings to so he decided it was best not to burden anyone with it until you came along and made the dam that was supposed to keep his feelings at bay to gush out and flood his entire being in a rush down his system.

‘You treat me so differently, you laugh in the company of other men but you never do it with me. Tell me what I should do to win your affections. I want you so bad. And I want you to want me too.’ This time, I could really see the pain in his eyes. ‘I notice all the little details, the things you do and your unconcious habits. Even as I live in solitude in my own home, my thoughts constantly drift over to you. Please tell me you feel as desperate as I do.’ He held your hands in his own.

You couldn’t believe this was happening but things were progressing too fast to your own liking. ‘Sir—‘ ‘I forbid you to call me that when we’re in private.’ He glanced up and waited expecting his name to roll off your tongue anytime soon. ‘Okay… Uhm… J-Joonmyeon, I think we should take it slowly. And for starters, you don’t have to use a formal tone everytime, it gets awkward after a while.’ You pointed out and he listened attentively.

‘Alright, is there anything else I should take note of?’ ‘Nothing at the moment but please don’t be so stoic and stiff all the time, that would be all.’ You didn’t want to ask too much of him seeing as you were still trying to test the waters, you knew he was a good person at heart but you just didn’t want to take a head-dive only to crash right into ground later on.

‘I’m only stiff when you’re around, you make my emotions and control fly out of the window and go haywire.’ He winked as you saw yourself out of his office after he decided to let you resume your work and that right there, was the start of your relationship with your boss.

Not even a mere two weeks into your new relationship with him and already, he has asked you to move in and live with him. You didn’t mind living with him since he lives in a large estate but what you didn’t expect was the fact you had to sleep on the same bed next to him! No matter how much you insisted on sleeping in the room next door, he refused to unlock it and forcing you to sleep in the same room as him.

You were terrified if he would do inappropriate things to you but turns out he’s a cuddle monster, he was persistent and wouldn’t let you go even if you were trying to get ready for work. You were careful not to mention about your relationship with the employees since you didn’t want his reputation to be damaged but the fact that he says that he doesn’t care what the others think made you hyperventilate even more.

‘Darling, what should we do tonight? My paperwork are all finished and I’m sure yours were completed as well.’ He asked, making himself comfortable in your seat. ‘I was thinking of watching a movie after dinner, I want to relax after a long day of work.’ You stretched your tired form. ‘I apologize if I gave you too much work, I just don’t want to show favouritism in workplace even though we’re a couple.’ He sighed, feeling guilty.

‘You don’t have to be sorry, I know you’re only doing what’s right for the company.’ You shot him a smile of understanding and he swore that his heart would’ve jumped out towards you if his ribcage wasn’t there to restrain it. ‘I love you, do you know that?’ he smiled lovingly. ‘I know but it’s embarassing to say that out loud.’ ‘I’ll say it as many times as you want me to, I’ll never get tired of it.’

Joonmyeon took you out on fancy dates, expensive places some could only dream of and treated you to lavish meals and dresses. Only the best for my queen… he would say. While you were truly content with him opening up to you, he wanted more of you, to be greedy and be the only person to know you in and out, drinking you down into his soul like sweet ambrosia gifted by heavens.

Well, your happiness didn’t last very long as another woman entered his life. Chosen by Joonmyeon’s father, Jung Yuri is to be his fiancee and that shattered your heart. You maintained a professional image, keeping your relationship with Joonmyeon a secret to everyone but this woman keeps going in and out of Joonmyeon’s office as she pleases on her whim irked you. She bosses everyone around like she owns the place which made Joonmyeon very irritated.

‘Yah, (F/N)! Go make me some tea! What kind of incompetent assisstant are you? How did you even get promoted to be Joonmyeon’s chief assisstant with an attitude like this?’ Her words were dipped with venom with each syllable she hurled at you and you were sure that her neck would’ve been snapped so easily like a twig if you didn’t restrain yourself.

Joonmyeon was out meeting and wasn’t expected to be back until a month later so it was up to you keep track of everything so that you could report everything to him once he’s back. Well, you did keep in contact with him as he’d call you every day before you went to sleep due to the timezone difference but he made you promise that you’d never talk about work when he’s away unless it’s something you couldn’t handle on your own.

‘Honey, I’m shortening my trip to two weeks. I’ll be back as quickly as I can okay?’ Ahh, his voice sends sharp tingles down your spine and it made you feel very relaxed every time he does that. ‘Okay.’ You replied shortly but it was as if he could pick up the sadness in your tone that he decided to ask. ‘Are you alright? You sound… Crestfallen. Tell me, is there anything I can do to cheer you up?’

‘It’s nothing you should be worrying about, I’m fine.’ You bit your lip as you lied. ‘Love, if this is because you’re having period cramps then I’ll instruct the maid to fetch you a heating pad and chocolates I’ve stocked up for you. Ahh… I wish I could be right next to you this instant and calm you down. Do tell me if gets severe yeah? I’ll take you to see a doctor to see if he can alleviate your pain.’ A worried Joonmyeon is always cute to watch, he’s the type to shove anything he knows that’ll make you feel better until you actually feel like you’re not about to destroy everything.

