Dancing With The Witch-Lay

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘Ugh. Today is so boring.’ Yixing complained to his best friend Joonmyeon after classes were over. ‘You always say that, it’s so frequent that I can actually predict what you’re gonna say.’ The two friends chatted with each other on their way back home, not realizing what awaits them. As they chatted happily about the recent games that are now out on the market, the sky suddenly turned crimson red and the earth rumbled.

People were fleeing everywhere in panic, something invisible hit the building and a huge chunk came flying towards them. There was no way they could evade them and they just stood there, waiting for death to come and collect their souls but the impact never came.

They looked up to see a tall girl wearing a revealing black leotard with long, white hair and silver eyes who had a hologram-like blue diamond glowing on her forehead smirking at them, holding the huge chunk up high with just a hand. ‘I don’t normally save humans but since you guys are just in my way, I guess I’ll have to save you then.’

These boys looked at you, no words came out from their gaping mouths. You kicked the chunk up and it shattered into small pieces, you helped them up and gave them a flirty smile before walking away and disappeared into the distance. Both of them went back home running, they still couldn’t process what had happened. What happened to the city? Who’s that girl? Yixing found himself thinking as he laid on the bed.

Considering what had happened, the city must be in chaos and there wouldn’t be any classes to attend but instead of being happy, it frightened him. Your face floated in his mind, the smile you gave him left a huge impression. He never knew your name and it bothered him. Even when he was finally able to sleep, he dreamt of you right beside him, smiling genuinely and holding his hands.

‘Aw, come on, Qiel! That’s not fair!’ You whined at the angel whose name was Araqiel. Araqiel and other angels, Ecanus, Tatrasiel, Azrael, Dardarael, Forcas and Caphriel were tasked to oversee you as you grow up along with demons, much to their dismay.

You were raised as a witch, born to parents who are of two different clans—The Lumiere and The Sombre. Light and Dark. You never knew them but they went through a lot because of their differences, you inherited both their powers and that made you a powerful force to be reckoned with. The angels who were tasked to protect you and the demons who made a pact with you, you were given a side to choose and only time could tell.

‘(F/N)… This is not the first time I’ve been trying to tell you, do not meddle with the affairs of mankind! Let nature run its’ course!’ He nagged and you rolled your eyes. ‘You never let me out and have some fun.’ You twirled the gun in your hand as you pouted. ‘Let the girl have some fun, Qiel. Or we’ll take her to get some.’ The second eldest of the demons—Enigma, wagged his eyebrows at the fuming angel. He knew full well what the demon had meant and he had promised your father to protect you from scums like them.

‘Alright, alright, settle down you two. Before you get into a fight and mess up the city even more.’ You sighed, setting your guns down and decided to take a nice, warm bath. Might as well get some sleep and sneak into the city tomorrow if you’ve had any chances.

The next day, you strolled around the city and looked at the wreckage. ‘Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. The angels are out playing again eh…?’ You muttered to yourself, examining the debris. There were a few people on the street but they can’t see you because you weren’t exactly in this realm. Speak of the angels, they came charging at you with their holy gold spears and wings flapping behind them as they let out a high-pitched screech. You decided to have some fun with them as you drew out your guns, two in your hands and two behind your heels. ‘Let’s dance, boys!’ You smirked at them.

Yixing was on his way to meet with Joonmyeon when he saw bullet holes on the ground, it was strange and they kept appearing again and again like someone invisible was shooting. Before he could even register what was actually going on, he was carried away by someone invisible and he thrashed around, screaming.

When the coast is clear, you made yourself visible to him, stepping through a portal and placing your hands on your hips. ‘What are you doing here, boy?’ You asked him, he just stared at you in awe like yesterday. ‘Did some of the chunk knocked your head off, boy? Why aren’t you speaking? Never mind, I have some unfinished business to attend to.’ You huffed and begin to walk away until he tugged at your wrist.

