Nephilim-Suho

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I have no idea what I've written, I'm on a writer's block so forgive me if it's a lot tier compared to my other ones. T^T
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There was a time when the Nephilim race flourished but due to the tremendous power they wielded, they were wiped out in the dispute between angels and demons for mankind’s soul. Over the centuries, their numbers have dwindled and eventually went into extinction, no trace of their kind were left as the demons hunted them.

They made sure every single one of them was hunted down, annihilated and no evidence of them. However, no matter how careful the demons are, there will always be a fault in their methods. One of them survived the horde, thanks to her parents’ efforts and they made sure she was prepared for what was to come by the time she fully matured into a full-fledged Nephilim.

 

20 years later…

Here you are, sitting in a very inappropriate position for a girl in a mall watching EXO’s fan sign event from afar. Every guy who passed you by has either been flirting at you or giving you weird looks. Well, black leather trench coat, a white hoodie with gold stripes to pair with black leather pants and combat boots that reached your thighs. You had fingerless gloves on and wristblades hidden under your sleeves, your other weapons were stored away in another dimension should the need to use it arise but for now, you’d lay low.

Word’s gotten around is that a demon is escaping into the human world and you had to be the pest exterminator, you groaned inwardly as you watched the fangirls squeal and scream as they met their idols. As a Nephilim, you were granted vast amounts of ability. As such, one of them that you’ve unlocked is the ability to manipulate people’s minds—conscious and subconscious.

Your physical endurance was greater than a human’s of course, that goes without saying and your agility and flexibility surpassed that of a human’s as well. It flows naturally in your blood and let’s not get started with your affinity with weapons.

You jolted as you felt the rift below your feet ripping apart, making way for the demon to access directly into the human world. Everyone screamed and when it came to the terms of survival, those poor idols were left behind to their doom as everyone trampled on each other to escape. Oh, the ugliness of humanity and their fear of the unknown.

Taking this as a cue to make a move, you casted a psychic barrier on EXO so that no harm would come to them and sealed all the exits after the civilians had emptied the mall. ‘Hey girl, you should come inside here with us where it’s safer!’ You heard Sehun call out and beckoning you to come over. ‘I’m not.’ ‘Why? You’ll die!’ Chanyeol tried to burst through the shield but obviously, it doesn’t work that way.

‘It’s an occupational hazard. Now, sit still and let me finish my job. Then I can get home and continue my games.’ You said in a bored tone as your katanas appeared on both sides of your hips and on your back. Your swords—The Oneiroi, glowed a bright violet in unison and each were named after the Greek deities of dream due to their abilities to manipulate the trinity races’ minds.

‘Hey, meathead! Over here, you pathetic piece of !’ you shouted, a grin on your face. Oh, ’s about to go down right now. The demon heard you and came charging, you weren’t that stupid to let it run you over like a lawnmower so you waited for the right time and jumped with a slight flap of your giant metal wings before creating a large gold slash into the demon’s back with Morpheus as you made a front flip and landed safely on the ground.

The demon was furious and came charging at you, trying to grab you. This time, using Icelos to conjure up images of a huge shark to distract it, you went to close up the rift before lesser demons could pass through. It was hard work but it wasn’t the first time you’ve done this.

Styxians, the lost souls who could not find rest burst forth with their demonic appearance and weapons in hand. ‘Aw …’ you cursed as you threw Icelos at the giant demon’s back and unsheathed Phantasos instead. You made slashes to conjure up projectiles and swung it on the swarm of Styxians.

A Styxian came running towards you and you pushed your wrist blades out with just a simple pushing gesture, easily slicing through the demon’s throat in a fluid motion. ‘Get. Your. Filthy. Claws. Off. Me.’ You hacked every demon with each word with a golden broadsword named Sekhmet. Blood splattered all over your clothes and face but you continued to kill every single demon until the big one was left.

Morpheus was stuck all the way into its back and it couldn’t pull it out as it ran into every pillar, trying to get rid of it. Deciding to put it out of its misery, you hopped onto its back and you pulled Morpheus out only to jam Sekhmet in. Driving it all the way into the heart as the blade came out from the front of its body, you flipped to the front and watched as the demon got down on its knees, wheezing and disintegrated. You picked up Sekhmet and stored it back into the void as did The Oneiroi.

You walked over towards EXO and disarmed the shield, walking away only to have Suho grab onto your wrist. ‘What are you doing?’ You gave a questioning look as your wrist blades appeared once again. ‘Thank you, for saving our lives. What you did back there, I’ll never forget it.’ He said breathlessly. ‘Trust me, you won’t. Not after what you’ve seen. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a report to submit to my superiors.’ You escorted them out of the building and was about to leave until you received a telepathic message from your superior.

