A News About Him

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

 

JESSICA

 

"A news about Lee Donghae," she said and looked at me with worried expression.

 

What about him? Is he here now? Is he all right? Did he come for me? I need to see him. I need to see my prince--Damn it! NO. Not again, Sica. He's no one to you, is he? 

 

Aware that I'm falling into his deep well, I pushed the thought away and put on my mask. 

 

"Yoona, what's with the bull news?" I said and sat on my chair again, ignoring the throbbing of my heart as I heard his name earlier.

 

No. I should not. I don;t have feelings for him anymore.

 

Yoona sat on the chair beside me and said, "I thought you might lik--"

 

"Shut up, Yoong. You know how much he hurt me, right? You were there when I watched the news, and you heard it too! So what has gotten into your mind that I might get interested with that bull news about him?!" I burst out. I'm grateful that the music is very loud that only peole near our spot heard and the others did not.

 

She bowed his head, hurt. Somehow, I felt a heavy-hearted seeing my best friend hurt because of me. "I'm sorry. I just thought. . . never mind," she said.

 

I held his hand and said, "Don't worry, Yoong. I'm sorry, too. Let's just forget, okay?" she looked into my eyes and nodded. I hugged him tight. "Thanks for being my epic best friend."

 

"Yah!" she pulled away. "You cheeseball best friend. Haha!"

 

"That's the real Yoona," I said. We shared a laugh.

 

"So, this party is great," she commented. "Suho has done it perfectly. He's such a sweet guy."

 

I rolled my eyes. "Of course, he is. He just kissed the girl over there," I said. Yoona looked at Suho's spot where his two friends are there. "Bastard," I whispered.

 

"Yah! Why did you call him a bastard?" I forgot. Yoona hears everything even the lowest sound. How biggy ears!!

 

Instead of answering her question, I said, "Taeyeon's her. I'll just greet her and we're going home." I stood up.

 

Yoona stopped me. "Now? We're gonna go home right now?"

 

"Yes. What's wrong with that?" I said, walking to where Taeyeon is standing. Yoona's by my side. We're walkig side by side and passed by Suho's spot. He looked my way and I remained silent.

 

"Jessica-sshi!" I heard him call out my name but I didn't stop.

 

When I get to where Taeyeon is standing, as she saw me, she ran to hug me. I was squeezed by her and she said, "Oh my gosh, Jessica! You're the best! I love your cakes and cupcakes! Thanks for baking me a birthday cake." 

 

She pulled away and added, "I love you, Jessica."

 

Taeyeon's my friend and I find it lucky for me to have her as my older friend. "I love you, too, Tae. Happy Birthday," I said.

 

"Thank you, J!"

 

"Happy birthday, Taeyeon-ah!" Yoona greeted and Tae hugged her and said thank you. Soon, Leeteuk excused Taeyeon for awhile. I'm happy for them. I like Leeteuk for Taeyeon. He seems so sweet and gentleman. Taeyeon is just lucky!

 

After, we made our way to the exit. But we were stopped by him.

 

"What do you want, Suho?" I said.

 

"You're gonna leave?"

 

I tried to be nice and answered. "Yes."

 

"But why?"

 

"Are you two fighting?" Yoona asked and I could tell you, she may be the dumbiest person on earth, she's still my bestfriend.

 

I sighed and said, "Yoong, will you give us a sec? Have you brought your car? Please just wait for me there."

 

"Okay. But I didn't bring my car," she said. 

 

"Call Siwon Oppa," I said and handed her my phone.

 

She was about to make a call when Suho interrupted her. "Yoona-sshi, please don't. I'll drive you two home."

 

"You don't need to. I guess that girl needs you more," I said.

 

He was confused for a moment but sighed after. He pulled out his car key. "I'll drive you home. Let's go," he said and walked to the exit. He exited the place and was gone.

 

Ugh!

 

"Are you two fighting?" She repeated.

 

"I don't know, Yoona."

 

We exited the place and went to the parking area. I saw Suho inside hsi car, waiting and I can't seem to read his face. Now, what's happening? It's just too early for us to fight.

