Partition-Luhan

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry guys, I've been so busy with my work that I've neglected all of you. I've originally wanted to post some of my stories that were already written here but it just slipped my mind and I was extremely tired with only 2 to 4 hours of sleep a day almost every week for the past couple of months. I'm sorry if it's not what you expected since my writing skills are getting rusty from lack of use but here's what I got and hopefully, you'll enjoy like you always did. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At one glance, everyone may think Luhan is a normal guy. Okay, maybe ‘normal’ is just an understatement when talking about physical appearance. He’s not an average Joe when it comes to his sixth sense ability, something he had never come to terms with in his entire life and resented this ability, to the extent of referring it to a curse.

‘Argh! Stop following me!’ he yelled at a spirit who tried to bother him in class. Naturally, this caused everyone to snap their heads up and stare at his sudden outburst which disrupted the silence. He apologized to everyone and resumed his work while trying his best to ignore the spirit’s pleas of setting it free from its earthly bonds.

It wasn’t even helping when his school was famous for housing ghosts, both benevolent and malicious ones. He could see them roaming everywhere, unsettling and sometimes causing troubles for students and faculty staff alike but the school authorities made no changes whatsoever which bothered him to no end.

There were spirits who fought with others for territory, even the dead wants a place of their own to haunt as humans with shelters to live in. He pretended not to see anything as he walked on by, why should he even care for the dead when they’ve brought nothing but problems for him. He had tried to get his eyes fixed but as far as he’s concerned the results are still the same, he can still see the deceased and the deceased can still see him.

On a particular day, he was trying to have his lunch in peace when he heard loud noises coming from the storage room. He assumed that it was a group of delinquents causing ruckus and destroying things and he wanted no part in this so he continued to eat in silence until he saw a desk being flung right before his eyes. Only a few centimeters before his chopsticks were knocked off his hands as he widened his eyes in shock for a fraction of a second.

No one seemed to notice what was going on except for a few students who screamed when they saw the desk was thrown by an invisible force. He sighed as he knew the culprit behind this. Rolling up his sleeves, he decided to end this before things went out of hand.

It was right there and then, he saw the thing that would forever change his life. A female spirit, with strength that seemed to be overwhelming the other spirits as she took down another one with relative ease. The loud slam startled him as he watched you slam the spirits head on a desk and into the wall before disintegrating into spirit sand.

Of all the spirits he’s exorcized and seen throughout his life, you were by far the strongest one in terms of strength seeing as you were able to take on multiple spirits at once as if they were nothing. When you were done taking care of the spirits, you saw a guy staring straight at you. You looked behind you before looking at him again to make sure there was nothing behind.

‘You can see me?’ you asked cautiously, waving your hand in front of him. ‘Yes, unfortunately.’ He answered as he snapped back to reality. ‘Perfect, you can help me move on then.’ You rubbed your gloved hands together. ‘Wait, what?!’ ‘Yeah, I’m a ghost and you’re a human. You can touch physical things and I can’t.’ you crossed your arms. ‘No, I can’t help you. I’m just a high school student who’s about to take a college entrance exam this month. I can’t afford to help you with the time I have right now.’ He shook his head.

‘This month? Fine, I’ll wait.’ You sighed. ‘I never agreed to help you.’ ‘Listen kid, I know you don’t do things for free. I know who you are and I’ll give you a payment after you help me. It’s a win-win situation here, don’t you think?’ you negotiated. ‘You’re a dead person, what else can you offer me? Every spirit I helped moved on without even so much as a ‘thanks’ or something.’ He huffed with his arms crossed.

‘If you continue to expect a reward every time you’ve done something, you’re going to end up living a life full of disappointment. If you help me cross into the afterlife, I’ll take away your ability to see the dead. You can have a normal life and do whatever you want, sound good?’ you sighed, a hand resting on your hip with an eyebrow arched. Luhan’s eyes widened at the offer, stripping away his ability to see the dead? Sounded too good to be true, he was still skeptical of the offer and decided to listen more.

‘Keep going, how exactly are you going to do that?’ ‘You must think I’m a liar if you still won’t believe me… Fine, I’ll explain on the way back to your residence. Can’t risk other spirits overhearing what I’m about to say.’ You said and Luhan then led the way back home.

