Confession

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

“Honey!” I called out, knocking on Donghae’s bedroom door. When there was no answer, I knocked more times. I grinned when I heard his sleepy voice.

 

“Wait a minute,” he said.

 

I fixed myself. I was wearing a summer dress, and clipped my hair to the right side. I waited until the door opened. When he appeared, I planted a soft kiss on his lips. He was still sleepy and I felt his smile.

 

I was about to break the kiss but he pulled me in for a long good-morning-kiss. When we parted, I greeted him with, “Good morning, did you sleep well?”

 

His smile made me melt. “Yeap, I did. How ‘bout you, honey?”

 

“Uh-huh. I did,” I said. He opened the door wider, and stepped aside to let me in.

 

When he closed the door, I turned out. I guess he noticed my outfit. “Oww, so gorgeous,” he commented.

 

“Of course! Your fiancée looks so stunning,” I said, giggled.

 

He pulled me in for a bear hug. I wrapped my arms around him, looked up to meet his gaze. I smiled when I found out he was staring down at me.

 

“Why do you seem so happy and hyper?” he asked in confusion.

 

I shook my head. I pouted then said, “Maybe because I love you. Or maybe I just wanted to get my good morning kiss?” I smirked.

 

Donghae’s hug tightened, squeezing me. “You’re flirting with me,” he teased.

 

“But you like it, don’t you?”

 

He thought for a moment. “Maybe. But I want you to only do that to me.”

 

Then it hits me. I want to be honest now that we are getting married. I parted the hug which made him ask me what was wrong.

 

I shook my head. “Nothing, it’s just that… I want to be honest with you, Hae.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

I led him to the bed and sat with me. I was bowing my head when I said, “I cheated on you… with Suho.”

 

I expected some yelling. I expected his angry voice. I expected him tightly gripping my forearm. I expected him to hurt me. I was proven wrong about that. He didn’t do any of those.

 

He tilted my head to meet his eyes. I didn’t see anger but… sadness. Then he said, “I already knew about that.”

 

“What?”

 

He showed me a wry smile, shrugged. “I’ve seen you two once. So I asked Kyungsoo to keep an eye on you, and what I expected was awfully the whole truth.”

 

I held his hand. “I’m sorry, Hae.”

 

He pulled me into a hug. “It’s okay. I understand you. He was there when I wasn’t. I’m sorry too for being so rude to you sometimes. I was just hurt.”

 

I tightened my hug and said, “I’m sorry. I promise to be honest with you from now on.”

 

Pulling away, he asked, “Then, I’ll ask you: do you love me, Sica?”

 

I smiled. “Of course, I love you, Hae.”

 

He smiled back to me and said, “I love you more.” He kissed me.

 

---

 

8/21/14#2