The Inevitable Past

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“Where is Jessica?” I heard someone asked inside the shed when I got down the car. I was about to walked my way to the porch when the door opened.

 

I looked at the person and her eyes widened, “Jessica!”

 

I smiled at her and she ran to me, hugged me tight and said, “God! I thought they got you!”

 

She pulled away and I said, “No way! I just—“

 

I was about to say the reason but I heard a roaring of engine coming. I looked at the road and . . . No way!

 

He came riding that evil transporter—I mean his motor bike. He looks mad when he parked it. But he looks so handsome with his black leather jacket on and . . . I like that bad boy look he has on.

 

He looks so serious and . . . “You don’t do that to me, Jessica,” he said, gritting through his teeth.

 

I tried to look mad and said, “What the hell, Suho? You should have not come back!”

 

He raised his eyebrows. “Oh, really? No way! I’m not gonna let you leave me behind,” he said, so serious that I myself wanted to hide that time.

 

He was about to go in but I stopped him. “No! Go home, Suho. You don’t need to do this!”

 

“Ugh!” he broke through. “Why do you always push me away every time I try let in and help you?” he burst out, looking so infuriated. If I were a boy, I guess he’d hit me.

 

I clenched my teeth and said, “Why won’t you just listen and do what I want? I do this to protect you. Do you seriously get that?!”

 

He remained silent for a moment and said, “I don’t need protecting, Jessica. You do!”

 

“But I don’t you to be hurt!!”

 

“I am not going to let that happen!”

 

“But you’ll get hurt if you continue to do this!” I shout.

 

He gripped his hair, as if having severe headache and he glared at me after. “You know I’d do anything just to protect you!”

 

“Just stop, Suho!”

 

He then held my both shoulder. “Just let me, Jessica.”

 

“No!”

 

“Damn it!”

 

I punched his chest and said, “Just go home, Joonmyeon! Go!”

 

Yoona cut in and stopped me. “Sica, stop it.”

 

“HEY!”

 

When I heard that, I bit my lower lip and gulped. That’s Donghae’s angry voice. I looked back at him. He’s standing on the porch, hair ruffled, and his shirt opened. Oh, my gosh! Donghae’s abs.

 

He went to us and said, “What happened here?”

 

I can hint that he’s really mad. Who wouldn’t? They just found out I went out knowing it’s still dangerous. Yoona answered for us, “Oppa, Jessica took Suho home but he didn’t want to. So he came back here and they started bickering.”

 

Donghae glared at Suho then diverted his gaze to me. He’s serious. I bit my lower lip and bowed my head, waiting for his grumble about my carelessness.

 

But I heard nothing instead of his sigh. I looked up and met his eyes. It’s softer than earlier. “Donghae,” I called.

 

“Follow me inside our room, Jessica,” he then went inside.

 

My heart beats so fast and I’m scared he’s gonna be mad of me. I can’t help that. I don’t want him to be mad at me and hate me. I would me so heartbroken. What the! I’m being dramatic.

 

Yoona held my arm. “Go now, Jess. Oppa is waiting,” she said.

 

“I am scared,” I said.

 

“If he hurts you, he’ll get it from me,” I heard Suho say.

 

I looked at him and gave him a death glare. “It’s your fault,” I retorted.

 

“What did you do, Suho?” I heard Siwon Oppa’s deep voice. I looked up at him and he’s glaring at Suho. “And what is that costume, boy?” then he laughed. I scowled. Ugh! Oppa!

 

“He wouldn’t hurt you, Sica,” Tiffany said. She smiled at me.

 

“How sure are you, Tippa?” Siwon said and that earned him a slap from Tiffany. “You!”

 

 

“Tiffany, bastard! TIFFANY,” she said. She faced me and smiled before saying, “Go inside. He wouldn’t hurt you. He loves you that much. I know it because he’s been my best friend for too long. Go.”

 

I nodded and said, “Okay. Thank you.”