‘Joonmyeon, I’m fine, it’s nothing like that.’ You tried to convince him again. ‘Nonsense, I have to take care of my darling. After all, you’ll be bearing my children in the future and I expect to have more than one.’ He hung up abruptly. The mirthfulness in his tone made your brain go blank and it took you nearly a minute to process his words and organize your thoughts before slamming yourself into the pillow which held his scent. ‘Arghh…! Kim Joonmyeon, you will be the death of me!’ you screamed into the pillow in embarassment.

Today was the day you were supposed to go and fetch Joonmyeon from the airport but due to unforeseen circumstances—mountains of paperwork, you told the driver to go fetch him since you had to stay back.

Yuri burst through the doors and slammed a hand down on your desk, you didn’t flinch in fear or showed anything in response which made her agitated since you were used to her antics. ‘May I help you, Ms Jung?’ you asked curtly but in an annoyed voice. ‘What’s your relationship with Joonmyeon?! Tell me the truth or I’ll have you sacked!’ she threatened.

‘With all due respect Ms Jung, the only authority who has the power to do so is my boss—Mr Kim. I’m only his subordinate and as you can see the paperwork for him to sign has piled up, now if you’ll excuse me, I have more important things to do.’ You answered in a bored tone. ‘Don’t lie to me! I know you’re having an affair with him!’ you widened your eyes in shock, the fountain pen in your hand dropped to a mute thud on the fur carpet.

‘Excuse me?’ ‘Don’t try and play dumb with me, you . How could you seduce another woman’s fiance?!’ she screamed in outrage. You have to solve this before the employees outside come in to investigate. ‘Please lower your voice, Ms Jung. This is a workplace and a commotion will disrupt the employees’ focus.’ ‘Don’t tell me what to do, . I’m his fiancee, he’s mine and you’re just a hook up, a temporary fling to satiate his carnal desire.’ The words she said were cutting you like a chainsaw.

Even though she made your temper flare up but for the sake of Joonmyeon’s image, you swallowed your pride and her words. Joonmyeon barely touched you and the most he would go for was a hug before he sleeps or go to work, he wouldn’t even kiss you because he’s so afraid of losing control. But her words had a sort of hold on you, was it real? The fact that you were only there to fulfill his needs and only to be replaced someone else.

‘If you understand the magnitude of my words, break it off with him. He deserves someone better like me, rich people have reputations to uphold and if you tarnish his image just for an Alexander McQueen dress or a Michael Korrs handbag, I’ll make sure you’ll never be able to get a job anywhere in the world.’ By this time, you were about to go insane. The amount of words and venom she threw at you piled up in your heart and you just couldn’t take it anymore.

‘You’re only marrying him for the sake of business between your families, you only wanted his wealth like all the women before you but I, on the other hand, am different than you. I would never seek to covet his wealth and for your information, it was him who fell in love with me. I didn’t seduce him, I’m not about to stoop that low.’ The anger in your voice didn’t go unnoticed and she gritted her teeth in anger.

‘Hmm…? Where’s (F/N)?’ he asked his driver. ‘Ms (L/N) is still at the office because she had paperwork to deal with but I sense a storm brewing, sir.’ The driver informed. ‘Why?’ ‘One of Ms (L/N)’s assistants told me he saw Ms Jung heading to your office and from the looks of it, she’s very umpleased.’ Hearing this, he knew what’s about to go down.

Joonmyeon arrived in time to see you get slapped by Yuri and you nearly hit your head on the sharp corner of the table if he hadn’t been there to cushion your fall. ‘Are you alright, love?!’ he asked, concern lacing his tone as he propped you up. It took only one look at the forming red on your cheeks and his defensive gear kicked in, Joonmyeon’s protective mode is the fiercest you’ve ever seen, even much fiercer than your family’s.

‘You’ve gone too far, Yuri!’ he shouted. The bodyguards came rushing in upon hearing the raise in his voice, ‘Is there anything wrong, sir?’ ‘I’m fine, do not allow anyone else in even if it’s regarding work that’s pending for my signature. I’d like to have a word with Ms Jung here.’ The guards nodded and filed out, shutting the doors behind them and kept watch outside like loyal hounds.

‘Why are you protecting that wench, Joonmyeon?’ As he helped you up and kept you in a protective hold by securing his arm around your waist, Joonmyeon casted a cold gaze as his eyes glazed over her entire form and held nothing but disgust in his heart for the woman in front of him.

‘Watch your tongue, Yuri. This wench you’re speaking of is my lover, the woman I desire the most in this godforsaken world. She will be the only woman I look at, now and for eternity like a sunflower looking only at the sun and this woman will be my true fiancee! My future wife who will bear me all my children!’ The words he hurled at her had that sort of power,

Please log in to read the full chapter