Night Well-Spent With Him

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“Saranghae, Sooyeon.”

 

My eyes went wide. He called me Sooyeon. He smiled at me and I was lost for a moment.

 

“My gosh!! What is this place?!”

 

I diverted my gaze to Im Yoona who’s gaping. “What?” She pointed down. I gaped, too, when I saw it. It’s a hidden staircase.

 

“You’re the key, Jessica,” Donghae whispered to my ears. That moment, I was about to cry but Siwon’s loud voice stopped me from doing it.

 

“WHAT THE HECK! You’re full of mystery, Donghae!”

 

Donghae smiled and said, “I know. So let’s go down now so we can have our rest.”

 

Tiffany went down first with Siwon behind him. They kept on exchanging glares. Suho and Yoona got down, too. I was about to go down but Hae grabbed my hand. I looked at him and said, “What’s wrong Hae?”

 

He was silent. He sighed then said to me, “I’m sorry I kept things from you. I’m sorry I wasn’t fully honest to you.”

 

I caressed her cheek. “You’re worried about that?”

 

“Kinda. I’m sorry,” he said. “But are we really back?”

 

I giggled. “Yes. Now, smile because you look like a sad fish.”

 

He chuckled and kissed me on my forehead. “Thank you. Let’s go now,” he said and took my hand. He led me downstairs. When we got down the last step, he looked back and said, “Lee Sooyeon.”

 

The door closed. My frown greeted him when he turned to me. “The code has something to do with me?”

 

He grinned. “Everything about you, My Pretty Sica.”

 

-----------------

 

“Is there something bothering you?”

 

He looked back at me and smiled. He’s sitting on a stool, looking through the window. I grabbed one and sat beside him. He stared at me for a moment and said, “I kinda anxious.”

 

I pouted, nodded my head and said, “There’s a reason why.”

 

“Why are you still up?”

 

I smiled and said, “I can’t sleep, Suho.”

 

“There’s a reason why,” he said and I giggled while he chuckled.

 

I breathed in and out before opening up a topic. “I guess I owe you an explanation, Suho.” I stared at him. He’s eyes are on mine.

 

He smirked. “Yeah, I think so.”

 

“I lied when I said I’m just Jessica,” I started, looking through the window. “I’m not just Jessica. I am Jung Sooyeon.” I stared at him to check if he’s listening. And he does.

 

So I continued. “I am the only Princess of Sylvania. It’s miles away from here. But when I was younger, I had this dream that I always want to reach. I—I never liked to be a princess. I wanted to be an ordinary girl. I wanted to be just Jessica who dreams to bake. So I ran away,” I stopped, reminiscing. I looked at me and said, “Get it, Suho?”

 

He nodded and flashed me a smile. And I continued, “So, I went here . . . and I met him, Donghae. We became lovers until he went away. But I was hurt when I found out he was getting married to someone. That’s when I met you. And this happens,” I looked at him. “But I realized something really important. I should not run away from my responsibility because I am the fate of our kingdom. And when I say no, then, Sylvania will fall down. So, I am choosing to go back and reign.”

 

“That’s a pretty hard thing to do,” he commented.

 

I smiled and agreed, “Indeed.”

 

“Well, I’ll tell you mine, Sic,” he said.

 

I raised an eyebrow. “Sic?”

 

He chuckled. “Yeap. I’m so tired hearing Jessi, Jessica, Sica, so I wanna call you Sic,” he said and winked. I know I blushed.

 

“Whatever,” I uttered.

 

“Do you wanna know why I end up going to your bakeshop for Tae’s birthday?” He started by asking. I shook my head. He smiled. “Well, it’s embarrassing to finally tell. I chose to be close to you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

He sighed and continued, “The first time you appeared on out doorway, I—You know my feelings for you, right?” I nodded. “So, it’d not be awkward, now, eh?” I nodded. I smiled because he’s so nice and gentleman. “So, I fell in love with you, Sic. And I never felt anything like that before. So I promised myself to find you and be friends with you and when we became finally friends, suddenly I feel like a coward so I gained courage to confess to you how I feel.”

 

I smiled, genuinely. I took his hand and said, “Sorry, Suho.”

 

 

He shook his head like a kid and uttered, “Nope. It’s not your fault. I knew you still love Donghae. Because true loves is what you got there,” he smiled a reassuring smile.

 

I let a deep sigh and said, “Yeah, so, how about we talk about your grades now.” I just remembered my promise to him that if he did great, we’re gonna go to a beach or a resort. Atleast, I stick to my promise to him. It’s the least that I can do to repay his patience, his care for me. Still, he’s my good friend.

 

“Oh!” he exclaimed. He showed me his very cute eye-smile. “I got good grades, Jessica,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed at that. “The professor said, I might graduate with honors, atleast.”

 

And this time, it’s time for me to exclaim. “Wow! That’s so good!”

 

“Yeap, Suho studied hard,” he said, boasting.

 

I tapped his shoulder and said, “Then I think you deserve to have the gift then?”

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course!” I held his hand. “You did great. Tae must be proud of you,” I said.

 

His smile faded. “I miss her,” he said.

 

I felt bad. I think I’m the one who did this to him. I’m the reason of this sad feeling of him. I think I dragged him into this pit hole. I think I am being such a . . . nevermind. Then I grabbed to hug him. He deserves it.

 

He wrapped his arms around me, too. It’s a long hug, comforting him. “Suho, I’m sorry,” I said, still hugging him.

 

“Sica, it’s not your fault. I did this,” he said, sounding so sure.

 

“I think I know what a great gift for you, is then,” I said, pulling away. He looked at me, confused but he managed to ask.

 

“What?”

 

I smiled and said, “You'll see. But now, I need to sleep. Donghae must have been wondering where I am right now. He’s a little protective of me.”

 

He nodded, agreed. “Okay. Good night, Jessica.”

 

I hugged him and said, “Good night, Suho. Sleep now.”

 

He nodded. Then, I made my way to our room (Donghae and Sica’s room). When I opened it, he’s sleeping. He’s so handsome even in his sleeps. I went to the other bed just beside my own bed. I sat on it, beside Donghae. I caressed his face, smiled and said, “I am so lucky to have you, Hae. Saranghae isn’t enough to tell you how much I love you. If there’s one thing that could break this love bond of ours that could only be death. I love you.”

 

I kissed his forehead, his nose and his lips. “Good night, my Stupid Fish.”

 

----------------------

 

Sica's birthday gift!! #3 

I posted 3 chaps and it means, I LOVE YOU!! <3