Could It Be Jealousy?

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

 

It feels good being back in my safe haven. I am in my room, looking around when I saw Suho through the wide window of her room. He’s sitting under that big oak tree I always go to. He looks really handsome and kind. Changing my clothes to long dress, I headed down the stairs. I met Siwon Oppa.

 

“Ah~ Sica baby,” he said and hugged me.

 

I hugged him back and uttered, “It’s good to be back.”

 

“Yeap! This feels like home,” he said. He looked over at me and commented, “You look really beautiful.”

 

I smiled sweetly and patted his cheek, “I know. You look good, too.” He glared at me and I laughed. “You look handsome, oppa.”

 

He hugged me once again and said, “This little Sica. Okay, see you later. I need to see your parents.”

 

“Okay. I’m going out,” I said.

 

“Out?”

 

“To my tree,” I said. He smiled and nodded. I finally made my way outside and saw Suho and this time, he’s not alone. I feel unhappy. He’s with Yoona now and they’re exchanging smiles.

 

I bit my lower lip and walked to the garden. I sat on a big rock and let a sigh. “I’m denying, right?”

 

I am really denying. This is not natural anymore. I know Suho means so much better than just a friend to me now. And it makes me confused even more. I am really confused.

 

“Wish,” I whispered.

 

I closed my eyes and wished. I wish that when I open my eyes, the first person I’m going to see would be my soul mate. I silently counted to three and I heard Suho’s voice. I opened my eyes and shocked when I saw Donghae in front of me, eyebrows raised.

 

“What are you doing here, Jessica?”

 

I gave a wry smile and shrugged. “I just want to be here,” I said.

 

He sat beside me and took my hand. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. He tightened her grip on my hand. “Jess, I talk to you parents,” he said.

 

“And?”

 

“They allowed us to get married,” he said. I should be happy—I mean, I am happy. But I just can’t force myself to be happy.

 

I sat up straight and looked at him, “That’s good,” and smiled at him.

 

He held my cheek and caressed it, “I love you,” he said. He leaned and kissed me. I closed my eyes, and I was shocked when I felt a tear escaped. I immediately pulled away and wiped it until he sees it.

 

He held my arm and asked, “What’s the matter?”

 

I shook my head. “Nothing. I’m just happy to hear your news,” I said.

 

Shooting me his fish smile, he added, “Me too.”

 

“Oh, I need to go inside. Siwon wants to talk to me,” I said. It was just an excuse. I don’t know what’s happening to me. But ugh! I really don’t know.

 

He was silent for a moment but then he nodded a little and got his hand away from me. “Yeah, I think so.”

 

I stood up and smiled at him, “See you around.”

 

I walked my way to the door and held the knob tighter as soon as I heard someone call me. “Jessica.”

 

My heart skipped a beat. I closed my eyes and sighed. I looked over at him and smiled, “Oh, Suho, hi.”

 

He nodded and smiled, “You look really beautiful,” he complimented.

 

I looked down my dress and a smile just appeared. I stared at him and said, “Thanks.”

 

“I’m kinda hungry,” he said. He walked over to the door and his hands brushed over my arm. I felt shivers down my spine and I gasped. “What?”

 

My eyes went wide. I shook my head and said, “Nothing.”

 

He faced me, looking at me worriedly. “Are you all right?” Then he held my cheek. I almost jerk but luckily I prevented myself from doing so. What’s happening to me? Ugh! This stupid Little Sica.

 

I slightly moved and said, “I’m okay. Hmm, you said you’re hungry, right? I’ll walk you to the dining area,” I offered, changing the atmosphere.

 

“Yeah,” he shortly said. “I’d love to,” he smiled and I did. What the--! It feels like a first time. It feels like a teenager thing.

 

I nodded and he opened the door. We, together, walked over to the dining area. I told the chef that we’re going to eat.

 

We took our seats, waiting for the food, and talked a little. “Jessica,” he called.

 

“Wae?”

