Stars-Suho

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ever since the beginning of time, mankind has always been fascinated with the stars that decorated the night sky. Either they were in little clusters or by itself in the sky, they were beautiful and breath-taking as they shone brightly in the sky like little diamonds.

The star, as explained in science, a luminous sphere of plasma held together by its own gravity. Made out of gaseous nebula and other substance, shining in the sky because of thermonuclear fusion of helium and hydrogen in its core. They can live up to billions of years in the outer space.

 

Well, that was from scientists’ point of view of course.

 

There was an ancient race called Luminos, given to them by humans in Latin, meaning to shed light in dark. They are the star spirits. Like humans, they have their own society, their own laws and their appearance are almost similar to that of a human’s, only difference is that their skin would glow faintly during the day and much brighter during the night depending on their heat and core colours.

 

 

And this is my story.

 

 

I was born several hundred thousands of years ago, I was there to see the rise and fall of civilizations and empires. Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Chinese, English, each and every one of them from all over the world from the sky.

Unlike my siblings, parents and ancestors, I found humans fascinating. They are similar to us in many ways, especially by appearance. Humans are transient creatures, a very short lifespan but for us—the stars of the universe, we too live and die but we have an average lifespan that is far longer than any living being, 20 billion years at max.

‘Where are you going again, (F/N)?’ My eldest brother, Fandral asked. ‘To see humans again, the routine never changes, Fan.’ My third brother, Leonis answered before I could say anything. ‘There’s nothing wrong with that. They’re so interesting to watch, I don’t know why you’re so against them.’ I retaliated, glaring at them.

‘We never said it was wrong, (F/N). But must you really go down personally everyday just to watch them?’ Orion, my tenth brother asked me. ‘Just because she doesn’t share your interest in playing asteroid ball on the orbits, doesn’t mean you can make her stay here, Ri.’ Andromeda my second sister crossed her arms as she backed me up.

‘Mother said it’s our duty to take care of you girls and not to let any form of harm come to you, what if one of you suddenly went off course and decide to crash on one of the planets in Solar Spherus? That wouldn’t be good and you know what the Elder Lumos said.’ Cepheus interrupted.

This soon turned into a fight with Draco, Altair, Alterion and the triplets—Atlas, Electra and Celaeno from the Pleiades joining in and bickering along with Andromeda, Gacrux, Cygni, Centauri, Hydrus and Auriga.

Eridanus, Lyrae, Alcyone, Australis, Castor, Polaris, Sirius and Vega, my other siblings only stood aside and watch us bicker with various expressions plastered on their faces. My guess is that either that they found us arguing amongst ourselves are amusing or they were bored and just wanted good entertainment.

‘Enough!’ I yelled loud enough for them to hear. All of them stopped mid-sentence and turned to look at me. ‘I’m only going down for a while, it’s not like I’m not coming back ever.’ I tried to persuade them. Most of them sighed looking at me, I know I’m younger than them. Just because I’m the 73rd Ultima Caelestis doesn’t mean I don’t get to do what I want.

‘Hey (F/N), can I go with you?’ My younger sister—Lanx asked, tugging lightly on my wrist. ‘Someday, when you’re older then you can come. It’s not your time yet but I promise I’ll take you to Gaia.’ I smiled at her.

I took off to Gaia, this time I landed in the modern city of Seoul in South Korea. The last time I visited here, it was during Gojoseon Dynasty around 2333 BC. That was a really long time ago and I didn’t mind visiting here once again, I might learn a few more things that could help me understand more about humans.

As I glided past the sky with my celestial wings, I could see all the continents and the seas, it really amazes me how Gaia had changed so much over the course of time. Without the need of what humans call the small things that lets them know the hour of the day, I already know that it’s 3 hours way past midnight. Just the perfect time for me to land without anyone noticing my presence in this quiet little park.

‘E-Excuse me but are you an angel…?’ I heard a voice ask. Oh no… I thought internally, frozen at the exact same spot. ‘Uhh… Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone what I’ve seen here so would you mind telling me what you are because I know you’re not human.’

‘Very well then, human. I am (F/N), 73rd Ultima Caelestis of the Solar Spherus, 1st Aqua Lumina Flumen Argentum, Agro Stellarum or in your language, the 73rd Final Celestial of the solar system, 1st Blue Light of the Milky Way, the universe. Only 175,000 light years away from your planet.’ The human dropped his jaw in awe.

