Chronophantasia-D.O

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! A gift for all of you~

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sure, everyone at some point in your life told you that time-travelling was physically impossible with factors such as insufficient knowledge, tools and materials to build the said machine, it made sense why humans haven’t gone on the adventure yet. Then there’s the risk of it falling into the wrong hands, altering timelines and disrupting the timeflow, all that bull.

Albert Einstein would’ve been proud of the scientists who made it.

As you sat in your seat while the professor went droning on and on about fundamentals of chemical equations at the front, you were daydreaming about how you could get the hell out of this boring class with each different scenario where one of the being you teleport behind the professor and shut her up by karate chop on her vital point and made her faint.

When class was dismissed, you trudged towards the library, dreading the research you had to do on several elements in the periodic table for your assignment. ‘You look like you could use some rest, dear.’ ‘Yeah, haven’t had enough sleep for the last few weeks. I had to juggle between my job and my studies.’ You yawned.

‘Why don’t you go to the back and use the librarian’s lounge, dear (F/N)? I’m sure you’ll get some rest there.’ The elderly woman said with a smile. ‘Are you sure? Because it’s only for authorized personnel only and I don’t feel like I should be—‘ the woman cut you off with a smile and gestured towards the back of the huge library. ‘Child, you’ve helped a senile old woman like me ever since you first came here and this is the least I can do for you.’

‘There are a few surprises in there but I’m sure one of them is to your liking. Oh and it’s okay if you don’t return.’ She smiled. The last part of her sentence made you confused but you went anyway after the old woman gave you a key. …And for him… The old woman sighed, watching your figure slowly fade away and disappeared behind the wooden door.

Living in the harsh reality of the 21st century made you a realistic person, you didn’t believe in fairy tales and whatnot, kings and queens maybe but dragons, mermaids and the like were just beyond your comprehension. As soon as you stepped into the room and shut the door behind you, it immediately disappeared as if it never existed at all.

Frantic, you pound on the wall where the door used to be, trying to look for an exit while convincing yourself it was the lack of sleep causing you to hallucinate. After a good ten minutes, it appears that the door still wouldn’t manifest no matter how much to you tried to convince yourself. Sighing, you put your messenger bag down and slumped in the bean bag chair.

What’s this…? Your eyes wandered over to a few books on the small table and a freshly brewed tea that appeared out of nowhere. Or maybe you were just too tired to take notice that it was actually there all along. Sautering over tiredly, your eyes scanned over the titles on the books. None caught your interest until you reached the second last book.

‘The Empress’s Groom…’ you read the title out loud. Grabbing the cup of tea and the book, you flipped to the first page. You could tell the book has been around for quite some time and was also the original copy judging by the appearance and the smell the moment you opened it.

Sipping the tea and making yourself comfortable, you skipped the introduction and to the first chapter. Shockingly, there weren’t any words on the brown page. It was the same when you flipped to the other pages until the middle where there was a bookmark. It looked ancient and held the scent of jasmine and a few other herbs that stimulated your brain.

The bookmark glowed, it’s gold tassel floating in the air and a bright cyan light appeared in the middle of the book where the bookmark was originally placed. As if someone forcing you to hold onto the bookmark, you gripped it tightly in your hand before feeling yourself being pressed down into the unknown, your eyes automatically shutting down along with your brain.

Your eyes open to a ceiling with light green silk canopy, like a focusing lens, your blurry sight soon became crystal clear and landed on maids who were poking at your garment. You scurried further away in shock and trying your best to analyze the current situation you were in.

One of the maids went outside, leaving you with another two who merely stared at you until one of them touched your bag. ‘Don’t touch my stuff…!’ you hissed, glaring at the female who backed away in fear. With a shivering hand, she returned it back to you and you snatched it from her. Eyeing both of them if either one of them tries to do something funny.

A man burst through the double doors, wearing what looks like the imperial robe and crown, a stoic look set in his face and took large strides. This man must be the king looking at his appearance alone and your suspicions were further confirmed when the maids bowed in respect to him.