 

It looks like he’s hesitating but I motioned him to just say it. “I’m really happy being with you,” he said it.

 

I stiffened and sent him a glare when I remembered him smiling with Yoona. I shrugged and said, “Whatever.”

 

Though looks like he finds me weird, he still continued, “You always amaze me with everything you do. Even the way you blush when I am talking to you.”

 

Shocked, my eyes went wide. I looked over at him and said, “Jjinja? Oh, uh! I don’t blush,” I was trying to deny it.

 

He smiled and said, “You always do. See for yourself right now,” he handed me his phone. I took it and saw myself.

 

It’s true. I gave it back to him and shrugged, “It’s because I apply some blush.”

 

“Denial,” he commented, teasing me.

 

I glared at him and said, “You’re hallucinating, Joonmyeon.”

 

“You’re still blushing, Sooyeon,” he retorted.

 

Gritting through my teeth because I am embarrassed I am blushing, I pinched his cheeks. “Ugh!”

 

“Oww~ Jessica, st—ow.”

 

“You are hallucinating!” I said and redeemed my hands. “Just waking you up,” I said and giggled. He glared at me. “Omo~” I exclaimed. “Suho is glaring, aha aha!” I stood up and started dancing that funny dance.

 

He laughed. I continued to do it, “Glaring Suho, aha aha~” He still laughed and when I stopped, he’s still laughing. I laughed along with him and then, we started telling jokes and everything.

 

He dances that funny dance I did which I find so cute. He’s so cute. I can’t stop smiling and laughing. He’s not a funny guy but when he’s trying to be one, it turns out so cute. He’s really impossible to be true.

 

“Sica-ah,” I heard someone called. I looked over and saw Yoona.

 

We stopped and Suho greeted her, “Hi, Yoong,” and smiled at her. Yoona smiled, too.

 

“Suho-ah, how about we go around to see the whole kingdom,” she offered. My ears perked like I heard something bad. My mood changed when I heard it. Does she like Suho?

 

Why does she have to ask Suho when he’s still new here? Why not ask me?

 

Suho looked over at me and to Yoona, “Ah, okay. Maybe, later.”

 

Yoona pouted and said, “How about now? I want to look around now.”

 

I know I should not be. Jessica, stop it. Yoona is your best friend. You can’t be like that. I never thought I slammed my palm on the table. They looked at me. “Oh, that’s my habit here. Sorry,” I said.

 

“Yoong,” Suho started. “We’ll go around later,” he said.

 

“But I want it now,” she said.

 

I raised my eyebrows then rolled my eyes but I made sure they won’t see me. I stood up and see, “Laters, guys.” I was about to really go out of that are when I heard Suho called me.

 

“Jessica, will you go out with me tonight?”

 

I pivoted and met Suho’s eyes. “Wae?”

 

He smiled and said, “I told you, I am happy being with you. Besides, I have to tell you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Tonight, Sica. I saw your big oak tree over there. You carved your name there and there are so many marks. Maybe you could tell me about that tree,” he said. I was shocked. I bit my inner cheek to prevent myself from smiling. “It’s just like the tree in Jackson where you carved your name and memories there,” he said.

 

My eyes went wide. This time, I also smile. “How did you know?”

 

“I will tell you tonight, Sica.”

 

Yoona seemed to look confused so to cut the conversation short, I agreed, “Okay, Suho.”

 

I turned and walked out of that place but a smile playfully appeared on my lips.

---------------------

 

Posted thee chapters :) I guess we are near the ending. Not so sure. But I know who's gonna be with her ;) Thank you for reading. I'd like to ask all of you to keep sharing your thought :) That's what makes me inspired. When I see someone left a comment, I always feel this feeling that I should do good and write :) Thank you so much ;)

 

Here's a peek of the next chapter:

 

"I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I can't take it anymore," I sighed and took those hands holding my both cheeks. "I think I love you," I said.

 

He smiled. "I think it would be better if you said you can't talk."