History of Her Pets

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

AUTHOR’s POV

 

The people in the dining area became silent. They just witnessed how mad Jessica Jung, who they thought don’t know how to be mad, burst out, looking so furious. They do not know, but Siwon knows how important those creatures to Sica.

 

“Jessica,” Siwon said. “Not again.”

 

“I guess I should run after her,” Donghae offered.

 

Siwon looked at him and said, “No. Let her do it. It was long ago since she became that mad. She’s always this sweet girl. But when her little sister died, she changed not until she learned to move on. It was long time ago,” Siwon reminisced the times when she saw how hurt Jessica was. He was so sad, too seeing Jessica that way.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault,” Yoona said, bowing her head.

 

“Do you know why she truly got mad?” Yoona shook his head. “It’s because that lavender fish was her favorite out of all those fishes. That was her first pet and it made her smile again.”

 

Yoona felt bad and said her sorry again. Tiffany, who was still confused, asked, “What about the pony?”

 

“Oh! I gave her that when he’s just nine years old. We were playmates. Since I didn’t know her favorite color, I gave her white pony. She loved it that’s why she took good care of it. And she doesn’t want when other people try to steal what’s hers.”

 

That last sentence got Suho. He paid attention to Siwon and asked, “What if anyone tries to?”

 

“Just like earlier. And worst, she could hurt you and do the stupidest thing. She’s really like that. But she’s not a liar. That’s what is great about her.”

 

“Where could I buy something like that fish?” Donghae asked out of a sudden. He wants to make Sica feel better. He doesn’t want it when she’s sad.

 

Siwon took a sip of his coffee and said, “None. We just found it in that fish pond when I was trying to make her happy. So it means to her like it was Krystal who gave it. A kid’s happiness.”

 

“She really loves her sister,” Yoona commented and continued to feel sad. “I should have asked first.”

 

They remained silent then.