‘His Majesty, the emperor…!’ the maid cried. ‘You should bow down too…’ the girl beside you whispered. You weren’t the type to just bow to anyone, not even the person right in front of you is a king. ‘I refuse.’ You replied, earning gasps of shock and whispers. ‘Leave us.’ The emperor ordered, not once did his gaze leave yours as he did so.

‘Who are you and how did you get here?’ he questioned. ‘That’s what I’d like to know myself. As for who I am, I’m not someone of importance to you. Rest assured that I’m not a spy.’ You crossed your arms. ‘True, your clothes do seem different than ours but how would I know if you aren’t a spy simply because you said so yourself?’ he arched an eyebrow at you.

‘Look, king, emperor, whatever your title is. I don’t care where this is or who you are, I just want to get back to where I originally came from.’ You sighed. ‘You dare to speak in such manner in my presence? How rude!’ he exclaimed, obviously offended by your choice of words. ‘And what’s with this strange form of attire you’re wearing? It’s too revealing!’ he continued, pointing at your ripped skinny jeans, combat boots, tank top and a hoodie.

‘Excuse me, Your Majesty. If you haven’t actually opened your eyes and noticed by now, I’m not from this era. I’m from the future generation, born approximately 1300 years later.’ The emperor went into such a shock that he couldn’t even utter a word. ‘I don’t believe you.’ He said as he regained his composure. Sighing, you pulled up your sleeve and showed him the digital watch you were wearing.

‘This thing, it’s called a digital wristwatch in my time. It tells us the precise hour of the day.’ You pressed a button and the numbers lit up in a neon blue colour. He was convinced this time and observed you from head to toe before asking for your name.

‘I don’t plan on staying here long but I’ll tell you my name at least, that’s if you’re going to even bother remember mine among the names of your officials. It’s (F/N) (L/N).’ you introduced yourself. ‘I’m Emperor Do Kyungsoo, ruler of the Do Dynasty and The White Dragon.’ You held your hand out for him to shake but he looked at you, puzzled.

‘You just grab my hand and shake it, it’s what we do in our time when we meet new people.’ ‘Interesting, your customs intrigue me.’ He hesitated but eventually reached out and shook your hands, a smile carved on his face. ‘Enlighten me, what is your age?’ ‘You know, in my era, it’s considered rude to ask a woman’s age.’ You stated. ‘It is?! I apologize if I have offended you, please accept my apology!’ the young emperor apologized profusely.

‘I haven’t even finished my sentence yet, to most women, they consider it offensive but not me. I’m 21 this year and still a student while working, I’ve been so busy that I barely have time to go see someone.’ You sighed, thinking back on your current situation. ’21 years old and still not yet wedded? Is this also considered as normal in your era?’ you nodded your head in response to his question.

‘I hear that kings your age are already married by 15 or even younger, does your wife know that you’re seeing me here?’ you asked. It seems that Kyungsoo was thrown off by your question but he answered it nonetheless. ‘It’s true, the king will be married once they are of age but sadly, I have yet to find a woman of my own choice and the ministers have been pestering me to find a woman or they will do so on my behalf.’ This time, it was his turn to sigh.

‘That’s kinda stupid if you ask me, people have the right to find their own love no matter how long it takes or where they’re from, it doesn’t matter what people think. All that matters is that you’re happy with the one you love.’ You sat back on the bed. ‘I’m well aware of that but as a ruler, I cannot forsake my duty to my subjects and the insterests of a kingdom because of a woman. My kingdom and my people comes first, my loved ones come second and my own interests in the last place.’ There was a melancholic tone to his voice.

‘You’ll make a great king, if you don’t stray from your course.’ You reassured him. Talking to him felt like talking to an old friend, you were comfortable with him and you wouldn’t mind talking for hours on end. ‘I have decided, you shall be my bride.’ You whipped your head to look at him, shock written all over your face.