 

I got in the passenger seat so as Yoona but Suho spoke, "Jessi, please take this seat. I'll look like a driver than a friend."

 

Yoona looked at me and said go to me. I took the seat in front and I was shcoked when he hugged m-- no. He just buckled my seatbelt and said, "To keep you safe."

 

I looked into his beautiful eyes and I found myself admiring those. There's sadness and . . .

 

Next thing I knew, we zooned out the place. We were silent throught out the ride not until when he asked where Yoona lives.

 

"Yoona-sshi, where do you live? Where in this town's part?"

 

"A hundred meters before Jessica's house. I'll just tell you where," she said.

 

And then, there's silence. I don't know what's happening but Suho is bubbly when in comes to interacting with other people but now, he's really silent. I guess there's really something bothering him inside.

 

Minutes later, we're outside Yoona's. We dropped her. "Thank you, Suho. And Jessica, call me when you got there." I nodded my head. She then entered their house.

 

Suho drove again this time to my house. I was expecting silence but thn he spoke, "Are you mad at me?"

 

"Who? Me?"

 

"Sica, are you mad at me?"

 

"No. I'm not."

 

He stopped the car. "Why did we stop?"

 

He faced me and said, "Why are you mad at me?"

 

"I'm not mad at you."

 

"You're lying, Sica. Tell me why?"

 

I glared at him. "You want to know the truth? Yes. I am mad at you. Why? Because you just left me there alone. Suho, I don't know those people in there but you left my side. You said you won't. You chose to battle tongues with that girl back there!"

 

He was speechless of my sudden outburst. Me euther after I realized what I have said. But i cannot take those words back, you know. Ugh!

 

And then he smiled, his eyes too. "Jessica, you're cute," he said. I galred at him.

 

"You're a jerk, Suho."

 

"It's okay. As long as I'm your jerk," he said. I hit his arm. "For what?" 

 

"For leaving me alone, you jerk."

 

He chuckled and said, "You were the one who left me."

 

It's true. "But you should have accompanied me, still. You promised."

 

He poke my forehead. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you alone and for breaking my promise." He looked at me with a smile on. "Am I forgiven," he asked.

 

 

I thought for a moment and pouted. "Okay. Forgiven!"

 

He laughed and grabbed me for a hug. "Thank you, Jessica. Thank you for everything. And for the cakes," he said.

 

I pulled away and patted his cheek. "You're welcome, cutie boy," I said.

 

"I am cute to you?"

 

"Yes, of course. You got that weird face when you smile. But it's cute, though."

 

He smiled. "That's what I am talking about," I said to him.

 

"Truth be told,  Jessica, you're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Have you seen those girls on the cover of magazines? You're far more beautiful than them," he said and I was shocked and fluttered. Who wouldn't?

 

"Suho, you're making me blush," I said, truthfully.

 

"I'm sorry but I was just telling the truth."

 

I smiled and told him, "Good night, Suho. I better sleep now."

 

He chuckled and said, "Aish! You're really unpredictable, Sica. Fine. Have a good sleep and thank you for this night." I was about to get out the car.

 

"Jjinja? It seems like I have ruined it."

 

"Nope. You didn't not. Who said that?"

 

"Me."

 

He sighed and said, "No. Anyway, can we go somewhere tomorrow?"

 

I shook my head and said, "We cannot." He was sad but I have my reason. "Because next week is your final exam. You need to do great. Okay? Make Taeyeon proud."

 

I took his hand. "Make me proud, Suho. Okay?" He smiled at me and I smiled at him, too.

 

He nodded his head and said, "Okay. But after next week, we're gonna do something great, right?"

 

"Of course. And when you did great, we're gonna have a trip to a beach."

 

"Really?"

 

I nodded. "Yes. That's my gift." So that I could pay for this dress I'm wearing right now. I didn't tell him.

 

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Characters: 6495

Words: 1492

I have written much, I guess. By the way, THANK YOU!! :3