To Keep Her Safe

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

DONGHAE

 

I sighed and closed the door slowly. What I just saw is something I am guilty about. Jessica, I’m sorry. I feel like I am holding her back. It feels like I am making this all hard for her.

 

But she loves me and that’s what keeping me confident all these years. Knowing that she really loves me, I always feel responsible for everything. I want to protect her no matter what happens but I know this will not last.

 

“Eavesdropping, eh?”

 

I looked around and saw Tiffany. “Hey, Tiff,” I said.

 

“Let’s go outside and help me get ready our car,” she said. I nodded and followed her to the shed and outside to the car. We have secured everything and there are my men securing the perimeter. Since that attack, I never slept well at night. I always want to keep Jessica safe even if it costs everything I have.

 

I walked over to our car and checked if everything’s in place or if there’s nothing suspicious. And clear; none. When I finished, I looked over at Tiffany. She’s busy checking the back. I smiled. She changed a lot. Since her sister died, everything in her life changed even the way she responds to everything. I just hope I could be as strong as she is now.

 

“Donghae, let’s have some coffee,” she said. I nodded and we walked to the porch and sat on a wooden bench. She handed me the coffee and I accepted it. As soon as I taste the coffee, I realize what she did. I looked over at her and she said, “I am worried about you, Hae.”

 

Knowing that she wants to talk about something, I put my coffee down and relaxed. “You should not be, Tiffany.”

 

“But you know you need to tell everyone, especially her,” she said and looked over at me. “She has the right to know.”

 

I smiled at her and said, “She would know.”

 

“But for how long are you gonna keep this from her?”

 

I shrugged, unsure of how and when should I tell her that. But if I were to choose, I won’t tell her. Let it die. But the changes would not be a secret. Sooner or later, she would know. “Maybe when the time is right,” I said.

 

She nodded and sighed, “I trust you, Hae. I trust you not to hurt yourself. I trust you not to be selfish,” she said. She knows me so well.

 

“Okay,” I said and nodded. I gave her a reassuring smile.

 

“So, I’ll go inside. I need to pack,” she said and stood up.

 

She was about to go inside but I called her, “Fany-ah.” I walked over to her and gave her a hug. “Thank you,” I said.

 

She hit my arm and I pulled away. “You’re always welcome,” she uttered and smiled. She finally headed inside.

 

She has been my best friend. Though, we secreted our relationship because I don’t want my father to know. He’s not going to let anyone get attach to me and that’s why when he knows of my relationship with Jessica, and knowing she’s a princess, he planned something evil. But I won’t let him succeed.

 

I’m going to protect Jessica until I know she’s gonna be safe. Even though I am sure I would be gone, I’ll do anything just to see her safe. And that would make me happier.