Unmasking the Truth

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

 

“Jessica, are you ready?” Butler Yondong asked when he came back to the house. My things are properly packed. I only brought what I think is important and that wouldn’t remind me of anyone here.

 

I looked at my bag and said, “Yes. I am.”

 

“Okay, good. The men will be here in 5 minutes by now, I guess,” he declared. I just smiled at him.

 

I think this would be the last time I’m going to see and live in my own house. And my bakeshop; I would really miss baking cookies and cakes. I sighed.

 

Next thing I knew, I heard sounds of cars parking. And it confirmed my guess when Butler Yondong stood up, opened the door. “Ah! The men are here, Jessica. Let’s go.”

 

I looked at him and said, “Can I go to the bathroom for a moment? I just need to get myself ready.”

 

Butler Yondong said his okay. He went out first then I got in the bathroom. I looked myself through my reflection; my eyes were red of crying, my face is pale, my mouth is dry. Damn! I’ve never been this tired.

 

I washed my face and dried it with a towel. I looked at myself one more time and whispered, “If something goes wrong, just help me God.”

 

I was about to go out when suddenly, my phone rang. It was Siwon Oppa. Damn it. I didn’t say my goodbye to him. And I was tempted to answer the call but chose not to. It I ever did, I would be waiting for him to come back here before I decided to really go back to Sylvania.

 

I ended the call and put it inside my pocket. I got my coat and wore it before meeting Butler Yondong outside.

 

I saw him talking to a man—that I have not met in my entire life. Who are these men?

 

Butler Yondong noticed me and said, “So, shall we go?”

 

“Who are these men? Are they the guards in Sylvania?” I asked him.

 

He looked at those men and turned to answer me with, “Ah! Yes, I bet they are. You know what? Let’s get going. We have a long way back.”

 

Though, having second thought of leaving Jackson town, I said yes. There’s no turning back now. I just need to go back to my parents and start accepting my whole being as the only left princess. I am the fate of Sylvania.

 

I got in the backseat, while Butler Yondong took the front seat beside the driver. There are 3 black cars fetched us. We’re in the middle of two cars. I looked back and saw the car behind us. I grew scared, maybe because I’m totally leaving Jackson town.

 

How am I going to forget this freaking town?

 

Minutes later, we passed through the sign welcoming people to Jackson so that only means, we’re out of Sylvania.

 

Suddenly, as a half mile away from Jackson, the car went halt. I looked at Butler Yondong. He was calling someone but he hung up after. He looked back at me and said, “Princess, I just need to buy us gasoline. It seems like we lost food for our car. Be right back.”

 

Before I could say something, he went out the car and walked . . . I don’t know. He walked with three men behind him. Where in this damn place could he buy that thing?

 

I waited for like 10 minutes. But then I got bored so I fished out my phone and played with it a little more. My phone suddenly vibrated. It’s Siwon Oppa.

 

I was having second though whether I should open it or not but I guess my finger clicked it. My eyes widened.

 

Sica, if you’re with him, just stay away from him. Stay away from Butler Yondong, Jessica. He’s not someone to be trusted. Get out of the house, Sie-Sie.

 

I wouldn’t have believed him if he didn’t say it. Sie-Sie.

 

That’s the name . . . Damn it! It’s him. That’s why I always have this good feeling about him. He’s Won-Won. Damn it!

 

“Sie-Sie, no matter what, always remember I will always protect you. And you should know by now, trust me always.”

 

That’s it.

 

Although having this guilt in me of how I am accusing Butler Yondong . . . I trust Siwon.

 

I typed a reply . . .

 

I am not in Jackson. I am outside a half mile away.

 

I stayed silent after and put my phone inside. I grew scared even more. My heart pounded so hard. My hands are sweeting. What the hell?

 

I looked over the driver’s seat. Damn it! It’s true.

 

The tank is full. Damn it! How could Yondong do this to me? I almost cried when I realized he’s almost here so I did what the foolish thing to do. I got out of the car and started to run.

 

But ! I’ve never been 50 meters away I’ve been caught by some guards. They dragged me back but outside of the car.

 

“Oh! What a sudden change of mind, Princess?” He mocked. “You wanna run the way back to Jackson? Oh, boy, you were heading the wrong way,” he said, grinning,

 

-------------------

 

Apr 13 #5