Talk About Marriage

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“I don’t really know what you’re talking about, Yoong,” I said and lay down my bed.

 

“Uh-no! You surely do, young lady. Don’t you know Siwon’s in love with you?”

 

I groaned and said, “I’m not yet ready to talk about that ‘love’ or any intimate relationship.”

 

She sat on the bed. “But, Jessie, you’re making the both men fall for you, she said.

 

Annoyed, I sat up and glared at her. “How in the hell am I making them fall for me? I never said I like any of them. They’re just my frie—“

 

“You fooling me? Your actions speak louder that your words. Get that?”

 

“What is wrong with you, Yoong? Why are you telling me this?”

 

“Because any of them might get hurt. And when you choose on—“

 

“I’m not gonna fall for them. That’s it. The end.”

 

I stood up and went to my walk-in closet. I grabbed a jeans and long-sleeve shirt.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Zipping up my pants, I said to her, “Outside. I’m going to Tae’s.”

 

“Uh… and what? To Suho? You’re gonna choose him?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Yoona, I’m not choosing anyone, okay? I just want to talk to her.”

 

“Hmm. . . Suho’s probably there,” she commented.

 

“Stupid. He has his exams today,” I reminded her after I wore my boots. I stood up and grabbed my coat.

 

“Wait! I’ll come with y—“

 

“No. You have to be here and tell Butler Yondong I’m at Tae’s.Siwon Oppa will be here and you need to make an excuse. You’ve flooded my head with you chi-cha and now I need to clear it,” I said, grabbed my bag and hit the door knob. “I’ll see you later, Yoong.”

 

First of all, I really don’t know why I want to go to Taeyeon Unnie’s house. I don’t even know why I am so affected with what Yoona said to me. I mean I’m not even in love with Siwon nor Suho. Yeah, they’re being nice to me but I cannot just let them in.

 

But I’m not stupid enough. I know why. I know, if not love, they like me. Siwon Oppa’s behavior towards me is pretty obvious he has something for me. Suho, being nice all the time, I just don’t know. I kinda like Suho’s attitude. He’s kinda nice. I mean, they all are nice to me!

 

Deep in thought, I didn’t notice the post ahead of me so I end up bumping into it and I fell backward. Damn it!

 

“Can my life be any worse than this?!” I yelled.

 

Ugh!

 

I got up and take a walk again. I wonder why the Jackson people aren’t outside yet. What time is it?

 

8:45 P.M.

 

Stupid Jessica.

 

Yoona’s right. Suho’s already at their house right now. Obviously. It’s dinner time!

 

I looked around. Yeah right! I’m outside Suho’s house. What am I doing out here? How in the hell did I come here?

 

I was about to turn away but someone called me.

 

“Jessica.”

 

I turned around only to find Suho standing on the porch, looking good as he always been. Relief surged through me when he smiled at me.

 

Winter breeze brushed over me. Even though I wore coat, the coolness of the wind overcome it. I put my hands in the pockets of my coat.

 

Suho, seems like realizing that I’m freezing, offered, “Jessica, let’s get inside. You’re freezing.

 

I was about to protest but next thing I knew, she grabbed me by hand and flashed me a genuine smile. I cannot help but to say, “Okay.”

 

He led me to the door and opened it for me. I shyly smiled at him. When we got in, I smelled the freshly cooked dinner that I am sure made by Tae Unnie.

 

“Suho, who was it you think was out—Jessica,” she said, surprised but smiled at me though as she walked to us to greet me. She hugged me. “I’m happy you’re here. Are you staying up for dinner?”

 

“I—“

 

“Yes. She is, Noona.”

 

“Well, good,” she said. “You two stay in the living room. I’ll just take a little do and I’m finished. Okay?”

 

She disappeared to the kitchen. I looked up to Suho and I was surprised when I found out he was staring down at me. I grew shy.

 

What the hell?

 

“So, to the living room?” He asked.

 

“Yeah,” I replied.

 

We went to the living room in silence. I don’t know. But I kinda like the feeling of being with him. He never really made me feel really alone. The one like him.

 

As we sat, he reached for the photograph on the side table and handed it to me.

 

I took it and looked at it. Family. Suho was just 5 in the photo with her mother carrying her and Tae Unnie by her side. On the other side was their father. They seemed like a happy family.

 

I touched Suho’s face in the photo. He smiled in it, showing his really beautiful smile. I couldn’t help but smile. He’s so cute.

 

A sudden cough interrupted my thought. I looked beside me and found Suho smiling at me.

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t help it. You’re so cute,” I said and reached to pinch his cheeks.

 

“Aw,” he whined.

 

I laughed and handed him the photo. “So, how’s your exam?”

 

He shrugged. “I’m doing good said my prof. I kinda did great on our exam. I still have to take two more tomorrow.”

 

“So good. Good luck, Suho.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

We stared at each other. It’s like there’s something we want to say to each other but couldn’t figure out what it is.

 

“Dinner is ready!” Tae Unnie said and motioned us to come to the kitchen.

 

The smell of roasted chicken greeted my nose and suddenly became hungry. We took our seats and started to eat.

 

Tae Unnie wants to get married. According to her, she wants to but leaving Suho alone would kill her of worry. She doesn’t want Suho to be alone.

 

“I want him to get married first,” she said.

 

“Noona, that’s too far. You should get married first. You’re supposed to get married first before I do,” Suho said, concerned written all over his face.

 

Taeyeon glared at her brother. “So you want me to die of worry? Kim Joon Myun?”

 

Suho shook his head. “It’s not like that, Noona. I just want you to accept Leeteuk hyung’s offer. He’s been waiting for your answer all these years. I’m afraid he’ll leave you.”

 

“Then marry Jessica.”