‘Look, you may be the emperor of this kingdom but I can still pack a punch straight up your if this isn’t a joke!’ you gritted your teeth. ‘I beg your pardon?’ he merely looked at you with his large eyes in confusion. He must not understand what you’re talking about judging by the look on his face, the modern words had slangs and accents in it so of course he wouldn’t.

‘What I’m saying is, if this is a joke, I will beat you into a bloody pulp.’ ‘I’d like to see you try that, Lady (F/N) but I can easily overpower you if I want to. Do not tempt me.’ He warned, a gleam dancing in his eyes. ‘You will be my wife, to silence the ministers’ incessant urges—‘ ‘I’m not a tool for you to use, you prick.’ Your anger started to bubble on the surface.

‘Please do not interrupt me when I’m speaking, dear (F/N). You should know that your tongue will be your downfall should you blabber the wrong words. And as I was saying earlier before you so graciously interrupted me, I will use you to silence them and another matter is simply because I have taken a liking to you.’ You were stunned at his words, as elegant and graceful as he is however, the fact still doesn’t change that he’s trying to force you to marry him.

‘I will not hear anymore of this, I have state affairs to attend to. I will have the guards you to the Jade Chamber and the maids will be waiting there, I will have dinner with you after this and please do not attempt anything foolish. Until then, please rest well.’ He then left you all alone in the room.

Rest well…? I’ll rest well when I get out of this hole…! You cursed in your thoughts as the doors opened again to reveal imperial guards in armours to you to the room. The palace was undoubtedly big that you were sure that you’ll be lost if you didn’t have a map. Once inside, the maids were all waiting, a fresh set of robes and countless ornaments in a jewelery box lay on the bed.

‘Aw hell no, what is this?!’ you demanded. ‘His Majesty has ordered us to prepare you, he would like to introduce you to his officials as his empress.’ The head of the maids spoke. ‘I’m not here to play games of kings and queens, I want to get out of here.’ ‘We are merely doing as per His Majesty’s orders, now if you would please, strip yourself and enter the bath the maids have drawn for you, strange maiden.’

Knowing you have no choice in this matter, you ped your hoodie and took off your tank, they only observed you as they scanned you from head to toe. You were still wearing your sports bra and with your ripped jeans hanging low on your hips, the shape of your abs are prominent that one could clearly see the lines forming a divot down to your hips.

‘What is this peculiar thing you’re wearing…?’ one of the maids ask, pointing towards the sports bra you were wearing. ‘Oh this? It’s a 21st century clothing worn by women to hold up their chest and protect it so that it doesn’t hurt a lot when we do extreme activities.’ The maids went ‘ohh’ in unison. You were about to laugh but you kept your composure and stepped into the bath once completely stripped.

Damn, you had to give it to them, the bath was to your liking since the water was just warm and calmed your nerves but you hated it when they start lathering soap and oil on your hair and your skin. It’s not like you couldn’t do it by yourself but they wouldn’t let you do it and proceeded scrubbing away until they deemed you squeaky clean for the emperor’s liking.

They didn’t have perfumes back in ancient times, so they used fragrant oil to rub all over your skin as well as incense. Just as they were unused to your clothing, you were not used to wearing silk robes and sashes. They did your hair and hell, it hurt so much that you were beginning to question whether they were trying to tie your hair up or trying to wrench them out of their roots as you winced in pain.

‘Done. You look gorgeous, young maiden.’ The head maid beamed. You nearly pissed yourself when you looked into the mirror they gave you. Makeup, gold earrings, necklace, hair ornaments and other jewelery adorned your body parts. Who the hell is this?!

‘His Majesty, the emperor, has asked for your presence in the great hall.’ A eunuch reported. ‘You musn’t keep His Majesty waiting, you have to go now!’ she urged and pushed you out of the room. Great. Might as well enjoy this drama while it lasts. You groaned internally as you shuffled down the corridor, trying to get used to the new shoes and the clothes.

