Black Out-Kai

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Please help me fill in this form, it's for my thesis. Thank you in advance~ https://goo.gl/forms/rOIR2AGANXfhtniP2
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You were waiting for Kai at home,he had dance practice and you decided to wait while doing your homework. It was Physics and you swore that you were gonna pass out any moment by now, all those formulas and calculations.

You couldn't get one of them through your head and you were hoping that Kai could teach you once he got home.

It suddenly rained cats and dogs outside and it seemed like a thunderstorm was brewing outside, you became paranoid and hoped that the rain will go away.

Why?

Because you had astraphobia, a fear of thunder and lightning. Nobody knew except your parents but they were away at work, overseas to be exact.

Thunder struck loudly outside your window and you ran to your bedroom immediately, covering yourself with a blanket as the electrical supply was cut off and curled into a ball, wishing that Kai would hurry up with his practice.

Kai who was in his training room, saw thunder rumbling outside and he had a hunch that you weren't okay all by yourself. He left the dance studio and sprinted back as fast as he could.

There was no one at the door when Kai knocked frantically, he fished out a spare key and hurried inside, he searched everywhere in the dark and finally found you on the bed. All curled up and covered with blanket, whimpering and crying.

'you...?' He pulled the blankets and called out softly. You didn't even look at him, you were too drowned in your own fear to pay attention to anything.

Kai hugged you closely to him and murmured, but it didn't have quite the effect he wanted. You shivered in his embrace, crying like a little kid.

Seeing you cry made Kai feel devastated, he didn't know how to handle you. Suddenly, an idea sparked in his mind. He snuggled closer to you and covered both of you with the blanket.

Singing may not be his talent but he'll do whatever it takes to calm you down. He remembered one of the songs that he used to listen to whenever he couldn't sleep, he decided to sing that. Kai cleared his throat and sang Safe and Sound by Capital Cities.

 

I could lift you up

I could show you what you wanna see

Please log in to read the full chapter