 

I walked my way in. The shed is still peaceful. I walked down the stairs and found our room. I took a deep breath before I hit the knob. I opened it and invited myself in. I found him sitting on my bed, with his back to me. I swallowed before walking near him. “Donghae,” I called.

 

“Sica, why did you go out without telling me?”

 

I took steps towards him and said, “I’m sorry. I’m really am. I knew I should have but I also knew you won’t allow me to. I just did that because of my gift for Suho.”

 

“Suho?”

 

“Yeah, because I promised him one day so I just thought I should give it to him befor—“

 

“Okay,” he said, my eyes widened. He lay down on my bed and didn’t even look at me. He just stared up the ceiling with one arm behind his head and his ankle crossed over the other one. He buttoned the first 3 buttons of his shirt starting at the lower part. But I can still see his abs.

 

I gulped. But I know he’s still mad so I pouted, fighting back the urge to cry. I bowed my head and said, “And I took him home after that,” finishing up my explanation.

 

But he didn’t answer. Bit my lower lip until I feel the pain to stop myself from shedding tears. And I can’t hold it any longer.

 

I ran to him and hugged him. “Donghae, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I promise I won’t do it again. I swear!” I said, crying on his chest.

 

I feel him sat up so I pulled away and bowed my head. “Ani~ Sica, why are you crying?” He grabbed me and embraced him so tight. I wrapped my arms around him and cried on his chest. “Hey, stop crying.”

 

“Ani. You’re mad at me,” I said and cried on his chest.

 

He pulled away but still held me. “Sica, I’m sorry. I’m not mad at you. I am sorry. Don’t cry. I’m sorry,” he said, wiping my tears away.

 

I’m still sniffing and all I can do is, bow my head. I feel him lifted my chin up and slowly he planted a soft kiss on my lips. And I stopped crying. It was just a peck though it means so much.

 

He stared at me and smile then wiped my tears away. I hugged him and said, “I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay,” he patted my head.

 

I pulled away and stared at him. “I love you,” I said.

 

He smiled at me and kissed me. This time, it’s all about tongue wrestling. He kissed me passionately. I responded to it and he deepened the kiss. He lay down, still claiming my lips. I was on his top, having fun of his lips. I was taking off my coat but I was having a hard time. I felt him smile and next thing, he helped me take off my coat.

 

I smiled and held his cheek, kissed him, too. He rolled over and he’s on top of me now. We’re really making out. I took the bottom part of his shirt and ed the remaining buttons. He smirked and continued kissing me. He kissed my neck on the way to my collarbone.

 

I ran my hands on his abs and I giggled. He stopped and looked at me. “What?”

 

I shook my head smiling. “You got abs?”

 

“Good you notice,” he said and grinned. He became serious. “I love you so much, Jessica, till death. I love you to the moon and back.”

 

I gave him a peck. “I love you more, to infinity and beyond,” I said. I grabbed him and kissed him deeply. He was taken aback but this is us and I love him.

 

He kissed my neck and whispered, “Let’s get married after all of this.”

 

I was silent but I smiled when I realized that it’s time for us to really treasure each other. “Okay. Yes, when we get back to Sylvania and settle everything.”

 

He smiled, happy. Suddenly, we heard a knock. “Sica, Donghae, it’s time for breakfast!”

 

That’s Tiffany. I looked at Donghae and we smiled before he got up and fixed himself.

 

I did the same, too. I know I look disheveled now so I went to the dresser and apply a little powder. I combed my hair and after, I looked back at Donghae who’s watching me.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

He smiled. “You’re beautiful.”

 

I stuck a tongue at him. I walked over to him and took his hand and he held it. We walked to the door but before I could ever hit the knob, he asked, “You didn’t do anything with Suho that you haven’t told me, right?”

 

Then it hits me. The kiss. But no one saw so it’s better not to tell. I can’t take it if Donghae gets mad at me again. I don’t want to destroy our relationship. So with a smile on, I shook my head, “None. I’ve told you,” I said and kissed him.

 

When I pulled away, he smiled. “Okay.”

 

I swear not to mention that. It’s better that way.