The Kiss

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“Sica,” I heard Donghae said. “Don’t you love me?”

 

My eyes went wide and I stared at him. “Donghae…”

 

He smirked and said, “You know what? I think you’re up for revenge, right? Because I left you, you’re now preparing to hurt me. You don’t really love m—“

 

“What are you saying, idiot? How come you think of something like that?”

 

“Sica, don’t you love me?” he repeated that question. I’ve thrown back to reality. What am I doing?

 

I gulped. I looked around and I saw that everyone’s attention’s on me. Why am I having this second thought when in fact I know in my heart that I do love Donghae? If I won’t tell him then I’d be leaving him crying.

 

“Donghae, of course, I love you,” I said, feeling my heart beats fast.

 

Donghae shook his head and I was confused that time. And he just said, “Am I the only one you love, Sica?”

 

Scared that he might get mad again, I said, “Y-yes.” Damn it! Why am I stuttering? It’s the truth, right?

 

He wiped his tears away and that’s just the time when I noticed the cuts on his lips and on his cheek. “DONGHAE!”

 

I ran fast to his place and took his face between my hands, said, “What happened to your cheek?” He shook my hand away and turned his face sideward. “I told you I don’t want you to get hurt because of me!”

 

“As if you’re concerned, eh?”

 

I slapped him and his cuts bleed. “Omo~ I’m sorry. Yoona, get the first aid kit.” I dragged Donghae to the bed and made him sit but he won’t. “Sit down, Donghae,” I said but he still he won’t. I pushed him to the bed. He nearly lay down. I glared at him.

 

“Ahh,” he complained. “Why did you do that?”

 

“Because you won’t listen to me, Hae.”

 

“Argh, because I heard something, Jessica, don’t you dare lose it,” he said and that made me gulp. I closed my eyes. “What are you doing closing your eyes?”

 

I didn’t answer him. I still closed my eyes.

 

I heard him sigh. “Sica, don’t you see? You’re hurting me. Just tell me everything that happened that day,” he said.

 

My eyes shut open and I shrieked, “WHAT?”

 

He rolled his eyes and looked down. “I’m trying not to get mad, Sica. And you know I should be but I just can’t be mad if you won’t let it all out and make me understand,” he looked up and I saw just how beautiful he is. He’s dreamy.

 

That’s when I realized he’s too good for me. He is an understanding person. He’s right. He should get mad at me but what I am seeing now is the opposite. He still has this soft expression that makes me guilty all the time. I never knew how perfect he was.

 

Looking down, I played with my fingers, trying to ease the agitation. When I knew I can already do it, I looked up and met his eyes. “You’re right. I should have not kept it in. I should have told you everything that happened that day even that k-kiss.”

 

I pursed my lips for a moment when I opened it, I said, “I’m sorry, Donghae. Yes, Suho and I…we kissed. He started it—“

 

“And you liked it, right?” he looked away.

 

I was silent. But there’s no reason not to tell right now. He heard it so I said, “Yes.”

 

He chuckled and when I met his eyes, that chuckle’s different from what I see in his eyes. He’s hurt. Then he smiled and said, “But do you love him?”

 

Although shocked, I answered with, “No.”

 

After all, I really don’t know if I love Suho but what I am sure of is that Donghae is the one I love.

 

He smiled again and said, “I believe you.” And I felt relief. He stood up and I chose to remain seated. “But don’t ever do it again. If you did, I’d have a second thought of trusting you again, Sica.”

 

And I sighed before saying, “Okay. I’m sorry.”

 

He made me look at him. He met my eyes and said, “It’s okay. Now, pack some clothes. We’re going,” he kissed the top of my nose and walked over to the closet after.

 

I smiled then image of Suho popped into my head. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I so affected of Suho’s question earlier? Why do I even care? Ugh! It’s frustrating. The last time I checked, I sorted things out between me and Suho but now, why does I have this feeling it’s never gonna be that okay again?

 

And I didn’t even notice he went out. I sighed. And I heard Donghae say, “Jessica, your parents called.”

 

I instantly shot my gaze on him. He’s buttoning his shirt. “Wae? I mean, oh, my gosh! You know my parents?”

 

“Of course, I know them. And they know me. I promised your parents to take you back safe to them,” he said. Then he’s all done with his clothes.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

He shrugged. “I forgot. Since I went back here, every time I close my eyes, I always see you. I always think of you,” he said, sounded so sincere.

 

I smiled sweetly at him and said, “I’m sorry for bothering you all the time.”

 

He walked over to me and hugged me from behind. Softly, he whispered, “It’s okay. You’re worth thinking of.”

 

I hit his face not so hard. And I see his cuts still bleeding. I pulled away and said, “Ugh! You’re cuts are bleeding. Where’s Yoona?”

 

I was about to go out but he stopped me by holding my hand. I looked down at him. He smiled and said, “I’m okay. These are just insect’s bites.”

 

“A deadly beetle’s bites?” he made that funny face and I laughed. I ruffled his hair and said, “Kidding aside.”

 

All of a sudden, he hugged me and buried his face in my hair. Then I heard it. He’s crying. “Sica, I love you. And I have to tell you something,” he said and pulled away.

 

“What?”

 

He smiled and said, “I have Cor—“

 

“Sica, here’s the first aid kit!” Yoona said and opened the door just rapidly. We looked over the door and saw Yoona holding that first aid kit container. Hey expression changed to happy and she said, “I see you two are okay now.”

 

----------------------

 

What was Donghae about to say? ‘Cor’ what?