Fresh

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

It’s been almost a year since the one person I didn’t wanna lose died. It was such a hard period for me. Donghae had been a great part of me and knowing that there would be no one like him left, it gave me pain that I couldn’t even endure. Though he left me, he had left me something that I should be done, and resolved. It’s time for me to seek for my happiness.

 

I went back to Jackson because we decided that we should bury his body there where he lived for too long, there where he and I met. It’s still his home.

 

But I didn’t see him. I’m talking about Suho. When I got there, I expected him to at least accompany me or even say that it’s going to be all right. I was much more than just disappointed. I felt that what we have was cut. There was no connection anymore. It was like he didn’t even care.

 

I let a huge sigh.

 

“What’s your problem, Sica?” I heard Yoona asked. I was in the living room with her, playing with my bracelet.

 

I continued on reading what was carved though I memorized it anyway. She asked me again and this time I looked at her and said, “None. I just thought that I have such a beautiful name, Sooyeon.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “It’s better if you said you miss him.”

 

“Who? Hae? Yes, I do miss him.”

 

“No,” she said firmly. “I meant Suho.”

 

Rolling my eyes, I lay on the sofa. “Pssh. Like he still cares,” I remarked.

 

“Just because he didn’t see you when we were there that doesn’t mean he care less for you,” she said, taking Suho’s side. Btch. “Maybe it wasn’t the right time.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

I heard Yoona sigh. “Had you understand his side, you wouldn’t think of him like that.”

 

I gritted through my teeth, and sat up. I turned to Yoona. “Will you stop talking about him? He’s not worth it. Okay? I get it that I hurt him. Hello! He hurt me, too. If you never knew about it,” I shot.

 

Yoona take a glance at me before going back into knitting a pouch. Then she said, “Stop being an , Jess. If Tiffany’s here, she’s probably slapped you.”

 

Right, but Tiffany isn’t here anymore. After Hae passed away, she let a week passed before finally going back to her hometown where her niece was waiting. Remember that her sister died and left her niece alone so she chose to be a good guardian to her.

 

But as days passed after Tiffany left, I noticed that Siwon Oppa seemed to be against it. I have noticed it. He likes Tiffany. Yes, they may fight a lot, but it’s hard not to feel something. I mean, they’d always fall for each other. I guess it’s the same with Tiffany so she chose to spend a week here with Siwon.

 

“Shut up already, Yoong. Or else I’ll kill you. And stop knitting that stupid pouch and even stitching Seunggi’s name. Yuck! You’re too cheesy.”

 

I was stunned when she threw me the rolled yarn. It hit my head hard. Dammit.

 

“You bitter witch. Just because you don’t have someone, that doesn’t mean I should be loner, too. Ugh! Will you just go to Jackson and find Suho? You’re killing me with your fatuous reasons!” she yelled.

 

I was laughing so hard because of how she reacts. I don’t know what was wrong but I feel a little bit okay than few months back. I feel free. No worries.

 

I sat near Yoona and said, “Kill me first.”

 

She glared at me and swore, “I will if you continue to be so stubborn.”

 

I laughed. “Fine.”

 

“What?”

 

I lay down again. “I will be going back to Jackson.”

 

“For Suho?”

 

I threw her a look. “Witch, no. I’m going back for my cupcake business! I miss my shop!”

 

Yoona smiled and hugged me. “I miss it, too,” she agreed.

 

“I’d like us to leave in two weeks.”

 

“Okay.”

 

---

 

082914