A Bestfriend's Trust

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

I see tables and chairs, spoons and forks, people dressed in their elegant attire, interacting with anyone they know while I, I’ve never known who should I talk to. I’ve never felt this out of place in my own party. Realizing how stressful it is for me, I let out a deep sigh.

 

I was sitting alone, leaning my elbows on the table. This is somewhat our engagement party and I was such a coward. I couldn’t even tell my parents about my true feelings. It has been like this since I was born a princess, and it’s always has been them that everyone should obey, including me. Yes, I may be the princess but I don’t always get what I want for myself, my life. Do you think I’d run away if they just give me what I desired?

 

Some would think that what princess wants, princess gets. No. Parents are still the supervisor. The King and Queen are.

 

“Jessi,” someone said my name. I looked back and saw Yoona, looking so concerned.

 

“Yoong,” I said. She took a seat beside me, took my hand.

 

“I know what runs in your head. I also want to tell your parents the truth, tell everyone the truth. But it’s not my part to tell them,” she looked at me intently. “Sica, be strong.”

 

I nodded and said, “Yoong, it’s hard. I’ve never known that telling my true feelings would be so hard. I’m afraid of what my parents would say and how would they react to… (sigh) After all this time, I am not brave.”

 

Yoona hugged me and said, “It’s gonna be okay. I will here if you feel so weak. I’ll be strong for you as much as how Suho is being strong for your relationship.”

 

I parted the hug. “Have you seen him?”

 

She nodded her head and answered, “She’s at the second floor, waiting for you. And,” she pulled out an accessory box. “He wants me to give this to you.”

 

I looked at it. It’s like…a ring box. My eyes sparkled. I got it from Yoona and almost opened it but Yoong stopped me.

 

“No, no, don’t open,” she said, holding my hands. “Aish! Suho’s right. You’re always excited.”

 

I laughed. “Guess so.”

 

“Go now, Sica. I’ll cover you up,” Yoong promised.

 

I smiled at her and held her hand, “Thank you, Yoong. And please, always trust me.”

 

“I will.”

 

----

 

#3