‘Y-You…! You are a star! That’s impossible!’ He stuttered. ‘Well, you saw me descending from the sky and I am very sure that you humans do not consider this as normal, yes?’ I tried very hard to speak in their native language, took me years to learn all of them and now, I’m able to speak fluently without mixing them up with my language back at home.

‘And yes, I am what you call a star here on Gaia. You humans have the most peculiar languages I have ever spoken, how is it that your tongues do not get tangled?’ I asked them, curiosity at its peak. ‘If I answer your questions, will you promise to answer mine?’ I nodded briefly, agreeing to exchange knowledge.

The human smiled and gestured for me to follow him, asking a lot of questions along the way. ‘My name is Joonmyeon and I’m an astrologist and a professor at a local university. 'Tell me, umm… (F/N)… What’s it like living in outer space?’ ‘You mean the Solar Spherus? It’s cold and I live at the very edge of it, allows me to access to other parts of the Flumen and even to parts of Stellarum.’ I answered as we walked, or rather, he was the one doing the walking because I was floating a few centimetres above the ground until we reached a transportation device called ‘car’.

‘Darn it! It won’t start!’ Joonmyeon cursed after trying to restart his car for a few times. ‘Is it broken?’ I asked him. ‘It shouldn’t be that fast, I just bought this car a couple of months ago and it’s still new.’ He grumbled and took out another device, I think it was called a ‘phone’? ‘Does it run on petroleum?’ ‘No, it’s a solar car. It would seem that I ran out of sunlight, I forgot to charge it under the sun.’

‘I can solve your problem if you want.’ I offered my help. ‘How? There’s no light here.’ He looked up at the dark sky, only the moon was present and the weak radiance couldn’t be absorbed much. ‘You said that I’m a star so what do you humans know about stars?’ ‘Shine bright and illuminate the sky with your light…?’ He guessed. ‘Correct. And what accompanies light? What do you feel when the sun burns your skin?’

 

‘That’s it! Genius! Wait, you can do that?’ I smirked at him. ‘Watch closely and be amazed.’ My eyes turned bright blue like a swirling blue galaxy, my skin glowed brighter than before and a whitish-blue, flame-like object resembling a quiver made of pure light forms behind me. As I draw my arms out, the energy surged through my skin and into my palms as the light projected from the light quiver s around my arms and projected it on the solar panel of the car.

Immediately, the car lights were shining again as soon as he started the car again and gestured for me to climb in. We moved for almost half an hour before arriving at him home, which looked luxurious and posh to me.

‘Come in and make yourself at home. Want something to drink?’ He grinned, I can tell he’s excited judging by the heat that he’s radiating and the chemical imbalance in his brain. ‘No thank you, I believe our diets are quite different.’ ‘So what do you eat then?’ He looked at me as he drank a clear liquid.

‘Mostly consumption of light, nebulae and other forms of gases.’ ‘How do you even eat light? I mean, I thought you ate solid food like us.’ He said and pointed towards the refrigerator. ‘Unlike humans, we do not possess digestive system or any of those systems that are contained inside a human body. Therefore, we do not eat any form of food, just absorbing from the light itself would suffice.’

He asked me a lot of questions, such as the colour and heat of my core. Since I’m a blue star, my heat could reach over 30,000 degree Celsius. ‘Wow… A type O blue star with radius 15 times bigger and 6 times hotter than the sun, right in front of my eyes… But how am I not scorched right now?’ ‘I can control my luminosity, if I let all out, Gaia and all other planets would cease to exist, even the sun itself even though it is also a star like me.’

We chatted until it was time for me to leave, it was fun conversing with humans. All this time, I’ve been waiting and watching them, and now, I get to talk to them. This inexplicably wonderful feeling!

Fandral, Leonis, Andromeda, Hydrus, Altair and others welcomed me home, asking me if the trip to Gaia was pleasant and I merely replied ‘yes’ to my brothers but to my sisters, they’d want the juicy details and I could only trust them so I waited until my brothers were gone to play asteroid ball, which is equivalent to a human’s football and using huge chunks

Please log in to read the full chapter