(F/N), get EXO over here immediately. No excuses. You groaned loudly and turned to them. ‘I got new orders from my boss, he wants to have a word with you.’ You placed a hand on your hip, watching them in complete disinterest. They on the other hand, looked completely excited to follow you and they probably felt that way after seeing something so terrifying unveiling before their eyes.

‘Hold on tight, I’m not rescuing you from Limbo if you fall into it.’ You eyed them before asking them to hold each other hands. You went to the end of the circle and held both Suho’s and Lay’s hands, a surge of power shot through your system as you looked up to the sky, your eyes turning silver. The next thing you knew, you were all back at HQ with you coughing out blood and holding on to your boss’s desk for support.

‘Welcome back, (F/N). Travelling using the Astral Plane again eh?’ he grinned. ‘Shut up, psycho. You wanted them here ASAP so I had to expend my limits to transport thirteen people using the Gates. Show some gratitude for my efforts here, would ya?’ you spat the blood out and glared at him. ‘Gates… Astral Plane… What the hell are these?’ Chanyeol scratched his head in confusion. ‘Let him do the explaining, I need to recharge.’ You waved at them and left the office to retire to your room.

As soon as you were out of earshot, your boss—Angelo started explaining to them about your true self. ‘(F/N) (L/N), you can call her the greatest Nephilim to ever exist in over six centuries. I know you’re wondering, what are Nephilims? We are an extinct species, a hybrid between the angels and demons and wield both powers of good and evil. We could cross into other dimensions with relative ease. Of course, this didn’t go unnoticed by the Devil himself and ordered a genocide.’

‘So there ya have it, the summary of a history between good and evil. But she’s a special one, the girl was barely the age of seven and already she possessed amazing psychic abilities. No, we’re not talking about bending spoons with minds. We’re talking about lifting a castle with sheer willpower, smashing a tank into a large heap of metal and those kinds of supernatural powers. It’s impossible for me to achieve that level at that age.’

‘So you have psychic abilities like her too?’ Xiumin asked, clearly interested in the topic. ‘Sadly, no. My powers are limited to enhanced physical attributes, speed, strength, endurance and accuracy in long-ranged projectiles. Unlike me, she can summon weapons from a void, telepathy, dream-walk, conjure psychic shield for long periods of time, telekinesis, astral project and teleportation.’

‘She’s mainly seen using her psychic abilities as her core power but other times, she is also capable of hydrokinesis, cryokinesis, umbrakinesis and various types of shape shifting power. Compared to other Nephilims, she is physically weak and relies greatly on speed when in combat but mentally, she is the most powerful among us. Almost like an impregnable fortress, not even other Nephilim who share similar psychic qualities as her could penetrate her mind. Awesome right? And that’s only her mental powers, haven’t even gotten to her physical qualities!’ he explained excitedly.

‘From the way you’re speaking, it sounds like she’s a goddess or something.’ Suho said, eyeing a hologram of your figure on Angelo’s desk. ‘She’s not omnipotent, no, but she’s not to be messed with like Mother Nature either. You’ll wish you were dead if you got on her bad side. Now, on to her physical attributes.’ He zoomed in on the hologram, starting from your head which showed your face from the front and a side profile.

‘Now, every Nephilim has a heritage of both demons and angels, sometimes, angels and humans or demons and humans. For me, I’m an offspring of a human father and an angel for a mother. The majority of us have human qualities but for her, she’s a mix of demon and angel. No human blood flows through her veins which explains her gifts expanding to such a large scale. You look at her and she looks like a normal teenage girl going through a rebellious phase but through our eyes, her true form is very different from what your human eyes can perceive.’

‘So what exactly does she look like then?’ Sehun scanned your figure. ‘I’ll cast a spell on your eyes then you can see for yourself when she walks in.’ Angelo recited something and held his palm out towards them, a blinding light engulfed them. ‘Why aren’t you changing your form?’ Kai asked, confused. ‘It’s because I can’t, silly. Not yet. We’re still far away from our potential powers but she’s already achieved hers. Now check this out.’ He stood still for a minute, silence consuming the atmosphere.

Quick raps on the door was heard a few seconds later and the door opened, poor EXO had heart attacks as their gazes landed on your form. In a way, you still looked human in terms of physical appearance and stature but horns grew out of your head much like a dragon’s along with a large, silvery blue halo, giant metallic wings folded behind your back, arms that glowed with demonic energy and a long whip-like tail with dim violet flames.

