Well

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

A week before our wedding, Donghae recovered. Though he wasn’t cured, he had regained his strength to do the things he does with me. He still made me happy.

 

“Sica,” I heard his voice say.

 

I thought I was just hallucinating not until he held my shoulder I was woken up. When I turned around, I saw him, dressed in his white polo shirt, with his fish-like smile plastered on his face.

 

“HAE!” I exclaimed and ran to hug him.

 

He laughed which made my heart beat fast. “Easy, Jessi,” he stated.

 

I pulled away and cupped his face, “Oh, my gosh, Hae! You’re okay!”

 

“Of course,” he said. “Now, let me kiss my bride.” He pulled me in for a kiss on my lips. And when he broke it, I hugged him again.

 

“Donghae… I missed you,” I said.

 

“Okay, okay. Stop now. Let’s be ready for our wedding from right on,” he said.

 

I parted the hug. “Are you sure you can do it? Aren’t you still weak? We can move the date—“

 

“No, no. It’s okay. No need. I’m strong enough,” he said.

 

I settled then. When I noticed, I cupped his face, “Hae, you became so thin. Come on. Let’s go to the kitchen. Eat up!”

 

He chuckled and just let me drag him all the way to the kitchen. There, I cooked for him. He became so thin that it hurts my heart. I want the old Donghae back!

 

Serving him the food, I said, “Eat up, fish!”

 

He started eating his food while I took my seat. “Hey, aren’t you going to eat?”

 

I shook my head. “Nope, you eat. I barely fit in my wedding dress.”

 

Donghae laughed and said, “It’s because you eat too much. But it’s okay. I don’t care if you’re thin or fat. Still, you’re Sica, my love.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Just eat before I’ll choke you to death.”

 

“DONGHAE!”

 

I looked at those people by the door and glared at them. “DON’T SHOUT AT HIM!”

 

They ignored my remarks and went to Donghae to ask him how he is doing. Hae looked confused because they bombarded him with so many questions. Don’t they know they’re suffocating him?!

 

I threw fruits at them and they looked at me with confusion. I glared at them that made them sat on each chair.

 

“Oh, Jessica cooked for us!” Yoona exclaimed. Ugh. Food Goddess.

 

“WOW!” Tiffany exclaimed and ate. “Delicious.”

 

“My Sica cooks deliciously! You’re the best dongsaeng, ever!” Siwon Oppa exclaimed, too.

 

I glared at them and rolled my eyes. I noticed Donghae was staring at me so I looked at him. Then he mouthed, “THANK YOU.”

 

I just smiled and made a heart sign using my hands.

 

---

 

24/08/14#1