‘It’s Yixing and I am NOT a boy.’ He frowned. ‘You are to me, not only are you incapable of protecting yourself but I am also way older than you could possibly imagine—‘ Before you could even continue, the high-pitched screeches edged closer and eventually found you and him. ‘Oh dear, it seems they’ve found us. Stay behind me if you want to live, boy.’ He obeyed you and stood behind as he watched you march towards the angels confidently.

Ever since he was a child, he could see all those things a normal human could not. He didn’t understand why the angels kept hounding on him and chased after him then stopped and he was determined to find out why. Taking care of the angels, you turned back to face him. ‘You can’t stay here now that you’ve seen all these things. I’ll take you to my place.’ You pulled him up and carried him again, jumping on rooftops and reaching your destination.

‘You live in a club?!’ He exclaimed after you set him down on his feet. ‘Hey now, I’m not the one who runs this place and I certainly didn’t choose to grow up here.’ You looked at him as you unlocked the door. ‘Hey (F/N)! Welcome back, I was starting to get annoyed at Qiel’s nagging again when you went sneaking out again—‘ Aries, the youngest of the demons started ranting until he saw Yixing behind you. They stared at each other before Aries spoke in a hushed tone.

‘He can’t see me right…?’ He said as he leaned over to you. ‘Unfortunately, he can.’ You replied, setting your guns down and took off the ones on your heels. Aries pulled out his daggers that glowed green and attempted to cut him before you stood in front and blocking him. ‘He’s not a threat, Ari. I brought him here because he’s got a similar power wave like mine and I was hoping if I could get Cap to check on him. Oh and check those guns for me will you? Reloading time seems slower than usual. Hey boy, now get over here before you get cut up into pieces.’ You beckoned him to follow you to the back of the club and upstairs.

As soon as you entered the room, you were met with Araqiel’s angry face but it was contorted into confusion when he saw you bringing Yixing into the room. ‘Is that who I think it is?’ Cap suddenly asked, directing his question at his brothers rather than at the demons, you or Yixing. ‘It might be… They have the same wavelength but his is slightly weaker than hers.’ Azrael spoke, deep in his thoughts.

‘Right here, guys. Right here.’ You waved your hand and spoke sarcastically. ‘I think we should go somewhere else, love. Why don’t we show your boyfriend around first?’ Arch pointed towards him and you crossed your arms, annoyed. ‘He is NOT my boyfriend.’ ‘But that got on your nerves didn’t it, love?’ Arch tipped your chin with his slender fingers with lust in his eyes. ‘Yes it did but I can do better than just getting on your nerves, Arch.’ The demon just flashed a grin before disappearing into smoke.

‘Right, it’s up to me to introduce you to the angels and demons and show you around then.’ You sighed. ‘Why are you doing this?’ He asked, feeling uncomfortable in a place like this. ‘You’re gonna be staying here if you wanna live, boy. I’m not joking.’ He grunted in annoyance, he thought you lived somewhere peaceful but it was the exact opposite of it.

‘These angels and demons are my brothers, Araqiel, Caphriel, Azrael, Dardarael, Ecanus, Forcas and Tatrasiel are the angels. Dante, Enigma, Arch, Reyson, Cyran, Sephiran and Aries are the demons, you’ll get used to them eventually.’ You then showed him around the private sectors of the club that was concealed from the human eye.

‘Hey (F/N)!’ You heard Tatrasiel called out. Apparently, some demons made their way out of inferno and they were attacking the place. You weren’t interested in taking down a bunch of weak demons and preferred to stay at home and have a nice, long soak in the tub but Aries forced you to go anyway because he needed demon horns and angel halos to craft weapons, he’s your demon weaponsmith after all.

‘Nuh uh, you stay with the angels, boy. Don’t want to have you back headless and minced up, do we?’ ‘I told you… Stop calling me boy! Ugh!’ You found it cute when he’s annoyed and it only made you want to even more. ‘Sure. Boy.’ You grinned and jumped out of the window.

‘Oh dear, the angels siding with the demons? How unbecoming of this world.’ You were never one to use swords but since there are so m

Please log in to read the full chapter