Markings and glyphs decorated your skin but your eyes are terrifying, instead of a white sclera like humans, yours was a never ending abyss of darkness framing your slit lavender orbs compared to your earlier original (E/C).

‘You called?’ you walked straight towards Angelo, not missing the looks of shock they gave you. ‘Why are you looking at me like—Angelo… Did you cast Vision of Judgement over their sense of sight?’ by now, a vein had popped on your temple and your fists were clenched, violet flames swirling around as you gave Angelo a deadly stare.

‘Relax, it’s a temporary effect.’ Angelo held up his hands in defense. ‘Temporary?! Do you have any ing idea how terrifying my Nephilim form is to human eyes? Their minds cannot perceive beings like you, much less mine! They won’t last a second out of your office and what happens if they get dragged into Limbo huh? Or worse, Inferno?!’ you blabbered and ranted, your tail swishing around in annoyance.

‘And what’s the actual reason asking me to bring them here when I could just wipe their memories?’ you crossed your demon arms, tapping your foot. ‘Can’t you sense them?’ ‘I’m a mind reader not a Nephilim sensor like you, idiot. The only thing they’re giving off right now are their weak auras that are barely registering because of my overwhelming one.’ You sighed.

‘Don’t talk like we’re not here. It’s rude.’ Chanyeol interrupted your conversation with Angelo. Well, he does have a point there but you hated being interrupted when talking. ‘Do you want to be schooled my way, kid?’ He went quiet and didn’t dare to utter a single word after that. ‘As I was saying, you’re all Nephilims. I can sense your powers still sleeping inside each of you, waiting to be awakened.’ Angelo explained.

‘This ain’t some self-discovery journey to achieve some sort of higher level thinking, we’re not filming National Geographic. It’s do or die and if I were you, I’d train my so hard I’d rather live than die. We’re all going to hell anyway so might as well enjoy and prolong your stay here on earth. Don’t do anything stupid ye hear me?’ you looked at each one of them before returning to your room.

‘Is she always like that?’ Kai pointed towards the door you just exited a while ago. ‘Pretty much but you have to understand, she grew up without parents at the age of five. They were both killed in some sort of freak accident as the news reported but we all know that’s just some bull to cover the murder up.’ Angelo explained further.

‘Now then, there’s a reason why I had her summon all of you here where Nephilims converge the most. As the more perceived ones of you have noticed, you are also Nephilims like us only weaker and your powers have not awakened yet. You might not have noticed your angelic or demonic heritages because your parents are trying their best not to let harm befall you, after all, like humans, your parents saw the need to protect you because you wield unexplainable powers that are far greater than theirs.’

‘So, I’ll schedule all of you for intense training for the next few months. You’ll be training under a few friends of mine and when you’re all strong enough, you’ll be able to go against her.’ He briefed EXO on their tasks. ‘So, how strong exactly is she when her attributes are all combined?’ Xiumin asked cautiously.

Angelo pressed a few buttons on the panel and a series of charts and statistics popped up in their faces. ‘As I’ve told earlier, she relies much on her speed to deliver the damage and hence, a large amount of stamina is required. I’m sure you’ve noticed her style of fighting by slashing here and there, making deep cuts on her enemies. She can go on par with Abaddon’s six highest generals, you’ll learn about them later on but the only thing I can tell you is that she’s crazy strong and I would advise going against her. That is if you still want your body intact and your soul not flung into the deepest depths of Inferno.’

They were dismissed and assigned to their rooms, all of them had various thoughts and feelings regarding this especially Suho who held nothing but admiration for you. Not that you were going to notice unless you read his mind.

He made an opportunity out of every single day so that one day you’d notice his efforts since you trained in the same room as EXO, it was large but the obstacle course specially created for you was slowly becoming a bore since it was always the same thing over and over again. You needed something to stimulate your powers and using new environmental obstacles would raise the challenges.

‘Hey why don’t you spar with me? You need something new and I need a partner, so how about it?’ Suho offered. ‘Yeah, sure.’ You gave a short reply and immediately went into an offensive stance. He was excited to show you his new moves, they weren’t much but he was hoping you could give him a few tips to survive the battle.

You started off with a backflip kick to which he countered by putting his arms up to defend himself. Landing with a split, you swept his legs from under him and succeeded in making him lose his balance before you sat on his stomach. It trapped his arms effectively and rende

Please log in to read the full chapter