Cursed Painting-Lay

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Warning! : Contains and occultism, please don’t read if you’re uncomfortable with this!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone in school knows that you’re the best artist there is, from murals to interior designing of the school. Every single one of the art displayed your talent and passion for it, no one would ever separate your love for it. You hadn’t expected another person to snatch your title as the artist of the school until Zhang Yixing came along.

At one glance, he looked like he wouldn’t hurt anyone but underneath that pure and innocent façade was a heart so dark and lust-driven that even the most pure of angels would cringe away at his darkness.

‘We have a new student in our class today!’ Your homeroom teacher announced rather happily, making you look at her in annoyance. She gestured for the person outside to enter and almost every girl in your class squealed in delight at the guy who came in.

Self-introductions were made and when you finally mentioned your own name, his eyes lit up immediately. Anyone who wasn’t aware of his dark intentions would’ve guessed that he was happy to be in the same class as someone who was as talented as you in the same field.

‘Ah, it is a great honor for me to sit next to the great (F/N) (L/N)!’ he said, a dimpled smile adorning his features. ‘You know me?’ You arched an eyebrow in interest. ‘Well, every art student would know of course. You’re the one who won the national competition in artistic drawing under the categories of landscape, portraits and designing, right?’ The way he spoke was like a fangirl meeting her idol for the first time.

‘I am, I didn’t expect to win first place though so it was kinda surprising.’ You replied. ‘Two talented people in the field of arts are speaking is like being in a whole new world, I don’t even understand what they’re talking about.’ You heard one of the girls sighing dreamily at Yixing. You and him got acquainted pretty quickly, making you the target of jealousy from the girls in your class.

Becoming friends, you hung out mostly with him in the Arts Club and there wasn’t a single day where he wasn’t by your side. But little by little, you saw his true colors and when you found out the whole truth, it scared you to death.

Yixing sat there on a nearby couch, staring at you as you painted on a canvas, holding a brush and another hand to hold a palette with different colors on it. The way you moved was like a river running on a smooth course, fluid yet strong. All the colors blended in well and a masterpiece was made. If one were to gaze upon your art, it would bring peace and soothing to the soul depending on the painting. But to him, it was only more proof that you were what he needed the most.

‘Hey, if you don’t mind, would you like to come over to my house?’ he asked suddenly, disrupting your concentration. ‘Why?’ you turned to look at him, rubbing your color-stained hands on a wet cloth. ‘Well, I have a lot to show you.’ He grinned. ‘I’d love to but after exams, okay? That’s the only time I’ll ever have free time since I have an upcoming tournament to participate.’ You gave him a slight smile.

As much as you wanted to do nothing but to draw, you still had exams and studies to keep up with and luckily, Yixing was good at studying and getting good grades so he offered to help you with it so that you can focus on both your studies and the tournament.

Exams were over a week later and all you had to do was wait for your results, but what had you waiting impatiently was the tournament and you had no idea what you should draw. You sighed as you sat in front of an empty white canvas, racking your brains and squeezing what little juices of creativity you had in your brain while frustrating over the lack of paints you had to use.

Eventually, you fell asleep due to fatigue. You have been feeling lethargic for the past few weeks and it wasn’t normal for you to wake up very late as your mother had noted, maybe it was just because of the studying and the exams, they wore you out very often and you concluded that maybe it was just stress getting to you. Oh how you wish it was actually stress that was the cause behind all this.

At the same time during this late night, Yixing was sitting in front of his canvas as well. The only difference was that his canvas was the color of pitch black darkness, an abyss that seemed to go on for eternity would swallow whoever would dare to look into it. A smile crossed his features, only his twisted dark mind was able to comprehend all the madness he was about create.

You showed up at his house as promised the next afternoon, not knowing that you were being lured into a trap. ‘Hey (Nickname), I was beginning to think you wouldn’t show up!’ he gestured for you to enter his apartment. It was quite empty considering only he was living here but several paintings were hung up on the wall so that it reflected peacefulness rather than solitude.

‘Did you

Please log in to read the full chapter