Almost

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

Suho and I got back to my mansion. Without us knowing, they were watching a movie. We found them sitting in the living room; Donghae was sitting on the sofa while Yoona, Tiffany and Siwon Oppa were on the floor. These creatures! How could they even to this without us?

 

Donghae looked at me, and to Suho. Later, he diverted his gaze to me and flashed me his beautiful smile. "Sica-ah, what took you so long? Did you fill the pond with your tears?" he joked.

 

But it didn't escaped my eyes... I noticed something. It was more than that 'corny' joke, that weird but beautiful smile...that gaze.

       

I knew that moment he has something to say, to express. But I was just a total coward to ask. And it started flooding me with guilt. I am a cheater. He’s my boyfriend. Am I supposed to consider Suho as my boyfriend, too when I already have Donghae?

 

It hurts me…internally.

 

I smiled despite the guilt I was feeling, “I was drowned. Thankfully, Suho came and… k—caught me, saved me…uhm, kinda like that.”

 

“I see,” he shortly said. But my heart won’t stop from beating fast. “Sica, come and sit beside me. We are watching a movie. Isn’t this your favorite? We watched these many times back then, right?”

 

I blinked. There was a change in his tone. I looked over to the screen and noticed that Tiffany and Siwon Oppa  seem…calm?

 

Looking back to Donghae, I nodded, “Yes, I’d love to,” I said after glancing to Suho. I walked over to Donghae and sat beside him. But I was surprised when he pulled me into a long kiss. My eyes went wide and I saw Suho’s reaction. He was also as surprised as I was. But I saw pain in his eyes until he closed them. It was replaced by anger, then.

 

I pulled away and broke the kiss. Donghae smiled at me and said, “Sica-ah, I love you.” What’s happening?

 

Yes, I do love Donghae. That’s the truth. I always know that I love Donghae. But, I also love Suho. And now, looking into Donghae’s beautiful eyes, I blame myself for being so selfish. What should I do now?

 

The moment when I am going to tell Donghae the truth seems to be the hardest thing to do. I can’t afford seeing him broken and messed up because of my betrayal.

 

Before I could ever think of anything else, my mouth spoke for me, “I love you, too, Donghae.”

 

His smile grew wider which made me feel guilty even more. But I didn’t realize Suho slamming the door shut. I looked over to the spot he was standing on and he wasn’t there anymore.

 

“WHAT THE HECK? Who was that?” – Tiffany exclaimed.

 

“Was that Suho?” Siwon Oppa asked. I wasn’t able to answer. I was feeling…I don’t know exactly what I am feeling. All I know is that, I am doomed.

 

--------------------

 

I am in my room, thinking about what mess I’ve done this time. Donghae isn’t only my boyfriend but he’s my fiancé, too. But I really love Suho; I don’t wanna lose. What the heck? How can I tell him? I don’t want him to get hurt. He sacrificed so much for me, for us, this relationship but, Suho…what the heck, Jessica?

 

*Tok! Tok!

 

  Sudden knocks interrupted my thought. I fixed myself before saying, “Come in.”

 

The door opened...

 

---------

 

Sorry,tooshort