Friendship

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

I was bidding my goodbye to my parents when I received a call from Yoona. Maybe she’s in the car, waiting already for me. I didn’t answer the call.

 

“Daddy,” I started. “Mommy, thank you. I promise I’ll be good. I’ll stay safe as I can.”

 

My father seems to be against it but he agreed anyway. He doesn’t want his princess to run away again. “Sooyeon, just always give us a call, all right?”

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, Dad.”

 

After bidding my goodbye to my parents and to Siwon Oppa, I decided to finally get in the car. When I did, I saw Yoona’s expression.

 

“What took you years, Sica?”

 

I shook my head. “Just shut up. We’re going now.”

 

I started the engine and drove away. Jackson Town is just a few miles away from Sylvania and it didn’t take us long to reach the place. But on the way to the place, the thought of Suho flashed in my mind.

 

I remembered our first meeting and how he turned out to be my friend. It was such a nice start for us but then I always knew that I am a danger magnet.

 

I am a princess and that’s what some other people want to take advantage of. They’d do anything just to throw over the Jung from ruling. It was such a foolish reason to even kill people.

 

But I was happy that Butler Yondong was all right. I thank Donghae for that. Before be finally left me, he fulfilled his promise of saving Butler Yondong. I was glad he’s safe and sound.

 

My heart was beating rapidly when I entered Jackson town again. When I saw the welcome sign, other memories of Suho were flashing in my mind. Dammit!

 

I never thought that love can make a person think crazily and exaggeratedly of everything. . Focus on your driving, Jessica!

 

After hours of driving, we reached my house where I have lived for too long. Yoona got down first. I killed the engine off before finally going out. I saw how smile formed on her face. She’s been with me for months and I am sure she already missed the place.

 

“It feels good to be back!” she exclaimed which made me smile.

 

I went to the back of the car and opened the trunk, pulled out my luggage. I noticed Yoona came to help and get her luggage, too.

 

“Why are your bags all red?” she asked, noticing that I have brought a red D&C bag and also red stroller.

I shrugged and said, “I don’t know.”

 

“And you’re wearing red lipstick. What’s with red now?” she asked.

 

I rolled my eyes and said firmly, “I told you I don’t know!”

 

She almost leaped. “Fine, I get it. You’re so bitter, Jess. I’ll help you carry these inside, then you take me home after.”

 

I felt guilty but then I didn’t do anything wrong.

 

“Okay,” what all I could say.

 

After settling my luggage, I went out and locked the house again. A neighbor noticed me and greeted, “Oh, sweet Jessica, welcome back. It’s been a year,” an old lady said.

 

I went to her and gave a light hug. “Yeah, I guess so. Is there any change here, Mrs. Leila?”

 

She thought for a moment and said, “Ahh~ There is! Suho’s your friend, right? I supposed you know it.”

 

I creased my forehead. “I’m sorry but Suho and I have no longer connection. Will you tell me what about him?”

 

“Oh, my! I see. Okay, he said that he got accepted.”

 

“Accepted?”

 

Yoona came and stood beside me, even curious as I was. The old lady proceeded, “He’s now a doctor.” Wow. “He got accepted in California. That young man is really a good man.”

 

Yeah, so good that he even hurt me.

 

“He stayed for a year there and finally became so professional. He’s a total package, you know. He grew more handsome, his body’s well-built, but still he’s humble and kind.”

 

“Is he still here?” Yoona asked.

 

Mrs. Leila nodded and smiled, “He just got here a few days back.”

 


“Okay,” I said. “I’ll go now,” I said, bidding goodbye. I was on my way to my car when she added something.

 

“By the way, he already has a clinic here. You might like to visit,” I looked back and I saw she winked. What’s with that?

 

I got inside and waited for Yoona to get in, too. As she did, I ignited the engine and started taking the road leading to Yoona’s home. I hope her parents are okay with me.

 

---

 

#2