‘Presenting Her Highness, the princess consort!’ the guard announced. Since when were you a princess? And now the emperor’s consort? Things were moving too fast for you to understand. The double doors opened and you walked in, stopping at the entrance. There stood Kyungsoo at the end of the hall, the emperor in his blue and silver robes lined with white fur, a gold crown atop his head and flanked by his ministers below the steps.

Instinctively, you walked down the red carpet, your dress trailing behind you like a phoenix’s majestic tail. You only focused on walking up the steps towards him in hopes of not tripping until you arrived at the top.

‘Look at me.’ He demanded. You refused at first but gradually held your head up so that he could see you. And oh, it was a mistake on his part. The moment he gazed into your orbs where he could see his own reflection was the moment where he fell into the spider’s trap, if your wittiness wasn’t enough to charm him, seeing you in clothes of his era captivated him even more.

What else does this woman have in store for me? He smirked and turned to the ministers. ‘I declare this woman, (F/N) (L/N) as mine. She’s to be my wife, the woman no man shall ever touch and I will not accept any other woman as my concubine! Bow down to your new empress!’ he ordered. ‘Long live the empress! Long live the empress!’ The hall erupted into a series of chants.

‘I did not ask for this.’ You asked through gritted teeth and gave him the hardest glare you could muster while his subjects were distracted. ‘Correct, you did not. I did. My kingdom, my rules. Disobey, you die. Though I very much prefer you alive by my side as I rule.’ He twirled you’re a few strands of your hair with his fingers.

‘Now then, let’s eat!’

Throughout the entire dinner, he watched as you picked at your food angrily as if it had offended you and it made him chuckle to see you act this way, he found it rather amusing. ‘This is Jongin, he will be your tutor and he’s responsible in teaching you everything you need to know about my kingdom. I trust he’ll do an excellent job.’ He introduced you to a young man with a skin tone slightly darker than his. ‘Ah, you are beautiful as they say, it’s wonderful to meet you in person.’ He bowed and you spotted a jealous Kyungsoo glaring down at him as he did so.

The consort chamber was large, almost twice the size of your bedroom. Silk sheets and goose-feathered pillow, it was really comfy and you fell asleep almost instantly in a dreamless sleep. The next morning, you woke up quite early and you sighed seeing that you were still stuck in the same place, proving that this wasn’t a dream after all.

Again, the maids filed in and did everything for you, it was good but it annoyed you a lot. You were briefed on your schedule for the day and you found out that you had training in order to be empress before the wedding day which was in four months time.

You tried searching for ways to escape but everything proved futile after days of trying. You had to learn decorum, attire, ettiquette, the palace and the history of the kingdom itself. You’re good at memorizing things and studying was not a problem. The real problem was the emperor himself.

Kyungsoo was always asking to see you, taking walks in the gardens or having meals with you and visiting you. You got to know him better but you still couldn’t trust him fully. As you were bathing, you felt at peace until you heard some noise and picked up the bow and arrow that you kept beside the tub. Just as you rose from the water, you found yourself aiming at a startled Kyungsoo who burst through the doors.

His startled expression turned into a smirk as he saw you fluster and panic, sitting back down in the tub to cover your body as the waters rippled to your movement and the flower petals that were sticking onto your body before went back to floating on the water, doing an excellent job at keeping you obscurred from his view.

‘I apologize for barging in like this when I heard you went missing but I certainly wouldn’t mind a surprise like this awaiting me in my chambers.’ Heavens, you felt like giving this man a slap so hard his smirk would cease to exist. ‘You want me to be waiting in your bedroom with an arrow pointed right in your face? Alright, I can work with that.’ You answered sassily.

‘You outside there, leave us be!’ he ordered. ‘Yes, Your Majesty.’ Came the reply and cue footsteps shuffling out the room followed by a shut. ‘We can talk freely without anyone hearing. Now tell me, why is it do you have a bow and a quiver of arrows with

Please log in to read the full chapter