Icarus and The Sun-Suho

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Yes people, I'm still alive and after such a long hiatus I'm finally back with a few new stories, I don't know if its gonna be crappy or not but I'll still post them up! Enjoy~

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone knew about the tragic story of the great Greek craftsman’s son—Icarus’s downfall. The boy who fell into the sea because he did not listen to his father’s warnings. What if Poseidon had took pity on him and had one of his daughters from the naiads to rescue him?

What if Icarus had actually lived to see his great-grandchildren?

Unknown to him, the curse of failure he carried would pass down throughout generations.

The constant annoying beeping from the digital clock on his bedside table woke him up, grunting, he threw the covers off himself and went straight towards the bathroom to clean his messy self. Sighing as he looked into the reflection in his mirror, he splashed some water onto his face to make sure he was fully awake without the shackles of sleepiness tying him back to the bed before entering the shower area in his large bathroom.

Another day in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Liontari for Suho. He was used to the looks and snide remarks given to him whenever he passed down the hallway, he ignored them all and pretended those people didn’t even existed. Sitting down and proceeding to read the next chapter about to be taught by his professor, he plugged in his earphones and ignored what was going on.

Wondering why the commotion in class died down, curiosity made him unplug his earphones and pay attention to what the elder had to say in front of the whole class but what ripped his attention away was the tall girl beside his professor.

Never before had Suho laid his eyes on a girl who seemed emanate an ethereal aura, her radiant beauty like that of a sun’s towered over the rest of the girls in his class and it was impossible to tear his gaze off of her. From that moment on, his heart was set on her, he was smitten by her appearance and even his brain didn’t bother to deny the fact that his heart was right.

And she was you, whose name was (F/N) (L/N).

You were everything a man could ask for, both in terms of inner and outer appearance. A bubbly and radiant nature to match your magnificent looks, you were down to earth and you didn’t really care much if people called you a or accused you of undergoing a plastic surgery because you knew perfectly well in your heart that you didn’t do all those nonsense. Why should you even let other people’s opinions affect you?

What puzzled Suho the most was how did a fine piece of art like you end up being best friends with a klutz like him? You were a goddess in his eyes, perfect, fragile yet powerful. You had the power to affect everyone around you with almost an instantaneous effect. It was hard for him to suppress his feelings, not blurt the wrong things out that could hurt your feeling or more importantly, his.

In the following months where you had devoted nearly all your time into helping him with his project, you were sure that this time, it will not end up sharing the same fate with his previous failures. True to your words, a miracle happened and his machine didn’t blow up or malfunction. This caused the whole atmosphere to tone down into nothing but silence.

Everyone couldn’t believe what happened and erupted in loud cheers, he tried reaching out for you but you were drowned in the sea of people who came flooding towards him. They knocked the glasses off his nose bridge, resulting in the revelation of his bare face to his classmates. That was the second time they were exposed to shock and what they saw was pleasing to their eyes, especially the girls.

He was a handsome nerd beneath those glasses and only now did they realize that as they threw themselves at him, ignoring the girl who stood far away with a look of sadness hidden away in the glimmer of her eyes by the reflection of the sun.

In the weeks that followed, Suho eventually saw less and less of you due to the constant increase of his fangirls who would pester him nonstop. You gradually stopped doing everything with him altogether, he was always so preoccupied with his newfound fame that he didn’t have time for you. It was at that moment, the Curse of Icarus started to unfold itself and would make his life hell.

When Suho stopped seeing you, the shadows of his loneliness had returned to shackle him. After all, the only person he could rely on was nowhere to be seen, driven away by the power he never sought. Day and night, he tried to reach you but the only response he got was the operator connecting him to your voicemail.

Days went by and the thing he thought it was most impossible to happen to a human actually did happen. It started small at first, it wasn’t visible until his back felt itchy and decided to scratch it only to find a small handful of feathers of purest white in his grasp. Rushing to the mirror, he saw that it had already grown and almost extending out towards his shoulder blades.

He thanked his lucky stars that it was holiday and the need to go outside wasn’t as overwhelming as others since he was a nerd and stayed indoors most of the time but moving around the house he lived in was a problem for him, every time he would either trip on his now full-grown large, feathery appendage that was trailing behind him or he would knock things over much to his annoyance.

As much disadvantage as it was to him in a small space, the wings gave him a sense of freedom no one could achieve when he learned to fly. Aside from freedom, he gained the confidence to contact you again, something he has long since done.

The delight and surprise on his face could not be masked when your voice could be heard from the other end, it was quiet, almost to the point of whispering. ‘Hey, I know it’s been a long time since I last saw you but I really wanna hang out with you again. I missed the old times and besides, I really gotta show you something. It’s a secret and I’ve been keeping it for a quite some time now.’ He didn’t want to sound so desperate but he was biting down his lip so hard, hoping that you’d agree to meet him even for the last time that his lower lip started bleeding.

‘Sure. The usual?’ Came the raspy reply. ‘Yeah, see you in a few.’ And the line went dead. Suho didn’t even bother using the door, to him, the windows were much easier since it was wider. Perched on the ledge of his window, it was quite the height if he were to plunge down but he had gotten used to it.

Soaring through the cold, wintry sky as snowflakes descended like miniature holy crystalline angels, he could feel the wind sifting through each and every one of the feathers. The journey was short and he landed silently behind you who had your back to him as you waited on the rooftop of the university where you used to share your memories with him.

‘How did you get here so fast?’ His voice startled you, making you whip your head in his direction. The sight of his gigantic wings made your jaw drop, it was white overall but the tips were somehow blended in with a tinge of sky blue and gold markings extended along his wingspan, making him look like the king of sky despite the lack of royal attire a ruler should’ve worn.

‘I—‘ He started and stepped closer to you but you stepped back. ‘Just stay where you are…’ Your voice quivered, a palm held out to prevent him from edging closer. ‘Do you really hate me that much in the time I was gone?’ Suho felt his heart drop at your reaction. ‘I don’t hate you, really. It’s best if you stay away.’ ‘If you don’t then let me help you if there’s something wrong.’ He walked towards you.

‘Don’t… Please…’ You backed away, pleading. ‘Why?’ He reached out a hand towards you, the hand

Please log in to read the full chapter