It wasn’t surprising to see that his house is quite empty since he lived alone, you looked around before making yourself comfortable on the large couch. ‘You were saying?’ he urged you to continue. ‘Wait, before that what exactly are you?’ he interjected. ‘I’m an assassin, I was betrayed by my own alliance and I was killed on a mission. Heard of the story of Osiris? The people who betrayed me cut my remains into pieces and scattered all over the world so that I could never rest in peace even when I’m dead. So here I am.’ You explained, leaving Luhan in a complete dumbfounded state.

‘So how long have you been dead now?’ he asked, his voice shaking and fearing the answer that comes out of your mouth would not be a pleasant one. ‘It’s 2220, I died during the time they first invented a waterproof smartphone. You do the math, genius.’ You crossed your legs, unintentionally showing off your legs. ‘You died approximately 200 years ago? What the hell?!’ he stumbled back in utter shock. ‘Precisely, which is the reason why I’m far stronger than other spirits.’

‘So let me get this straight, you’re an assassin, you died 200 years ago and your body was cut into pieces and never found until today? What makes you think I have a good chance of finding it? Why didn’t you ask the shamans or monks to help you?’

‘You’d think that in this day and age where there’s barely any room for the supernatural and realm of the unknown, there’re actually people who are in tune enough with the otherworld who could help me. The humans I’ve met are either a scam or aren’t powerful enough to send me over and I cannot rest properly until my body has been rejoined and the people I want dead are in hell!’ you roared angrily.

Luhan flinched and kept quiet until you calmed down. ‘I’m sorry, I’ve carried this with me around two centuries. I don’t have anyone else to vent my frustrations on, if you can’t help me then its fine. I’ll just go find someone else.’ You stood up, about to take your leave until a hand grabbed onto your wrist.

‘Fine, I’ll help you. On a few conditions though.’ He looked away as he said. One, you can’t cause trouble or people will freak out, nothing you can’t handle. Two, you’re not to enter his room under any circumstances at all and lastly, you have to follow him wherever he goes so that he can keep an eye on you at all times. You snorted at the last condition but you went with it anyway.

The next day, you went with him to school as usual and the perks of being a ghost was the fact no one could see you and you could go wherever you pleased. ‘Just keep walking. Don’t do anything stupid.’ Luhan warned as both of you witnessed a bully scaring his victim. Being an assassin taught you to show no mercy but after a couple hundred of years, things change and you might as well help out a few humans to atone for your sins.

You strayed away from Luhan and appeared behind the victim, he of course had no idea what was going on behind him as you showed yourself to the bullies as the way you were when you died. Slit throat, limbs mangled at an impossible angle, pale skin with black vein-like cracks, red irises with veins protruding around the corner of your eyes, blood trickled down your mouth and a raspy, echoing voice to top off the haunting effect with a huge chunk of your body torn off before you were dissected.

‘The foul smell of murderers…’ you spoke, paralyzing the bullies and one of them were so scared of your current appearance that he peed in his pants out of sheer horror. ‘You shall not be forgiven…!’ you lunged for them and they scampered, screaming like madmen. The victim looked behind, not noticing you were staring at him with your bloody eyes since you only showed yourself to the bullies and continued to walk to class while sighing in relief.

‘I told you to stay close to me.’ He gritted his teeth as he grabbed onto your hand roughly. ‘Well I can’t just leave that poor boy to his fate now can I? I’ve been at the mercy of others, a blade held against my throat and I know exactly how it feels.’ ‘You’re an assassin, do you even have any shred of mercy left in you?’ The words escaped Luhan’s lips and you stayed quiet as it sliced deep into your heart. Luhan saw the damage he did but he couldn’t take it back.

True, as an assassin, mercy and compassion cannot be shown in your eyes. That would be the biggest mistake of your life and it proved so when you died. As your black leather trench coat trailed behind you, you stood quietly next to the entrance of Luhan’s classroom and observed the students and the lecturer. Majority of them are dozing off due to the boring lecture but not Luhan, he’s so focused that he barely looked anywhere but the professor and the whiteboard in front of him.

When you were still alive, this would normally be a stake out or undercover mission but what use do you have of your stealthy prowess when you’re already dead? You’re practically invisible to a human’s eye, only those gifted with such powers are only able to see you.

A girl came prancing over

Please log in to read the full chapter