Better Than The Other Day

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

 

JESSICA

 

"When everything finally felt better, something would just occur to change it to something bad," I said and closed my eyes, recalling what Suho said when he dropped by my shop.

 

I guess he's right. I sighed.

 

I got my phone and dialed Yoona's number. In the second ring, he picked it up. I can still her sleepy voice when she said, "Hey, what's up bestfriend?"

 

I smiled and said, "I wanna go shopping."

 

"Really?!" I held the phone away. She just yelled!

 

Then I said, "Yes. You heard me, Yoongie. So better be here in an hour. I kinda feel bored. Go get a shower!" 

 

She laughed and said, "Okay, okay. See you Sica!!"

 

I chuckled and put my phone inside my purse. I have changed into my semi-casual dress and worn my flats. I got down and found Butler Yondong sitting on the couch. I approached him and said, "Butler Yondong."

 

He looked up and I can see black circles around his eyes. He seemed to be losing his sleeps. I sat beside him and asked, "Why do you look so tired?"

 

He half-smiled and answered, "I've been working all night, Miss Jessica. It seems like we're having a hard time knowing this person who's keeping eyes on you."

 

"Neh? Why does it so hard to know this person?"

 

He sighed. "Because he or she diesn't really grow up in Sylvania."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"We can't really make a conclusion but what I'm sure of is, this person already found you," he explained and I found myself anxious but I know I should not. This person cannot hurt me because I didn't do anything bad to whatever plan they have.

 

"Are you going out, Miss Jessica?"

 

I came back to my senses and asnwered, "Yes. I'll be shopping wit Yoona,

 

"Do you want me to come with you?"

 

I shook my head and smiled. "Butler Yondong, I can take care of myself. You need to rest for now," I said.

 

"Are you gonna be all right, Miss Jessica?"

 

"Of course. You taught me some stunts so I guess I'll be all right." I said, reassuring him. He sighed and walked over to me.

 

"Miss Jessica, I'll be keeping an eye on you."

 

That's what I've heard him say before I went outside to meet Yoongie. It took her an hour, as expected, to meet me. I cannot blame her. i was just too early for goodness sake's!

 

We're walking down the long street of Jackson town, looking for the boutique Yoona and I used to go. This boutique's really great because they all have these nice dresses which I came to love the most,

 

"So, have you found one, Jessi?" Yoona asked when she looked my way.

 

I shook my head and smiled. "I've found two."

 

Then there she goes; she squealed and ran to me. She hugged me and said, "Another bff dress for us, Sica?!"

 

"Yes, Yoona. HERE!"

 

And she liked it. Yoona and I are extra ordinary. We may be different in many ways, but we are really the same in most ways. I guess she's the sister I never had. I might have lost Krystal, but here's Yoona, my sister and best friend.

 

After we shopped, we went to this resto just located on the other side of this street. This is La Carloz, our favorite resto. We love every shop, every resto, every boutique, everything here in Jackson town. I love Jackson.

 

We came in and sat on our usual seats. We ordered our favorite food and waited. We talked some girly stuff and I can't help but to thank who ever gave this lady in front to me. She;s the most important thing to me and I can't let anything harm her.

 

We were talking when someone appeared. "Jessica Jung?"

 

I looked up only to find a young lad smiling right at me with his hands on his two pockets. I knew him. So I gave him my smile and acknowledged his presence. 

 

"Hwang Siwon?"

 

"Who's Hwang Siwon? I don't look like a man!" Yoona said to me, glaring right at me.

 

I shook my head and said to her, "Yoong, not you. Him."

 

He approached me and said, "Good to see you again, Jessica Jung."

 

"Yeah. Good to see you too, Hwang Siwon."

 

"Oh! Him. Wait! What am I missing here? Can you please leave, you!? I'm having a great time with my best friend, you freak!"

 

My eyes widened to what Yoona said. But i was glad Hwang Siwon didn;t even glare at her. He just smiled and said, "I'm sorry. But I'm Hwang Siwon, your best friend's friend." 

 

He extended his hand to Yoona. She glared at him but reached to shook his hand, anyway. "Yoona. Im Yoona," she said.

 

"Nice to meet you," he said and flashed her a genuine smile. "Going back," he looked at me. "It's really nice to see you again, Jessica Jung."

 

"Same here, Hwang Siwon. So, have a seat." I said , pointing to a vacant seat.

 

He took it and said, "Thank you. So, is it okay I'm here?"

 

"Yeah, what else can I do?" Yoona said, irritated.

 

"I'm sorry, Hwang Siwon but she's just like that," I apologized for Yoona's attitude.

 

"Just Siwon."

 

"Siwon," I said, looking into his beautiful eyes. He flashed me a sweet smile that i know that took my heart away. Wait! What in the hell?!

 

A phone rang and it was Yoona's. She looked at the caller ID and hesitated to answer. I held his hand and said, "You can answer it, Yoon. Maybe it's important."

 

She nodded and said her thanks to me before she went to have a privacy. I then looked at Siwon who was smiling at me.

 

"Why are you smiling?"

 

"None. I'm just glad I saw you again."

 

"Really? How so?"

 

He chuckled. "I never thought you're that emotionless. But still, you're beautiful?"

 

"i am emotionless?"

 

He nodded and said, "Yes. But looks can be deceiving. You're a person with good heart."

 

"You don't even know me," I cant help to say.

 

He leaned on the table and said, "Yes. True. And I'd like to know more about you."