Immortal-Baekhyun

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

One millennium ago, you would be prancing around the meadows like a deer, picking all the vibrant and fragrant flowers to decorate your home with a smile on your face. Living in your small but cosy house with your parents, not having a single care in the world. The skies were blue and clouds floated like soft pillows, cool, soft breeze caressing your cheeks as you danced to its’ soundless rhythm.

Oh, if only it could last forever.

Then it came, like a silent hurricane and destroyed all who stood in its’ path. Crops were destroyed, families lost and livestock were eaten up. The Red Plague, it was named for it was a huge army of cannibalistic locusts with bodies made of blood red shell that ate up everything and everyone. It was casted by a sorceress who lived not far from the village you were staying, she claimed that the villagers had trespassed her land for far too long and decided to exact her revenge.

To appease her anger, the remaining survivors of the village who were scared of a second attack asked what the sorceress wanted in return for not attacking the village. ‘A girl no older than eighteen every full moon.’ She asked with cackle. The villagers did not dare to defy her out of fear and once they rebuilt the village, they did as they were told and sacrificed a girl every full moon to her by the tall, menacing oak tree where she called home.

They ignored the cries of the poor girls, their screams rang in their ears until it fell silent when midnight came. Only sniffles and sobs could be heard from the neighbouring houses, parents weeping over their lost daughters. You were only a child then but you knew your time would come, you did what you had to do since your parents had died on that fateful day.

As a child with Elder blood flowing within your veins and living among humans in disguise, you had unearthly powers even witches were terrified of. The Gold She-Wolf of the prophecies that had been foretold aeons ago would come true and the witches nearly destroyed the Elven coven to prevent the birth of the child, only to be met with disappointment.

You dedicated most of your time to training and learning, reading tomes your father had left behind and practicing the Elven magic you had been taught by your mother. For a ten year old child such as yourself, your mind was advanced and was that of a young, rational adult’s. Nobody suspected anything and only dismissed you as an orphan who merely sought attention when you were actually keeping a low profile.

The time came as the door to your house was busted open and you found yourself being dragged away by the villagers. Now an eighteen year old with godlike beauty and womanly curves, it was not surprising that they targeted you first. With a dagger fixed to your thigh, you’d kill the evil sorceress with the Elven rune imbued weapon with it and should the plan fail, you’ll kill her with your Elven magic.

They tied you with ropes and led you to the tree like a lamb to slaughter. The one who led you to slaughter was none other than the blacksmith’s second son, tears b around his already red and puffy eyes. He was leading the girl he loved to the witch for slaughter to ensure the safety of the village, he had professed his love for you every single day for the past five years and it was heart-wrenching for him to do this himself.

‘If I see you again in the next life, I’ll never let you go again!’ Those were his last words before the villagers yanked him away, separating you and him forever. You may be elf, but you can still die of old age and diseases even though you had lifespan longer than most humans.

Soon enough, a woman came into view. She had a young appearance but you knew well that her appearance was just to deceive any humans who were stupid enough to be lured into her trap. ‘A young maiden, I’ll be full tonight!’ She cackled in glee as she yanked you into her abode.

You scrunched your nose in distaste at the stench of rotting bodies as you walked through the branch-filled corridor. Once you reached her ritual chamber, your jaw dropped in horror at the number of girls who had their bodies drained of blood, cuts littering their corpses and you could hear their souls wailing in the distance because of the pain they had went through.

Fury took rein in your head upon learning what happened to the poor girls, instead of charging blindly to the old crone who had changed her form, you waited until she had her back completely turned towards you before breaking free of your bonds and lunged towards her. You successfully plunge the blade into her back, making the crone cry out in pain as she tried to pull the blade out of her back.

‘You wretched girl! You’ll suffer tenfold than those poor girls!’ She growled, baring her rotten and blackened teeth. ‘Your dark reign ends tonight, witch.’ You merely said as gold flames danced into your palm and s around your arms, surrounding your form and turning your hair into a sea of gold. She must’ve registered the fact that you were the Elder child when she saw the gold runes etched into your skin, blazing brightly in contrast to her dark form and caused her to stumble back.

‘We thought you were dead!’ She cowered behind her tree branches. ‘My parents had hidden me well and now, I shall avenge them and these poor souls that you have mercilessly tortured!’ Without wasting time, you bombarded her with Elven runes until she was barely alive and on the brink of dying.

Before you could even land the final strike on her, she had grabbed hold of you—piercing through your stomach was a better fit for the description. With her dying breath, she cursed you as you struggled to be rid of her tight grasp. ‘I curse you with life, to walk the earth for eternity with no one to stay by your side forever.’ She gave one last laugh before you burned her to a pile of ashes. The curse took effect soon enough as her chambers burst into flames, burning you alive as well.

You screamed in pain as the flames your skin, it was different than the flames you projected from your skin. They hurt badly and your vision faded in and out as you desperately tried to find your way out of the unholy tree. Smoke curled from your crisp and blackened skin, the excruciating pain as it healed itself, the curse of immortality taking effect.

Now, you were just a walking husk of your former self. Many people knew your story as the legendary monster slayer and in other versions, a warrior queen who led her people against the rebelling supernatural forces as well as the girl riding on a huge black wolf accompanied by two white ones—The Wolf Maiden.

Now almost entering a millennium and a half years, you still spent your time wandering around on earth. You’ve seen and met all kinds of people, you even knew how to distinguish a monster from a human with just a glance. Most had ingested some sort of potion or wore a charm that could disguise their true forms and thus allowing them to walk on earth in human form without drawing any unwanted attention to themselves.

Eventually, a secret society was formed and was known as the Canis, every apprentice under your training was given the title Canian. For every decade, you changed your identity and at times, your appearance to avoid attracting the human authorities’ attention. Your job was to slay all who violated the supernatural law and maintain it, it’s been a really boring job since it was always the same thing over and over again.

This time, you were dispatched to Seoul to protect an archdruid from a vicious attack from a pack of rampaging werewolves. Sighing, you conjured up a portal with a sigil and several runes encircling it as well as glowing blue crystals sprouting out from the ground around the void. It still amazes your coven for the fact that you could travel through space and time in the blink of an eye.

The moment you stepped through the portal, your heart almost punched its way out of your ribcage. Standing right there, wearing tight leather pants with a black, green and gold blazer adorned with spikes and combat boots was the archdruid himself. His hair was black as the night and his mysterious brown orbs were defined with eyeliner, a charmed necklace disguised into a choker completed his gothic looks.

‘B-Baekhyun…?’ You blurted out the name of the blacksmith’s son by accident, his looks were so identical to the boy you loved back then that it felt like your heart was shattering again. ‘Yes, that’s me. You’re (F/N) (L/N), the Canians already informed me that you were coming. Come, we’ve no time to waste. Night shall descend and that’s when the damned werewolves will appear!’ He hurriedly went inside his home which was an underground basement and appeared a few moments later with a few potions and some herbs.

‘Drink this, it will help enhance your strength against the werewolves.’ He handed you a vial that contained an orange liquid, you held it up for inspection as you watched the liquid sloshed around in its container. ‘You needn’t worry if there’s poison in it, it’s honeysuckle, roses, a small piece of bark from an ancient oak mixed together with salt and alcohol. Now hurry, we haven’t got much time on our hands.’ He urged as he looked around for any signs of

Please log in to read the full chapter